American Flyers / Fraudulent activity

I was a student at American Flyers working on a private pilot license, after my first solo flight I asked for a refund of my unused training funds because I moved away from this school location. I repeatedly called the school asking for a refund of my unused training funds, the School Manager kept telling me he would send a check. I gave up after a year of trying, this school ripped me off and didn't seem to care that I had funds coming to me and they had promised to send a check that never arrived.

Ro

Comments

• Sk
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Check any "contract" that you have with the flight school. Nearly all flight schools refer to their time as "block time." You must be fully aware that some flight schools do not refund any un-used flight time. Always, always, always ask for their policies in writing. This policy varies from flight school to flight school.

If someone like a manager or an "officer" of the company informs you that they will send a check to you...get their name and inquire about the time to "cut" the check.

Should someone inform you that a check will be sent, you must follow up and make sure the promise will be kept.

If you have to go to court, make sure you have all your documentation including any "contract" and written policy documents. If nothing is in writing, you only have a miniscule change of winning.

Best of luck.