American General FinancePredatory Lending, Loan Fraud

1 Review updated:

American General Financial's shady, and predatory lending practices have started the landslide to its demise. In the 3rd quarter alone, American General Finance has a net net loss of $536 million, with an estimated year end loss of over $1 billion. These losses arenot a result of AIG(AGF parent company) current financial situation, but of American General Finance's upper echleon(management's �¢ï¿½�¦greed and corruption). As a former employee of American General Finance, we all saw it coming. Our company's former success was based on predatory and discrimantory lending practices. American General targeted inner, city blacks, hispanics, and lower-income, working class families, who had no idea how they were being ripped off. Most of the mortgages, American General Finance orginated could of been approved convential or FHA at an average rate of 6.%. American General on average charged these uneducated, consumers a rate of 15% on a first mortgage. These mortgages that were orginated, were also loaded with thousand of dollars in points and trash fees, to generate insane amounts of profits. In addition, American General particpated in insurance twisting on its consumer and mortgage loans. Instead of offering, customers standard term life policies through American General( $15/$50, 000. 15year policy. American General embedded life insurance policies, with terms of 12 months to 5 years with a face value of less than $5000.00, that were embedded in their loans. Most AGF consumers didnot realize that they were also being charged 23%apr on their insurance premiums, that were hidden in their loans. What a relief that the end is near. I couldnot sleep, a many of nites knowing that, I was involved in such criminal and unethical lending practices. May God forgive me!

Lo

Comments

• Ic
      Dec 31, 2008

They should not get a nickel from the taxpayers or FRB until they reduce all consumer loans and mortgaes to 4%. Otherwise it is a big flim flam shim sham from the man!! Play nice AIG/AGF. Be good American's!!

Mar 06, 2009

I am a victim of American General Finance elaborate scam which included D&M Financial of Belleville NJ and Island Home Designs Inc/Corp. the strawman home improvement contractors who advertised the company as FHA Title-1 Loan procurors. The contractors monitor the town records of new home owners who just closed on their property. FHA Title -1 Loans up to 25, 000 dollars are available for minor repair and the basic facelifting of the newly aquired home.
    American General Finance sets up the middle man in my case D&M Financial who converted the application for FHA into a mortgage, sold it to American General Finance and AGF tried to assume the position of holder in due cause. No one was license to conduct mort. banking in 1999 no permits were filed with the town and AGF has litigated me into bankruptcy. AGF is the worse of the worse. Like D&M and Petros Vtlis of ISLAND HOME DESIGNS, The US ATTORNEY SHOULD shut all of them down including MOREQUITY.

Mar 17, 2009

I am orginizing a class action suit against American General Finance. I am searching for consumers who feel they were victimized by home improvement contractors or altered documents that were instramental in a mortgage or personal loan from D&M Financial or was transferred and sold to American General Finance for collection. If you know of anyone with a documented case of consumer or mortgage fraud against American General Finance, please have them post a brief description of their complaint on this site. American General Finance needs to be exposed big time. There are elected law officials who have received countless complaints about this company and its practices.
    A David can stun a giant and a community of victums can bury the virmin.

• Je
      Apr 19, 2018

@JOHN HERBERT It it too late to get in on a lawsuit against this bank, we were in one of those loans too.

• Ag
      Apr 14, 2009

I feel I have been victimized by American General Finance. I took out what was represented as a 30 year mortgage but was actually a sporious open-end mortgage, which is constructed to evade predatory lending laws and it is non amortizing which means we will never be able to pay it. We never received pre-disclosure documents or copies of documents at. closing. We were rushed thru the closing process as it was on a Saturday, it was basically sign here, initial there, nothing explained. I have never been able to receive a TILA or settlement statement. What few documents I have been able to receive I believe our name has been forged on them, and some doesn't even have a signature on them. We borrowed 42, 000 and by the time they packed it with junk fees and insurance it was $48, 000 which we were unaware of. I caution anyone to not deal with this company as they have very shady lending practices, and lie and deceive you into something you are not aware of. I am in the process of finding some type of resolution to our loan and am contacting any agency or government official that will listen. Good luck and if you would like more information and I can be of help just let me know. I agree with you this company needs to be exposed. If you find any other way to find a remedy to this problem let me know.

