AllianceOne

6565 Kimball Dr.
Gig Harbor, Washington
Phone: 253-620-2222
allianceoneinc.com
The fact that King County & the City of Seattle continues to contract with a business as sleazy and unethical as Alliance One, despite that fact that MANY people have complained to the state attorney general, is nothing short of astounding. I would also include 'unorganized' as a descriptive word for Alliance One, but that would imply that their horrible record keeping and payment reporting is a mistake, rather than the intentional rip-off that it most likely is.

Because Seattle & King County assign unpaid traffic and parking tickets to Alliance One, people who need to renew their vehicle tabs or drivers licenses are told which tickets still show as 'unpaid' according to Alliance One, and that they will need to clear those up and provide proof of payment or 'adjudication' before they can renew their license or tabs. The problem is this... Alliance One simply does NOT record or report those payments!! I have had several tickets that I paid, got the adjudication for, and then had DMV subsequently tell me (sometimes 10 - 18 months later) that those same tickets are still 'unpaid' according to Alliance One. It seems that this is an obvious effort to get some people who don't keep their payment records or receipts for that long, or who may have lost track of them after such a long period of time, to pay for the same tickets more than once.

That being said, I can tell you first hand that this is a maddening process, and actually forced me to include several tickets (that I must pay back 100% of) in a bankruptcy that Alliance One is now being paid TWICE for hundreds of dollars that I have already paid!!

Since Alliance One does not need to attract or retain consumers as customers, they literally operate as if they are above the law, which in reality they are, being in bed with government entities that continue to feed them millions of dollars worth of business without requiring them to maintain any standard of ethics or good business practices.

Shame on the City of Seattle and King County for partnering with Alliance One in financially bludgeoning their own tax paying citizens in a combined effort that amounts to nothing short of organized crime.
Complaint comments Comments (20) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

N  26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am also surprised that a classy city like Seattle and a fairly decent county like King stoop to using Alliance Once as their debt collector.
N  26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
You may also try using Scam Search to find other competitors of their business. Let's be aware and be alert during these bad times. It's crisis so people are doing some suspicious things.
N  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
These 'debt collectors' (and I use the term loosely) are scam artists. Not only that, but they are IGNORANT. I had cancer a few years back and was unable to pay all of my bills. I declared bankruptcy, and was informed to not make any payments on my accounts until the bky was discharged. So, upon the FIRST contact with Alliance One after my bky, they indicated that they were going to start garnishing my wages. They never delivered paperwork to me indicating such, and in fact, when I called them up, I was told that 'Well THIS is your notification' by Mr. Eagan. Mr. Eegan was rude, and essentially said the SAME thing to me... 'Well, i guess this should teach you your lesson huh?'

Well, since he was very threatening to me, I began making payments EVERY SINGLE week. Sometimes $200, sometimes $100 and at the very LEAST I gave them $40 a week to show that I was committed to making payments. I made payments for well over 2 months before I FINALLY got paperwork to garnish my wages, which indicates to me that they set me up to be garnished DURING the time I was still making payments. I agree that most of the people that work there haven't been there a long time (I heard that they have a huge turnover, pay bad, and are unethical) but the ones who have, stand behind the malicious, rude, and unethical practices of this company. I fully intend to file a complaint with the better business bureau and encourage anyone else with problems with them to do so as well. As far as 'Mr. Eagan' - I believe his name was Jim or John...I hope he goes to sleep at night feeling good about being such an evil person and knowing how many people hate him.
A  18th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I had a traffic ticket that I had to pay through Alliance One-Gig Harbor. I received a letter from DOL stating my License was going to be suspended on 1/1/2010. I paid the Debt off 12/17/2009. They still suspended my license after I paid it and will not get relief. I sent them an administrative letter with an opportunity to cure, they had 3 days to cure now I am sending a letter of fault and then soon to be default. I will be putting a commercial lien on them if they don't straighten up their act. I am appalled by their behavior. They said that my check had to be held for 14 days as their policy. I told them that it takes 3 business days for their Bank to go to the Federal Reserve Window to get their books offset and to their account. I even gave them a copy of my cashed check that went through my bank. And further told them their policy is not law and law supersedes their policy. They were not happy, with my fact but it will all go into an Affidavit...
N  11th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I paid off my obligation to this company via the phone. They claimed they sent a reciept via us postal mail but I never got it, I had explained I needed it in a timely manner as proof we had met our obligation. They REFUSED to send anything electronically. Other creditors we had settled with had no problem helping us.
It's no wonder people avoid paying thier debts with this company. Not only do the employees at this company make you feel like you are ###, they are unwilling to HELP you once you have met your obligation.
A  4th of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I've given this company thousands of dollars for unpaid parking tickets in the past. The cops target my school because its a private art school and they think everyone that goes here is rich. They get us while our meters expire while we are in class. I'm paying for my own education with grants and scholarships and have, literally, no extra money. So when my parking tickets went unpaid, they were sent to Alliance One. Nobody from this company ever called me, I never received a letter from Alliance One. Nothing. I then went to pay rent this month and found out Alliance One had taken out a legal hold on my funds in my personal back account for almost a 1000 dollars (for 8 parking tickets). How can a company go to a judge without me even knowing and then find out what my bank account is and then just take the money???? With no notice?? Leaving me without money for rent or food for the rest of the month. I also now realize they are trashing my credit. Over Parking Tickets. I called them and they said there is nothing I can do. They gave me the name and extension of the person that was handling my account with them and I had never, ever heard their name nor heard from them before. No calling me to let me know I had a debt with them - not even a letter from them? Nothing warning me that legal action would be taken? I told them they were worse then organized crime and inquired as to when someone would be by to break both my knee caps and make me a pair of cement boots? They weren't amused. I will call again when I'm less upset to try to get them to remove the transactions from my credit report, as I know they can do this, but I will say this: They are a cut throat business and if you find out you owe them money pay them as fast as you can. Its a corporate world and they will win.
N  24th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Don't get tickets you [censor]s.
N  24th of May, 2010 by    -2 Votes
Also, you are all whining and crying because you are not responsible enough to take care of your own business on your own, you want someone else to do it for you. Plain and simple, you were babied, you don't know how to run your own life and scary enough is I would wager a bet that some of you are parents passing on your lack luster take on life to your offspring. Next time you feed the meter, give a dollar extra, you're in the big city now, not a one stop country general store and traffic infractions, you either have to be illiterate to to not be able to make heads or tales of speed signs, and obvious other forms of traffic control signage.

