Airheads Oxygen Bar / False advertising

False Advertising and not delivering the product represented.
On June 27th 2007, there was a Bizbash Event Style Show in Los Angeles where various businesses were presenting their products to Event Planners. There were 2 oxygen bar vendors, Oxygen Party Bar and Airheads Oxygen Bars.
Oxygen Party Bar is my business which is a family owned business. Airheads is out of Florida and one of the larger oxygen bar business in America.
As an oxygen bar owner with 4 years experience, I consider myself an expert in knowing how they work. When I visited the Airheads Oxygen Bar, they told me they were getting about 75% oxygen at 12 liters per minute from their oxygen concentrators. I asked where their oxygen concentrators were and they showed me 2 shoe box size boxes that were fish tank air pumps, not oxygen concentrators. Oxygen concentrators are about 27 inches tall and weigh about 35 lbs.
They also claimed they can serve oxygen to 12 different customers at once. Concentrators capable of delivering that amount of oxygen to 12 stations concurrently would be about the size of a Volkswagen.
I returned to my oxygen bar and retrieved a meter I have that measures the percentage of oxygen present. I recorded 19.9% oxygen in the room and my oxygen bar was delivering 75 to 85 percent oxygen depending upon the current usage.
I went to the Airheads Oxygen Bar and connected to their oxygen line and recorded 18.5% oxygen, less than what was present in the room. Apparently their equipment is consuming some oxygen. When they discovered what I was doing the told me to leave. They made no attempt to prove me wrong.
These tests and observations confirm that Airheads is misleading customers and selling aroma scented air and presenting it as aroma scented oxygen. This is false advertising and possibly fraud. Their web sites claim they use oxygen concentrators, but in fact they substitute air pumps and the customers do not know the difference. I suspect this practice is more common when they travel to events because shipping oxygen concentrators can be expensive and the air pumps can be fit into a small suitcase.
Customers walk away claiming they can not notice any difference, which is true. With a true oxygen bar session, customers will notice a pick up in energy and relief from stress and fatigue, among other benefits.
When hiring an oxygen bar for your event, beware of any vendor that claims they can serve oxygen to 12 people at once.
At Oxygen Party Bar we use 2 oxygen concentrators to provide up to 95% oxygen to 4 oxygen dispensers. To dispense oxygen to more people, we need to add one more oxygen concentrator for each pair of oxygen dispenser stations.

When visiting any oxygen bar, ask to see their oxygen concentrator and expect to see a suitcase size unit with a flow meter to calibrate the oxygen flow.

Za

Comments

• Ai
      9th of Sep, 2009

As one of the primaries of Airheads Oxygen Bars, I find this complaint to be very distressing for many reasons. This 'story' is just that, a fairy tale and a manifestation from a so-called competitor who just can't accept the fact that his "mom and pop" company cannot compete with Airheads Oxygen Bars in his own backyard. I was present at the show and this so called ‘complaint’ is just ‘sour grapes’ because the Airheads booth at the BizBash show in 2007 was 5 times as busy as the Oxygen Party Bar booth. It’s not our fault that we just came off more professionally than they did. You have to ask yourself this question: If Airheads was not administering Oxygen, why would we even allow ANYONE to hook a machine up to our system to measure it? Why is this person sounding off on this more than two years after this situation allegedly took place?

Here are the facts: Oxygen Party Bars owns antiquated equipment that can only service 4 people at a time, Airheads’ cutting edge equipment can service up to 12 people from the same bar with SMALLER Oxygen Concentrators than the competitors use. We use all-natural essential aromas, Oxygen Party Bar does NOT! Our bottles are glass and easier to keep sterile and clean. Oxygen Party Bar’s bottles are plastic and cannot be sterilized and kept clean. It is not our fault that they chose to purchase their equipment from another manufacturer whose equipment doesn’t have the portability, or the capability of being customized and branded. As the old adage goes, “You get what you pay for…”

It never ceases to amaze me why people in glass houses choose to throw stones. I always knew why our company received calls from dissatisfied Oxygen Party Bar customers, but I didn’t want to air their dirty laundry. Since Oxygen Party bar felt compelled to take a shot at us in an open forum, I feel compelled to do the same, but this time with the truth. I was personally informed by some of Oxygen Party Bar’s former clients that their bartenders do not present well and have little to no personality (I saw this for myself at BizBash two years ago.) They went on to say that these same bartenders were seen taking back and reusing nose hoses from patrons at the bar. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to realize with the recent threats of H1N1 virus, amongst other communicable diseases, this is just unacceptable and dangerous behavior.

So with all the facts now presented, which Oxygen Bar company would YOU believe and which Oxygen Bar company would YOU rather deal with? The answer should be quite clear. The answer is Airheads Oxygen Bars with over 10 years of experience (and one low-life competitor.)

• Fl
      17th of Sep, 2009

Airheads is the worst, cheapest equipment in the industry. Oxygen party bar uses equipment from Oasis Oxygen Bars- in my opinion, the hands down class of the oxygen bar industry. I own equipment from Airheads (yes, I got ripped off)- couldn't afford the Oasis models, but now I realize I would have saved in the long run. Oh well.. just for the record..I believe Oxygen party bar in this one!! This opinion is coming from experience...a bad one!

• Ai
      25th of Sep, 2009

ZacO74 & Flim Flammed, AKA Herb Halling of Oxygen Bar still feels compelled to bad mouth Airheads Oxygen Bars. Poor Herb, I guess his business needs a breath of fresh air because Airheads is suffocating his... I won't dignify any responses to this thread any longer. Herb, the floor (and thread) is yours! Continue making a fool out of yourself...

• Be
      28th of Sep, 2009

I agree Flim Flammed.. Oasis Oxygen Bars are "Hands Down" the best of best of oxygen equipment out there! Not only are their equipment the best all around but their customer service, which is 24-7 the most amazing! If You ever need anything forspecial events, or it can be added attraction to an existing bar, health club or other business, they are there to assist you whenever! If you're looking for quality, consistency and "hands down" amazing service Oasis is your one stop shop! Check out their website www.oxygenbars.com you won't be dissappointed!

• Ta
      30th of Sep, 2009

I had an Airheads Oxygen Bar and it fell apart. They never returned my phone calls. I replaced it with an Oasis Oxygen Bar. All I can say is Oasis equipment kicks EVERYONE'S ###! Airheads equipment suck! I reported them to the better business bureau.

• Su
      27th of Jan, 2011

Oxygen bar is a place where units of oxygen are sold for recreation. However, inhaling only oxygen would not create eagerness among people. Hence, artificial flavours are added to this oxygen.
    Although oxygen bars claim to be of medicinal use, the rules according to Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic act prohibits inhalation of any substance or gas used for medicinal purposes.