May 11, 2009

We are being sued by predatory loan company American General Finance in Stephenson County Illinois. The tristate region of Northwest Illinois/Southern Iowa/Southern Wisconsin is hit by a diabolical mix of agrarian foreclosures due to agribusiness and Midwest industrial failure esp. Freeport and Rockford.

Our second mortgage is also packed with junk fees and forced insurance, balloon payments and forced agreements in clear violation of the Federal Arbitration Agreement. In 2005, a group of frustrated californians fed up with these loan sharks who simply feed the bigger fish AIG got together and started a suit. LEt's do the same throughout the land

Write me=Dr. Paul Giaimo professor of English and Philosopher, tenured with a book under consideration
    [protected]@aol.com

• Me
      May 27, 2009

I need the some info on this law suit. We need help ASAP!! American General Finance really needs to be stoped in what they are doing to people. I am in GA. and looks like this is a wide spread thing!! The more people you have to help and step up and realize what these people are doing the faster and more things we can get done. One person can't do it alone!! If you have researched this you will see it is world wide!!

• Sb
      Jun 03, 2009

I have a problems with their constant phone calls, harassing me and my husband, we are paying off our loan (which is a lien on our three (!) previously paid off vehicles. I owe less than $3000, have paid for about three years, hope to pay it off this year, but am constantly being called. They are rude on the phone, treat you like dirt when you go to pay at the office, because there is no way I am giving them bank information on the phone. They ask stuff like "when are you going to come in with that payment" or "when do you think you can possibly manage to come in" or "do you want to refinance and borrow some more, if you have documentation that you are caught up on all your other debts, blah, blah" (yeah, right). I am in a bind because we are trying to raise grandkids, keep up on a mortgage with another nasty company we never wanted to deal with (that is another story) and pay our utilities so we are not shut off, while having a husband on unemployment. I work two jobs, and they treat us like we are stupid ###s they barely tolerate. They need to get real jobs doing something productive, and I would never get another loan with them (it was my husband's idea, the oaf.)

Jun 03, 2009

Many of the behaviors we have experienced also. And here is some info. sboyer, I would like to share. First off, if they are rude on the phone or calling more than once in a 14 day period as they did to us, they are in violation of the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, which you can check. Also, you need to check your paperwork to see if they are charging an unjust interest rate or if they have "packed" your with illegal credit "insurance" which they CANNOT require. Also, ignore any "agreements" they coerced you to sign on your triple title loan, such as waiving the right to a trial etc. They tried to pull this with us and eventually sued, but we are defending ourselves legally to the best of our ability. If either you or you Melway receive a court summons CONTEST or DENY it depending on the language. They CANNOT repossess ANY of your vehicles or garnish your paychecks or DO ANYTHING without a suit. And given the fact that we the American taxpayers now OWN A LARGE SHARE OF THEIR PARENT COMPANY AIG - yes you read that right THEY ARE A DIVISION OF AIG CURRENTLY BEING SUED BY COMBAT VETS FOR MED INSURANCE CLAIMS as well as all other nasty stuff they are nationally famous for. Though it is difficult for less wealthy folk to win a counterclaim against these monsters, it is not impossible. What is needed is a MASSIVE Federal class action linking the matters in California and CT and elsewhere. Because we are now paying these loan sharks' salaries through our income taxes, I argue that all commercial debt to their finance arm is now NULL AND VOID to the DOLLAR AMOUNT OF THE TARP FUNDS GIVEN TO AIG. AIG/AGF's return of said funds ought to legally take the form of DEBT FORGIVENESS TO ALL CONSUMERS AND PUBLIC APOLOGY FOR PREDATORY LOAN PRACTICES AS DEFINED BY THE KENT STATE RESEARCH ESSAY OF 2006 (look it up).
    Ok, now as for the practical logistics of bringing this together, this is going to be tough. But it begins I think by each and every victim of an AIG/AFG predatory scam uniting, identifying ourselves in one large petition for example- a national CEASE AND DESIST ORDER ! Furthermore, sboyer, do not let them pit you and your husband against each other because this is another of their strategies we experienced. ALWAYS present a united front and DO NOT take another single DIME in any loans from them. You can argue if you use any of your vehicles for work that such is EXEMPT from possible repo because you need it for work. GET A LAWYER all of you folks immediately- use free legal aid if you have to BUT DO NOT let them harass you any further. Keep in touch. Our next phase is next month. We are trying to negotiate this down to a reasonable payment plan.Such settlements AND MORE is EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN'S LEGAL RIGHT NOW

All the best, Paul Giaimo

Jun 03, 2009

So John Herbert as soon as you want to work with me let me know- remember it's a NATIONAL CEASE AND DESIST ORDER

Paul Giaimo

• Kd
      Jun 04, 2009

Please send me information on American General finance. We had a small loan with a private loan company who was bought out by AGF. I am unemployment and my husband is a 100% disabled veteran. We are supporting our daughter and our grandson. We are late on our payments because I have not found a job and due to the the bad economy prospects are ot looking good. Even though we still make our payments all though late AGF has sent numerouss people to our house to collect the amount due. In one month they have sent up to four people to my address to collect the payment. Is this a legal pratice? What are my rights to stop this harassment?
    KM

• Lm
      Jun 04, 2009

We are definately wanting to get in on a lawsuit against AmGen. We have been scammed big time and are paying the consequences now. They have turned down three short sales, first one for only $30k less than what was owed. Now the market has taken housing prices down so low, we are forced out and told they are foreclosing and selling on their own. They have left all these decisions to a local "girl", barely 30 years old, who has no experience and wants our house for herself. She sells Mary Kay on the side and is never in her office. We were told their foreclosure is happening in June, but the first mtg. holder just called and has heard nothing from them. What are we to do? They increased our interest by 2% on the whole loan when we took out an additional $20k, which was for a remodel they told us we needed to complete. Now that it is complete, they won't let us sell. This is criminal. There is even more to tell. We need someone to take an interest!!!

Two comments

First to kdm. Yes, there are several ways that AGF is treating you which is illegal. First, when they "took over" your loan (and I would be VERY interested to find out HOW if I were you) and changed it in ANY way without your consent, that's a violation of TILA (Truth in Lending Act) a Federal Crime for which you need to take them to court Immediately (stop payments and hold the monies in a savings account) Secondly, despite their nonsense about not being subject to the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, they ARE ! Several courts have treated creditors as debt collectors because that is precisely what they are doing ! and NO THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO COME TO YOUR DOOR AT ALL. In fact, the next time they do tell them they are trespassing and IF THEY REFUSE TO LEAVE CALL THE COPS. It's that SIMPLE- it IS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO CALL YOU MORE THAN ONCE IN A 14 DAy PERIOD. Get a lawyer or free legal counsel immediately and do not allow their harassment to interfere with your life or your husband's ANYMORE. Your rights are to get a lawyer and issue a cease and desist letter IMMEDIATELy. None of their so-called agreements entitle them to anything, and if they threaten to take your house or your monies anyway, they cannot do so without a lawsuit which will be costly for them. So do not put up with this and take action on your own case.

LMR- they do not have the right to turn down a short sale. Also they cannot foreclose without suing the first mortage holder unless the first is foreclosing also. Get a loan modification from the first and I would say that %2 increase is completely illegal another VIOLATION OF TILA WHICH YOU NEED TO PROSECUTE IMMEDIATELY. No little 33-year old twerp has the legal right to grab your title for a piddly 20 K !!! You need to stop communicating with them and clear your other lien- maybe even quit claim the deed to the first mortgage if it is viable. DO NOT< EITHER OF YOU, BORROW ANOTHER DIME FROM THESE BLOODTHRISTY LOAN SHARKS AT ALL. In fact, , you have the right to sue them as their so-called agreements violate the Federal Arbitration Board standards for arbitrations which give both parties an equal say. Disregard this nonsense and get legal counsel immediately. Save all your records because after kdm wins her settlement and they knock the principle down and LMR gets her short sale, we are GOING TO GET THEM OUT OF OUR COUNTIES AND OUT OF OUR COUNTRY (AIG)

The Revolution Starts Here

Jun 04, 2009

Please join my group folks and we can all pool our heads together, In a group I do better research

Jun 05, 2009

Wow. Paul you should seriously consider researching the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act) before you start spouting off policy. Collectors are allowed to call each number once a day unless they receive a cease and desist order to only communicate by written correspondence.

