Access Nurses / Horrible service, lie about insurance, cancel insurance with ins. co. so claims don't get paid

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

This company is absolutely horrible1 The lack of concern for their employees is apalling! I worked one assignment at a military facility for Access Nurses. They paid my utility bill late, which was in my name, on arrival to the facility, the OR did not even know I was coming, my contract was never adjusted when they kept pushing back my start date, and I had a major problem with insurance from day 1!!!. Now, since Access Nurses termed their contract with the insurance company early, the ins. co. is not paying claims. I paid for COBRA through Jan. Access cancelled COBRA 1/01/2010. Ins. co. not paying my claims for Dec. because Access abruptly termed their contract. Now Access is supposed to pay the bills. Ha ha. My credit is in jeapordy if these bills go to collections. This company is atrocious. Any travel nurse considering working for this company should really do their research. If you want to have a migraine everyday and increase your risk of a heart attack, then go ahead and sign up! I have many more stories to share, but think I will save them for the media. Good luck nurses! Read the fine print and BE CAREFUL!!!

Ca

Comments

• At
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Obviously you struck a nerve, because the attorney would not have even bothered taking the time to write a letter. I am so glad you are speaking and standing up for what is right. After my experience with Access, I thought that maybe I was going through this for a reason and that it may be a blessing in disguise. I posted a comment on 11-13-09 regarding this company with the hope that I could help someone from potentially making a huge mistake by working for them and to encourage people to share similar experiences in an effort to expose and help reconcile the hurt and damage that this company causes. I know you will not allow them to intimidate you with threatening letters, because we all know that is a scare tactic to get you to relent. We worked very hard to get to where we are today. We have paid our dues and continue to do so. We deserve the same respect and professionalism we give and I will continue to fight for it. I encourage everyone to do the same.

• Ve
      30th of Jun, 2010

Do not use this company! I have accepted a contract with Aya and then resigned from my current position to start travel nursing. Then Aya has pushed back my start date two times, and now wants to not give me housing until the later start date! So they talked me out of a permanent position and now they want to talk me out of my house to live on the street I guess!!!??? I think they have another agenda to try to get me to breach the contract and try to get money from ME!!

• Nu
      24th of Jul, 2010

they lie lie lie, they told me i had a contract at a hospital outside of dallas, i moved to dallas and then the position "magicly" was gone, so they were like "oh we'll have you do per-diem/agency. i'm a traveler not an agency nurse, i don't want to go from hospital to hospital, they have lied about contracts signed, the contract said no weekends, do you think i got even ONE WEEKEND OFF? NO! they pay [censor], the housing stipend is [censor]. they treat you like [censor]. i've worked one assignment with them, and as soon as my 13 weeks are over i'm OUT!