American Laser Centers / Contract cancellation fee
I "won" a bogus $300 credit toward a service at a local event in FL. Laser Center rep called and told me to come in on Saturday to get an extra $100 off a service, but I had to go in that day or else it was void. 5 hours after agreeing to financing for $2200 for 60 months, I found that I was not able to commit to the contract and emailed the clinic manager my issue - no reply. On Monday, I left 2 messages, with no return call. Tuesday, I spoke to someone who said the manager would call me back. She didn't. I called again at 5 pm and they told me to come in Wednesday at 6:30 to discuss my issue. Wednesday, the manager told me she had received my email, but couldn't call or write me back because her regional manager was there, which makes no sense. After finding that there was no way I could afford their services I said I wanted to cancel my contract (at this time, this falls within the 3 day no-fault cancellation). The manager tells me I need to pay 10% of my amount financed ($220) because that's what Care Credit(financing company) charges them for cancellations and that this is a common policy among all health/beauty clinics. What a lie! I called Care Credit myself and they told me they had no such policy! So the manager, neglected to contact me in a timely manner, she LIED to me, and never gave me any documentation of this policy, nor did she mention/warn that this is their policy, even when I had asked about it to begin with!
I am fighting this by going straight to corporate, and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of America. I refuse to pay anything to this con artist of a compnay, especially because no services were rendered! This is wrong and illegal in so many ways, and I advise anyone and everyone to steer clear of this company. Protect yourselves!
More American Laser Centers Complaints & Reviews
- American Laser Centers - Unprofessional, dangerous, painful and no refund! 
- American Laser Center - Fraudulent and an embarrassing! 
- American Laser Centers - Bad results and custmer service 
- American Laser Centers - This was a scam!
- American Laser Center - Fraud, possible class action lawsuit 
- American Laser Hair Removal - Laser hair removal
- American Laser Skincare - Lied
- American Laser Skincare - Stole money 
- American Laser Skincare - How can I get a refund
- American Laser Centers - How can anyone continue to run a business like this