As far as their arbitration agreement is concerned, both parties must agree to arbitration otherwise it's the court system that determines the outcome. This is not exclusive to AIG/American General alone, banks, credit unions, and finance companies use the same basic arbitration clause.

As far as the bailout is concerned, by your logic I "own" some of the assets of your posters on this site because they're on unemployment and BY GOD that's MY tax money.

As far as predatory lenders, how many of them/you thanked your lucky stars someone was willing to loan you money you desperately needed when no other bank, credit union, or financial institution would touch you with a 10-foot pole? Let's take accountability and not blame others for allowing ourselves to get into desperate situations where consumer finance loans/credit cards are needed. My parents emigrated to this country without knowing the language, worked 2 jobs a piece and never once had to tap into public assistance. It's called separating your WANTS from your NEEDS.

I don't think that society should capitalize off the desperation of others but at the same time no one held a gun to anyone's head. I am in banking and I can't tell you how many times I've tried to dissuade people from getting that boat, motorcycle, atv, or third car but they insist and they qualify - so by the letter of the law, I am bound to do it; the outcome inevitably becomes someone lost a job etc. Well guess what, if you can't pay cash for something, odds are you truly can't afford it and can live without it. I do every day.

Dear Wine and Cheese,

I have only had a few spare hours to do research, as probably you do, and this is why lawyers work to interpret Federal Court Statutes for us. Most of what follows is public information anyway, but this is my response to your moral judgment against the disabled and poverty-stricken people AIG/AGF is water-boarding through a misinformed abuse of the American Justice System: Stuff and Nonsense !Dear Wine and Cheese : I have done my research now, and my answer to you is as follows

Stuff and Nonsense !!

Granted, the Fed did pay 313.4 billion dollars in public aid, the same of public which saved your ancestors. Against this figure we find that AIG got “only” 180 billion dollars of American’s hard-earned tax dollars, a little more than half, yet this seems fair to me because AIG only employs 116, 000 people. Of the 13.2 MILLION unemployed in this country, 7.4 MILLION RECEIVE NO BENEFITS AT ALL. It would seem predatory loans would be a favor to these, but think again of how your insane balloon payments force them into sickness AND DEATH. What "assets' are you going after when you sue a 100% disabled person ? Again, I leave that to the attorneys.

One such attorney was Attorney General Cuomo who just last March received a 1.6 billion dollar settlement from bigger-fish AIG for an insurance fraud investigation ongoing since 2004. And I would not want to engander the ONGOING FBI investigation against several mortgage loaning bodies at this time.

It is good advice to pay only cash, and I appreciate your sympathy for the poor who are not to blame for the naive ignorance and misplaced trust in minor-league predatory lenders who have been trained to falsely advertise themselves as "your friend"

I wonder how many of your colleagues feel this way instead The whole industry is built on intimidation. Intimidation of customers, intimidation of employees, and on and on. The whole system was basically designed so that REGARDLESS of your performance or anything else, they could hammer you. If you put loans on the books, it either wasn't enough or they're sloppy. If you didn't put loans on the books you were an incompetent boob. All it was was designed to beat you down to the point where you'd just slog into work everyday and do their bidding.

I was flat out lied to by not one, but two district managers on numerous occasions. The freaking DO in the Northeast was kicked out of the Chicago Police Department back in the 70s. IN THE 70S!! So my word against theirs? Any day of the week... Get the case in a civil court room, you could clean these jerks out.

That of course is assuming they have anything left...

Good luck in your courageous anonymity

Jun 06, 2009

A couple of typos, W and C. I meant to say "endanger" the ongoing FBI investigation of you, oops, I meant them.

After "this way instead" there should be a colon since what follows is a quote from a laid-off AGF employee. Most of their East Coast offices have been shut down. Michigan's next, probably.

Indiana's not saying when this Titanic is finally gonna split in half. And the pr exec for AIG never told us how much 180 billion dollar bailout money went to Asian banks. Guess she's got a lot more to worry about than just a Federal Class action.

Jun 06, 2009

She also has to worry about all the combat veterans AIG/AGF is literally bleeding to death.

