Advanced Dermcare / won’t take responsibility for mistake they made
Before my Dec. 4, 2017 patch testing appointment at Advanced DermCare's ******* office, I called my insurance company to find out how much the procedure would cost me out of pocket. A representative from my insurance company called DermCare and received a code and it it into their "system" to... determine my out-of-pocket cost. The representative told me it would be about $6.90, so I went ahead and got the patch testing done — something I would not have otherwise done if I had known I would wind up being billed $559.98. After receiving the $559.98 bill (statement date Dec. 13, 2017) from DermCare following the procedure, I called my insurance company on Dec. 19. The representative I spoke to said she would look into what happened. She called me back some days later, explaining that the $6.90 amount relayed to me before my Dec. 4 appointment was actually multiplied 81 times ($6.90 x 81) — one time for each individual patch placed on my back for the test. After speaking to the insurance company representative, I called DermCare to fix the matter — and find out why they gave my insurance company only one code when they called to find out how much the test would cost me — because I did, do and will not have money to spend on the testing that was done and I was misinformed — at no fault of my own — about how much it would cost me, and I would not have gotten the test done if I had known the actual out-of-pocket cost. I've been trying to work with DermCare to resolve the matter, but they have been making things extremely difficult for me — despite the fact that one of the people I spoke to there acknowledged that someone at the office gave my insurance company only one code when he or she should have told them to multiply the $6.90 by 81.