Sincerely yours,
HaterGunnaHate
A  6th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have had the same issue, and to the guy above you should probably just shut-up because you don't know what you're talking about. These people are HORRIBLE!!! I got garnished for tickets from when I was a TEENAGER that I didn't even realize I owed on and were not on my credit report. I asked why they wouldn't have just called or let me know that I owed and they said that they called me once, in 2005... 4 years ago?!?! REALLY?!?! ONE CALL?!?! They said that it wasn't their job to call me. REALLY?!?! Actually, as a collection agency I would think that is definitely their job. I told them that I would be happy to pay $500 per month but that was all I could do and I would have been happy to pay them if I had even know that I owed them money. They said they already have my money so why would they try to work with me. The manager told me that he didn't care if I could eat or pay rent or anything, it wasn't his problem. It was right before Christmas and I had just been laid off from my job because we closed all of our offices around the country. It was a nightmare!!! Itt was $3, 300 and supposedly paid ALL of my tickets that I knew of and they even sent me a confirmation letter of ZERO balance. I never heard from them again and was VERY relieved. Not a call, not a letter, not an e-mail. Then... A year and a half later with no notice at all they zapped my bank account for $3, 500. They told me when I called that they didn't need to notify me. It had been earning interest and fees that whole time. I mentioned the letter I recieved saying that I owed them $0 and my balance was paid in full and they said that was a different ticket. I asked again why they wouldn't have atleast called or sent a letter to let me know. Also, why wouldn't they have mentioned that before? Why would they garnish for only one ticket if I owed more? It doesn't make any sense. I think they just do it because they can. They can ruin your life, take your license, and you feel like there is nothing you can do about it. I even tried to take them to court, which would have been easier if they hadn't taken all of my money. I listened to all of the other people desperate for some relief. A man who was about to lose his home because they took $10, 000 and he was the sole provider for his wife and kids. They took every penny he had with no notice and the family couldn't pay their mortgage or buy food. Why would they do that? I'm an honest person and he seemed to be too. We would have gladly arranged payments. Why ruin someone's life like that?

I really honestly think we need to band together and file a class-action lawsuit and put this to an end forever. Not for us, I am so careful about paying tickets as soon as I get them now that it is ridiculous. We need action to recoup fees and interest that were wrongly charged, and to make sure that others don't have to go through what we went through!
N  31st of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I had a DUI some years ago and was convicted last year at the Kirkland, WA court. Yes, I know stupid thing. Court ordered $2, 525 in fines and penalties. As I am on a limited excess income with kids and mortgage, I was unable to pay everything up front. Kirkland, WA contracts with AllianceOne to make payment plans. I started off fine but December came around and I did not get a paycheck. I was unable to make the December payment to AllianceOne. In January, I did get a paycheck and sent them $500 (5x my normal payment after one missed payment). I get a letter shortly after from AllianceOne saying that I have $1, 130.96 in new Interest and Late Fees! No phone call or letter from them indicating this might happen. I was just a few days over 1 month late on the payment. The late fees and interest are 50% of the total amount owed to them.