So, in conclusion, Vinegar and Mold, if your conscience is bothering you, as it should be, why not QUIT YOUR JOB ?

• Lo
      Jun 15, 2009

CONFIRMED! These predatory liars led me through 6 months of "morgage adjustment" pondering only to find that they are completely full of it and have nothing to offer. They have no interest in assisting consumers to get more proper loans, as directed by President Obama- rather they have stepped up thier exhorbinant and preditory interest and tightened up thier already un-acceptable level of scrutiny.
    These peopel are liars, cheats and thieves- I can't wait to see them crumble.
    -Victimized in AZ

• Mi
      Jun 24, 2009

I'm a victim AGF fraud. I'm currently fighting off foreclosure with one of the seriver group thatclaim they bought my mortgage from Wilmington Financial Inc., which in turn was an underwriting company for AGF. THEY'VE SHUT THERE DOORS. Can someone please contact me for assistance ?

Regards, Skip Ponder

• Me
      Jun 25, 2009

Vinegar and Mold LMFAO good one Paul Giaimo

I am a victim too. Recent job loss, and my loan was with another lender AGF bought it. They have been to my door. Not a mortgage loan, just a personal loan.

Jul 18, 2009

UPDATE: There appears to be a settlement in the works. At least that may turn down the heat on us for awhile, but once again, that is not to say all is well. I fail to understand why this is allowed to go on despite efforts from the government, both Obama and here in Illinois the AG. It appears as though many of us are being affected. This Fall anyway something needs to happen !

Jul 18, 2009

Once again, how much of AIG/AGF's money goes overseas into foreign coffers ?

No Answer ?

• Jw
      Jul 18, 2009

i have a loan with American General i tried to do a loan modification in Febuary 2009 only to be told i could not do it. I as made the mistake and told them that i was ill. Never ever tell them you are sick PERIOD! They came at me like a swarm. i was only 2 month behind when they started foreclosure against me. I am in the process of filing chapter 13 so not to loose my house.

• Bo
      Jul 23, 2009

How about all you cry babies pay your bills. No one signed the documents for you. Pay your bill and don't whine when someone calls you or comes to your door for a payment. If you don't contact your creditor "yourself" and you stop paying. Do you think that they won't call you or find you to collect payments?

• Bb
      Jul 28, 2009

I have a question for anyone going through AGF right now. I am 2 months behind payment and I received a letter basicly stating" I have 2 weeks to become current or that they will begin to collect the collateral listed. My car was posted as collateral. Then in small print it states "if you object to our right to take possession of the collateral you may demand that we proceed in court by notifying us in writing.

Since I do not have the cash to become current, would it be in my best interest to proceed in court? They keep calling and basically tell me that if I take out additional loans they will allow me 2 months interest free to get caught up. I never want to deal with AGF again, so additional loans are not the answer for me. Any advice?

• Sl
      Aug 26, 2009

American General hold the mortgage to my home. I started out with a 600.00 house payment, now it is 1100.00. With every promotion a manager would call, telling me that I could get a better interest rate on the mortgage, lowing the payment. At the closing, the contact wasn't explained, the interest rate went up, and the mortgage went from FHA to CONVENTIONAL. I thought the mortgage I signed was a FHA loans, until the statement came. It stated that my new loan was conventional loan for thirty years and not a twenty year loan, that I asked for, also a adjustable rate, not fix. American General is a sham, and government should shut them down, and help American regain their respect.I am two months behind on the mortgage going into the third month. If there is anyone out their, that can help, please contact me.

Please help
    slap in the face

• Ti
      Sep 02, 2009

Who can I write to get American General looked into? They call me and make arragements and always show up when I tell them. But this guy that works keeps calling and yelling at me. basically telling me that i don't because that's not what he has in his notes on my account. Can I ask for copy of my notes? Because I do come in and pay. Oh he has a problem with me because I drop them in the night door drop and don't come in. Gee my payment is still there right? I then have to ask three time if I can talk and explain he tells me I can talk when I call him.. This is getting old... Does anyone have the number to their corp office? He also won't give me that number and says I have to speak with him. Any help or advice would be great and very much welcome. Thank you!

