American Shingle / no roof

American shingle came to my 85 year old mother home and she and my 67 year old brother signed a contract to have a roof installed this summer. Unfortunately they gave these crooks an insurance check from Hartford for $2, 190.01 on 8/6/10. About 2 weeks later we received a telephone call to inform her that the materials would not be delivered until 10/31/10 and the roof would be installed on 11/1/10. About 2 weeks after that we received a undated letter in the mail stating that she would be receiving a full refund. I have contacted the Attorney General of North Carolina, but from when I have been reading because of the bankruptcy they have total protection and no assets. This company knew full well what there financial situation was before. I work for a bank who requested a bail out. Executive officers and other management were possibly aware for quite so time. I also spoke to one of there salesperson and he also told me that he was till owed thousands of dollars in back pay. This company should more definitely be investigated. My mother is also deaf and elderly, if the take advantage of someone like that I not surprise by what I'm reading on some of the other sites.

Comments

• Af
      15th of Dec, 2010

They took your check on 8/6, and they shut their doors on 8/12 and filed BK shortly thereafter. So they took your money KNOWING they were not going to install your roof. That is criminal intent and fraud. File a police report against the sales rep or the person who took the check, or both. Also consult an attorney to see if you can sue the sales rep, the project coordinator and the production manager as individuals...everyone who told you your roof would be installed when they knew it would not be installed. They are just as culpable in the crimes as the owners. All their names and phone numbers are listed elsewhere on this site under Southern Armor since most of the American Shingle sales and production people are now with that company.