Stay away from ACD !! I read this forum before subscribing ACD and the reviews are true. I thought that was old reviews and ACD has changed. IT IS NOT !
This company has a lot of problem and not professional. The reasons are:
(1) They build the system on a junk/cheap network interface. I got 3 Zhone modems and all bad and I replaced it with D-Link. Their system can't sustain 24-hours high data transfer rate for my research from MSU to home, almost everyday I call ACD to reset my connection to restore the speed. It means that the problem is not my modem. They have swap their modem twice and they acknowledge that they have bad interface.
(2) They often stop & go by blocking data flow. I have constant data backup for my research from MSU and my data is huge, 10GB per day and sometimes can reach 30 GB. With 6 mbps contract, I only got 4.8 - 5.2 mbps (600-700 KBytes/sec), it means 1 GB for 20-30 minutes. I don't use sharing network and this connection is strictly secured from 1 server at MSU to home (using SSH). I can see ACD blocking/throttling my transfer because I tested the server is not blocking/slowing when I accessed from other server. At the end, when I terminated my contract, I got only 0.8 Mbps (90 Kbytes/sec) ! This time was my angry time with ACD.
(3) Bad Courtesy. No grace period to clean my email accounts. I did not specified date to terminate but please give a week notice! Finally, after 6 months with them I terminated the contract and because bad service complaints they let me go without penalty. Actually, get rid this bandwidth hog !
(4) My employer is also using ACD and it is a nightmare ! Web service (server) they provided is a junk (no PHP/MySQL). Only for a ### using their service (our IT guy is not really IT, more like data management person). And also is robbing my employer (on invoice $150/month for dedicated server but actually it is not dedicated and web space limitted to 2GB !!). I have told them to quit ACD ! and now is in process transferring to a new server and new look for our web.
(5) Right now, my neighbor is very kind to let me use their Wi-Fi on Comcast, and I get 1.2 MBytes/sec (>10Mbps!) download speed. Next week, I will be on AT&T again ($35/month vs $70+ for Comcast), it is a slow speed deal, only 1.5 Mbps, it means for 24 hrs I will get 11 GB, and it is ok. If I really need data now, I can tap my neighbor or just transfer it while I'm on campus.
Stay away from ACD.net !
ps. Fortunately, I was on customer account web at the time they erased my secondary emails account, right before closing main account I sent FVCK YOU to all ACD support team on my longest complaint (120 threads that subscribed by all). Maybe next mission is to put bumper sticker on my car "FVCK ACD !"