• Ca
      Sep 16, 2009

American general is awful!!! We are in the midst of a bankruptcy due to a disability (long story) anyway...amer. general collectors began calling- I was told by my attorney to give them the info. (re the bankruptcy) which i did- I was then told by this "woman" (I use that term very loosely) that she did not want the info. nor would she listen to it- She then proceeded to tell me (verbatim) that "they would pull an 'asset report' then "garnish wages or take assets as they saw fit" sorry but i happen to know this is not how it works- its also illegal to even say that- I did record it..however, because they work for amer. general can they continue with illegal collection practice? Something has to give here...the illegal loan is another story...
    help!!!

• De
      Dec 02, 2009

They repossessed my car because I fell behind in my payments...

[protected]@yahoo.com

• Is it me or are the majority of these complaints by people who are Delinquent on their loans? It doesn't seem that there are many complaints from people who pay on time each month? Either way, if there are complaints regarding specific individuals within a branch, wouldn't it be wise to contact the headquarters of American General? I'm sure they would love to know who was breaking a law (if, in fact, they are/were). Believe me, no company, especially in today's volatile market, wants to have an employee or group of employees that are subjecting the company to expensive legal actions. The company can't do everything on its own. The individual consumer needs to take it upon themselves to file complaints over the "heads" of those that are mis-treating. It seems this would be more beneficial than to make a complaint and a "cry for help" on a somewhat nameless website. Just my thoughts...

I agree with a comment above. Nobody held a gun to peoples heads while signing the paperwork. You were given the paperwork, you signed the paperwork with an understanding of the loan. If you did not, or did not feel comfortable signing, then the process should have been stopped. As a company, American General represents the loan documents according to the guidelines outline in TILA (Truth in Lending Act) which require loans to be printed and explained in a uniform manner. If an individual within the company does not present these documents accordingly, or they seem to be confusing, then YOU, the consumer, must take it upon yourself to demand more information before you sign and accept the check.

The "woe is me" routine is old. Take responsibility for you actions, whatever they may be, and adhere to your obligations. I do know this, American General and like companies will work with the consumer to set a pmt agreement outside of the original loan terms if, and ONLY IF, the consumer comes to the lender and requests help. These lenders want the same thing you do...to be repaid per the agreement. Would you not be upset if you were lending money out and these individuals did not repay you?

Finally, remember that these "bad people" are just like you and I. It's a job, it's their job. They may not enjoy it, but it is putting food on the table and a roof over their heads, their family's heads. Civil, responsible people generally tend to get a reaction that is suitable. May not be perfect, but there needs to be a compromise. Does any of this seem completely wrong?

Recap:
    -Someone representing a company inappropriately should be reported to the company. Let them police their own. Trust me, they will!
    -Be responsible, repay your obligations.
    -Be up front with your lender, you may find a satisfactory outcome.
    -These "bad people" are just average citizens trying to make a living. Do you really think they "love" calling people to collect?

Just an average American's thoughts. I firmly believe that you should uphold your obligations. If something happens that prevents me from repaying these obligations, I will do whatever I can, including swallowing my pride, to make sure that I meet the original terms. These people (any lender) were there for me when I needed them. They took a chance and helped me. Why shouldn't I try to repay them? Isn't that only right?????

• Paul --your an idiot ...You can call as many times as you want and leave a message once. Get it right. Second the former employee who started this complaint must have been fired for stealing or poor performance and is mad at the company. This is the best company I have worked for and ever will. We do not rip people off. Consumers make a request and we do what we can to meet the request. Next, AGF did not get a penny from AIG bail out b/c they are extremely profitable even w/ possible large losses the past few years. They do not REQUIRE credit insurance, there are millions of signs in office stating such. Also, you CAN NOT say that your vehicle is for work, etc and it can't be repo'd. That is ridiculous. If you don't pay your bill, any company will take THEIR collateral (Mtg/Auto).

As I read further, Paul is a [censor]. Also, no one in the company changes terms of loans w/o refinance and consent. That is ridiculous. Also any company who has a lien and owns the property on a MTG can deny anything. Short Sales are only ways around foreclosure process and are NOT guaranteed. Again, ignorant.

Ok, also if your waiting for our immature child, idiot president to bail you out of your past due bills or behind mortgage payment, why not look in the mirror and blame yourself (Again all bankers process the request, they didn't come up w/ it) and the liberals who caused this problem. I do know and no argument w/ change the facts.

The other thing is...everyone on here complaining is Past Due or was in the past. Take responsibility for yourself. AGF will be around through all of Obama's plans to demise the country, they are that strong. Banks won't lend out money, so be glad someone is.

• Rb
      Aug 02, 2010

Calm down people. We are all in some sort of financial Sh**thole. Just research, and contact an attorney. This blog is a network of people who may or may not have had the same sort of problems. Why fight? It doesn't make any sence. Just have some cheese and wine, and at the end of the day, get over it, because corporations will always win.

Feb 09, 2011

I bought windows and they were financed by AG. I fell behind for 2 months and they served me with court papers to put a judgement against me. Well I didnt want this to happen, so they told me to pay what my 2 mos owed, which was approx $400. and they wanted it in cash. I paid it, got a receipt, and I have been on time ever since. Well I just found out that I have a 'Judgement' against me since 10/31/2010. How can this be since as of the court date and ever since, I have been on time and have no back payments owed??? I am wondering if I can take them to small claims court or should this be part of a class action???

• Ta
      Feb 25, 2011

I am looking to get into a law suit against AGF and/or AGI Please?? I also am a disabled victim. I have received money due to damage to my heart. I have been off work since 97 disabled from neck to my toes. I was in a wheelchair, walker, & cane My husband and I had my DREAM home built and paid CASH $300, 000 we got blue prints and we designed it the way I wanted it. We have 3 children and one went to J. College, another went straight to ATM University, and the 3rd modeling class, massage school. Plus we had to have a vehicle that I could ride in, ect, ect, ect. Well we had many loans thru AGF with no problem except afew rude phone calls. So, we had to take a loan out against the house. My husband makes good money as a truck driver. Our file was transferred when we moved into the house, without anyone calling to let us know . The manager at the time was very nice but soon after we closed on the financing the house AGF got a new manager. I went in one day to make half of a payment. Well the new manager from the very back of the office started yelling at me about my payments and such. I got mad and told him to come to the front then proceeded to tell him don't ever yell from the back of the office about my account, if he wanted to talk for him to get his [censor] up and come to the front or at least call me to his desk. Anyway we were a month and half behind and they were calling several times a DAY!!! Being very rude and leaving nasty messages. I got online to see about getting help. . My husbands job had slowed down and he was doing everything he could to get everything paid. But that wasn't good enough for them (AGF ) they called saying they were foreclosing our house. We hired one law office to get our house payments lowered but it seemed that they were not doing anything so we hired another so called lawyer to help. In the meantime AGF was still calling harassing us and saying they were foreclosing. While the so called lawyers were working AGF was driving to the courthouse and filing foreclosure papers and not telling us until we get a letter saying we had to be out by Dec. 2 Auction at 10 am. They wouldn't help us at all !! Didn't even care they were throwing out a disabled person from her home. When we received the papers about the auction we called them and this one guy just kept saying that house is mine and admitted that they were not returning the lawyers phone calls on purpose that it was a game for them and laugh in my ear about it. Then the house sat empty for a year, there was a realtor sign in the yard so I looked up to see what they were trying to sell it for and it was selling it for $295, 000 and we only owed $265, 000 on it. So I don't know how to find out what it sold for. For credit purpose, so they can't come back and say we owe $$$. We did everything in our power to keep it, garage sells, sold husbands motorcycle that was given to him, his Camaro. That's another thing he put it online for sale and them pushing us he took the reserve off and it sold for $6, 500. That was his birthday present when I got my money. It was midnight blue 2000 t top, it was precious. The very next day we got the papers about the foreclosure and auction.Like I said we sold and did what we had to and AGF was playing a GAME!! The 2 lawyers said they could help because of the bail out!!! But they were almost as bad as AGF and AIG. So if we can get into the lawsuit please email me or call me [protected] or if anyone knows where I need to go to get into a lawsuit I would very much appreciate the help. That was my DREAM HOME and that just took it with no care in the world.

• Ro
      Apr 13, 2019

I am being ripped off by them right this moment as they are trying to take the house I grew up in for 67 years. Please contact Ron at [protected]..r.[protected]@lycos.com if there is any help out there. I NEED HELP NOW.