American Laser Centers / No cancellation policy/no refund!

1 1200 Wallace BlvdAmarillo, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8063567770

Was over sold on services! The next morning called to cancel and was told no refund will be given. We got your money now we are going to keep it! There is no cancellation notification provided. No services given, but they don't care. I have written and written letters to them and to this kevin ceo guy. I have now filed a complaint with the local better business bureau, the texas attorney general's office and with a consumer rights legal aide office. We have got to get these people for their unethical business practices and obviously unprofessional services. No one should be getting burned if these people were trained and knew what they were doing!

Please everyone file a complaint w / your state's attorney general's office. They don't like getting all these complaints about a company. Something is wrong! I will eventually seek legal action if I don't get my refund for no services received!

Comments

• Al
      14th of Apr, 2008

Hello Gail,

I represent American Laser Centers and we would like to apologize that you were not satisfied with your experience.

American Laser Centers recently changed ownership and we have a newly expanded team focusing on customer service.

To help with your issue, we’d like to personally discus your specific case and receive all of your feedback. Please contact our newly expanded customer service department at (877) 252-2010. If you’d like us to contact you instead, please provide your contact information to my email below and we will contact you at a time and day of your convenience.

-Allen
    customerservice@alcpartner.com
    www.americanlaser.com

• Gi
      17th of Apr, 2008

I HAVE PAID $1K AND CAN'T GET A FOLLOW UP APPT-IS THIS A SCAM?

• Cm
      3rd of Jun, 2008

In May 2008 I went to American Laser Centers in Santa Rosa, California.

I was told about this company because my friend gave me his $300 coupon he won at a fair.

Long story short. I too signed the contract. The next day I was feeling I was being charged too much for only 6 appointments = + $5, 000

I talked with a friend who said you should not be paying in advanced.
    His example was: If you go to the dentist, get a haircut, dr. appt = you pay as you go-- NOT in advanced.

I called to cancel my laser appointment. No work or services were ever done to me.

I was then told I had to pay the 10% administration fee.
    (I was furious! = + $500)

I told the laser people under the California law according to the “State of California Department of Consumer Affairs, The Consumer Transaction with Statutory Contract Cancellation Rights there is a three-day no fault cancellation.”
    [http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/k-6.shml]

American Laser Centers would NOT honor this Law!

I then consulted my friend who is a business person.

That DAY I DID THE FOLLOWING—

This is The MANUAL BOOK FOR KICKING ### AGAINST AMERICAN LASER CENTERS:

(REMEMBER: ALWAYS BE professional and business like in your letters.)

1.) Called my CareCredit number 1-866-893-7864 CLOSED the account over the phone. WRITE DOWN YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER!

2.) Called GE the actual bank for CareCredit. http://www.geonlineservice.com
    TOLD them I had no work done.

I sent a certified letter to dispute my account. Included in the letter is my: name, account number, day I signed contract, copy of the contract, include your confirmation number from closing your CareCredit account!
    GE Money Bank
    P.O. Box 981438
    EL Paso, TX 79998-1438

3.) Contact BBB. I contacted the BBB in my area SF, CA. I was forwarded to the office in Michigan where headquarters of these American Laser people are Located.
    Contacted BBB of Detroit & Eastern Michigan
    3055 Southfield Road, Ste. 200
    Southfield, MI 48076-7751
    248-644-9100
    I sent a certified letter. In the HARDCOPY letter to the above BBB Address with a copy of your laser contract and a letter explaining what happened to you.
    AND: GO ONLINE TO: http://www.bbb.org fill out the online form AND Write the hardcopy letter.

4.) Sent a certified Letter to:
    Care Credit, INC:
    P.O. Box 1710
    Costa Mesa, CA 92628-1710

TOLD them I did not have any work done.
    Tell them: “Please close my account. I want to Dispute the amount. I want a refund please.” (BE NICE and business like.)
    INCLUDE your: Name, account number, name and location of Laser store, your contact numbers, copy of the contract. Anything else you can tell them.

5.) I wrote a letter to my Attorney General. (If you live in a different state than CA—do a Google search for the Name of your state you live in and “Attorney General”

AND: YOU can send online COMPLAINT form—

PLUS then mail in a hard copy letter including YOUR copy of the laser contract.

For CALIFORNIA Send letters to:
    California Department of Justice
    Office of the Attorney General Edmund G. Brown, JR.
    Public Inquiry Unit Office of the Attorney General.
    P.O. Box 944255
    Sacramento, CA 94244-2550

6.) I sent a certified letter to State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
    State of California (YOUR State should have a Dept. of Consumer Affairs. Google search it to find it!)
    Department of Consumer Affairs
    Consumer Information Center
    1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N-112
    Sacramento, CA 95834
    CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY: (800) 952.5210

Tell them about your unethical business contract with the American Laser Centers!

7.) I sent a certified letter to the location of where I went to American Laser Centers. I told them to: Cancel my contract and services.

8.) I emailed the office manager of American Laser Centers of the location that I went to. Look at your paperwork for the business card and the email address. Tell the office manager you want to cancel your treatments and services.

9.) I emailed Customer Services at American Laser Centers: CustomerService@alcpartner.com 877-252-2010

10.)I went to Small Claims in my area for extra help. Do a Google search with the name of the county of the state that you live in and “small claims” for the location. BRING ALL YOUR PAPERWORK including your contract!

MOST IMPORTANT: Keep copies of all your letters, your certified mail receipts, correspondents, emails…!

BE Business like!

Good luck! Think positive!
    Please write your letters!

P.S. At first I did not want to write the letters. I was feeling like I was causing too many problems. That was until I was told I had to pay $500 + for no services or treatment.

Do your BEST!

• Pa
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I paid $1600.00 and I was told if it does not remove my hair I would get a full refund. When I filled for the refund with the Hinsdale IL location manager Diane she told me that she took care of it. I sent her e-mailed and called every other month with reply's that she is taking care of it. After 5 months she finally gave me a contact to the home office in MI. I called and got NO call back. I called a second time and then with a nasty message they caled back. and told me that I would hear something about my full refund and it is now 1.5 months and NO call back. I have spoke with my lawyer and we spoke of a class action law suit.

If anyone has been trying to get there payment back after a failed treatment from American Laser please send me an e-mail so we can band together and beat them @ there own game.

pauliez75@hotmail.com