Aerotek Professional Services / No answer, no follow up

Aerotek Professional Services
1325 Morris Drive Suite 210 Wayne, PA 19087
King of Prussia
Phone: (610) 232-5848
This company never contacts or gets back to you. I have applied for several positions through this agency which is was even over qualified for and never heard from anyone. I contacted the representative who was attached to the position I applied for today and left him a voicemail. Still, I haven't heard anything back from him. How does this agency stay in business? I find this with most of the agencies. It's better to just directly apply through the company instead of applying through an agency. This way you don't have to waste your time interviewing with the agency first and then going on 1-3 more interviews with the actual company you are trying to work for. Aerotek needs to get their act together. Atleast call your applicants to tell them they are qualified or unqualified. That would be the courteous and professional thing to do. Thumbs down to Aerotek!

A  4th of Feb, 2009 by
I have had the same problem with this company. This gentleman from Aerotek, ED BECKER, calls and leaves a message that they have a job for me, and when I call him back, I get his voicemail. We have played phone tag for the past week. He had returned my call, but if I call him back in 2 seconds, he is not available. I also spoke to an associate of his, MR. KIM. This gentleman goes to put me through to MR. BECKER, and apparently MR. BECKER picked up the wrong phone call. MR. KIM asked me if I could call back, since MR. BECKER picked up the wrong line. THESE PEOPLE ARE SO INCOMPETENT. I SHOULD TAKE MR. BECKER'S JOB, FOR I WOULD RETURN PEOPLE'S CALLS WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME!
N  25th of Feb, 2009 by
Aerotek, what a joke..my friend filled out an application with them, called and talk to a Mr Samuel Washington, my friend was giving an interview date and time. My friend shows up for the interview and Mr Washington was not there, they couldn't even find his application on line and made him do another one. Mr Washington has not yet contacted him to apologize or anything..That was so unprofessional and rude of him and the company..
D  25th of Feb, 2009 by
Employment agencies aren't perfect, but sometimes employers really do prefer working with them as a candidate sifter. They are super busy always receiving and returning calls. Sometimes they are available and put someone through to voicemail so that they can get the important facts from the person as efficiently as possible. I assume they are paid by commission. Sometimes they will spend so many hours on a job order that the client ends up filling internally or using another agency. Especially in a bad economy they can have just as tough a time as the people looking for employment. Give them a break. If you think you would do a better job than apply with their supervisors. They do their job that way for a reason. Maybe it works for them. And don't act like phone tag is a brick wall. Entire conversations can be done through messages, just make sure to always answer and ask all questions pertinent.
N  23rd of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Aerotek recruiters are paid based off of performance and the pay is based off of what you the worker gets paid compared to what the company is paying Aerotek. The reason why recruiters might not get back to someone right away is because that person doesn't fit the position they are trying to fill at that time or they might not have an available position for them at that time. Aerotek recruiters are all worked to the bone they put in 60 plus hours a week. They have high demands on them and are trained fairly well. The worse thing is the economy for them because there are so many unemployed people out there the companies become extremely picky on who they hire through an agency if they even hire anyone at all.
A  22nd of Jan, 2010 by
I wasted my time w/two reps from Aerotek. The last one let's just say that we met at a so-called designated location (D & D) to discuss this position. The annual salary was in the mid $20's and it was temp position. I didn't want to waste any more of my time and was polite but firm that I was not interested. By the way I tried to explain via an eariler phone conversation but he insisted that we should have a meeting. All I am going to say is that I wasted my time and gas. But not the Aerotek rep he had gas money. Sorry to ramble but I wouldn't recommended them either.
A  9th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Aerotek and all companies like them - Keepers, Kelly, Addeco, etc. - are not in the business of finding people jobs; rather they're in the business of filling companies' vacant seats. Companies hire them because they lack the human recourses savvy/moxxy/ethics to hire and fire themselves. Typically, companies who use these agencies are human food processors with turnaround rates so high real professionals wouldn't want to work there.

Companies that do attempt to place people's professional skills in good fits are those such as Wright Management, but they only place people as part of severance package agreements - you don't just send them your resume.

Avoid temporary-to-hire agencies like AErotek, Keepers, Kelly and Addeco. They're in the business of exploiting good people.
A  6th of Apr, 2010 by
I actually worked through Aerotek, they said they had a one week assignment. I was a little weary after reading so many complaints about their services and having many issues getting calls returned. I worked my week out for the company I was not sure if I needed to go in the following week. I called my recruiter on both his office phone and cell phone, no one picked up, so I left voicemails, that day and over the next several. I tried to call their "main office" number and what a surprise "it went to voicemail" I left a voicemail asking if I was supposed to work. Later on that day I get a rude phone call and email from Aerotek stating that I should of gone to work even though no one told me, and how its not their job to tell me what days I need to work. So to say the least, Aerotek is a j0ke. They will rarely return phone calls even if you get a job through them. They are very disrespectful and could care less for its employees.