Air Jamaica / Ruined Vacation

1 TN, United States Review updated:

Arrived to check in at Fort Lauderdale Airport at 11:00 pm. was told that we would be flying another airline and that it was leaving at 3:10pm and that the plane we paid to take was late (by approx 15 min only)
I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said our plane that they were placing us on was a direct flight and we would be arriving earlier that the one we paid to take. (Which was not correct because we found that our flight we purchased was only 15 min late and arrived at approx 3:45pm into Montego Bay).
Our Flight finally departed Fort Lauderdale at 5:40 pm (North American Flight # 34) and arrived Montego Bay at 6:55 pm Jamaica time).
Due to the timing of this flight we were forced against our will to take we did not arrive into Negril until 9:45 pm. There were no restaurants open and we were not fed on the delayed flight. (Our plans were to go to Ricks Café that night).
I once again called Air Jamaica to try to speak to someone in customer service and was told that the flight that we had paid extra for to leave in the afternoon was cancelled and that we had to leave early on our departure day (we paid extra to have the afternoon flight) We had to leave at 7:00 am and when we checked in was told that the afternoon flight had not been cancelled that “they must have thought this would have been better because it was a direct flight”. I then went to the customer service desk after finding out that our flights were late departing (did not take off until 1:00 PM) her comment was that we had nothing to complain about because we arrived on the day we were supposed to arrive. What we lost was 2 days of our vacation due to Air Jamaica (not to mention all the hours wasted attempting to have someone listen to our problem.) Even on the plane we were told the movie was going to be “everyone loves Raymond” there was no movie or music on that flight.

I wrote customer relations like they tald me and have yet to hear anything from them. The flight was July 4th. They really don't care.

Comments

• Ju
      1st of Sep, 2008

Try to have a positive outlook in life. Sometimes inconvenient things happen to good people but don't let your negative mood affect your vacation. Planes run late, people are rude and video equipment on flights sometimes don't work. Big Deal! Move on, life's not perfect.

• D
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Jude, you would have to experience air jamaica to understand. This is a daily thing and something must be done! They don't care. They damaged my luggage, took it, sent it to Miami for a replacement, gave me two large plastic bags to carry my luggage around in and promised to have it back to me no later than jult 28, 2008. I have yet to recieve it! What do I get for my trouble, avoidence and lies. To date they are sending my luggage tomorrow, or the next day, or they already sent it (to an unknown address), bottom line: I have yet to receive it. And I'm still getting the runaround.

If everyone who encounter Air Jamaica and the staff tells of thier experience there wouldn't be room enough on the net to accomodate the complaints. And Jude, they do not care.
    I'm hoping I the state attorney general can do something about it, because they do business in the US.