Is it just me or does it seem like a conflict of interest having a company that does collections also handle payment arrangements for the courts? I also received a letter around the same time as the Late Fee/Interest notification that my license was going to be suspended because this item had been placed in collections. So if I do not pay their exorbitant fees, I will loose my drivers license. These guys really have me bent over.

I do not know if there is any recourse for the Fees/Penalties. I am writing to the Kirkland court to see what they can do to remove from collections but do not have too much hope.

I could understand $30 to as much as maybe $100 in late fees for this. But $1, 130.96? Really? This is just wrong...
A  22nd of Feb, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I have 6 accounts listed negative from Alliance One on my credit report, which is degrading my credit score to the point where it is difficult to rent an apartment - I'm sure getting a mortage would be impossible - this is despite having an almost perfect credit record for 20+ years (1 payment late by 5 days due to a check-free error). Many of the accounts list the same date, and I'm quite sure these tickets were paid TWICE. I never got a single phone call or mailing from Alliance One for several of these tickets - all parking tickets for expired meters - all under $40. This is terrorism by the city to intimidate people for small amounts. Also - ALL these negative accounts are on my wife's credit report as well, even though the vehicle is in my name and all tickets sent to me.
N  2nd of May, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Well ###!!! Dont ###ING USE A CREDIT CARD IF YOU CAN'T PAY FOR IT. IF YOU DIDN'T ### UP IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE RECEIVED A CALL!!!
A  14th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just found out that I owe like $5000- worth of traffic fines that I have already paid as well and that Alliance obviously kept no records of. Its been a few years now and I don't know if I still have any of those receipts or the adjudication paperwork left. So what now? Anyone have any suggestions for me? I should not have to pay for this twice, plus with all the extras they have now tacked on, I don't know what to do? HELP...
N  16th of Apr, 2012 by    +2 Votes
Thanks for the heads up folks. I just got done calling Alliance this morning and was going to pay by debit card tommorrow after I deposit a check into my bank account today. Now that I'm aware of this info, I think I'll send a money order to them by certified mail snail mail(return receipt)or take some other steps to make sure my bases get covered. Everything sounded kind of fishy to me when I talked with them on the phone and I'm glad my gut told me to run this check on them first.
A  18th of Apr, 2012 by    +2 Votes
Rick W. I hope you check this website before you pay Alliance One. I do not recommend paying any other way then in person. Get a receipt in hand and ask every question! I have been trying to get my tickets paid off and every time I call their "customer service" line, the representative tells me I owe a different amount. I have gone in person to pay this debt every month and I get a print out every time I do. The last time I called in (today) I was told that I owed $1, 354, but the receipt I received from my last payment in person, says $700. Keep every receipt and do everything you can to keep them honest!
A  1st of Jun, 2012 by    +2 Votes
I am a month behind on a ticket payment ... without a phone call or a letter, they garnished my account for more than a month's worth of a ticket payment. I had moved, all they had to do was call or email. They did neither. If there is a petition out there, I want to sign it. This is bad business and Whatcom County shouldn't be doing business with them either.
A  7th of Feb, 2013 by    +2 Votes
Alliance One calls my home daily on a debt for someone that just happens to have the same surname as ours. It is the most common Chinese surname around. We have asked they to stop, we have filed complaints with the DNC and still they harass us. What a sleazy operation.
A  23rd of Jul, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I want ot pay using my mother's credit card...my name is on the card, as well. We have different addresses so even though the card technically is in my name, the addresses don't match. My mother gave my the numbers and I could turn around and spend thousands on E-bay or Amazon without so much as a stutter...but, to pay my tickets...omfg...they need everything BUT a stool sample. All parking tickets. Have to pay them to get the Tabs I have already paid for. I am not driving, and I get a ticket on my parked car for NO TABS...another $47.00. I have NEVER gotten a ticket for no tabs like that. WTF is wrong with Seattle Parking Enforcement?
A  17th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
THE best thing to do is file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov) and with your State Attorney Generals Office (www.naag.org). Consumers have rights afforded to them by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, better known as the FDCPA. Collector don't want consumers to know this! Stand up against abusive debt collectors and exercise your rights!

We all need to submit a complaint against them with the FTC so they will be investigated. I don't trust the WA state AG's office
N  6th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am going through hell right now because of this Alliance. Not only did they garnish my wages without so much as a phone call I didn't find out about it until I went to work and checked my company email and found a letter from Payroll informing me my wages had been garnished. I belong to a Union and the contract with my company does not allow for wage garnishing. They dismiss the employee. Will someone who knows how initiate a Lawsuit that all of us can as a group file against this company? Just show me where to sign. This dirty low down company needs to be knocked off their pedastal.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree