Afni Collections / Harassment!

1 404 brock driveBloomington, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 8042409

I received 3 letters from this so called collection agency. I was a fraud victim in the pass since 1994. I explain to them that I did not open these account with some telephone company back in the 90, I indicated to them that I can proof my address in last 15 years, does not match there records. They harassed me, so I paid for one account, just so I can get them off my back. Now I received another one. Which they told me I could dispute the account by there so called Website, which I thought I did. Now I happen to read the comments from your web site and I am wondering are they fraud as well. I need for some one to help with this, I have been trying to clean up my credit from the pass fraud problem. Now this company is trying to collect something from the las 12years. I NEED TO KNOW IS THIS LEGAL.

Lt

Comments

Ni
  22nd of Apr, 2008

you can collect on a debt as long as it is owed. you cannot place the account to the credit bureaus seven years after the debt is closed. for example serviced opened 04/22/2000 to 04/22/2008 by the acct being closed in 2008 which is one year passed the seven year mark this will not be placed on your credit report. but the debt is still owed because if you didn't pay, that would be stealing service ...wouldn't you think?

Im
  8th of Aug, 2008

Not if the debt isn't yours! And that is exactly the situation in almost all of these cases. I've reported Afni to the BBB and Attorney General in several states. Let's see who wins when an unethical/bogus company tries to extort money from innocent people. Hope you enjoy working for them and that you don't have too much trouble looking at yourself in the mirror each morning.