Acaia Slim / Unauthorized Charges

1 WI, United States Review updated:

I also was scammed by this company. Not only did they charge me an additional $79.95 for their "trial offer" but their "partner" company found themselves authorized to charge (and automatically deduct from my account" an additional $29.95. The partner company was easy to get a hold of and get the charges reversed, however, Acaia Slim was not so easy. I finally spoke with a representative today after calling for 2 straight days. I also emailed them several times, to which nobody answered. I was told today that the charge would be reversed, so we will see. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I wish I had found this blog before ordering!!!

Sd

Comments

• Ro
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I signed up for the "risk-free" trial, which only was supposed to cost $4.95 for shipping. I received that in the mail. Then a few weeks later, my card was charged $79.95! I went back and read the "terms and conditions" and it said if I didn't cancel within 14 days after receiving the product (it hadn't been 14 days yet), I would be charged $38.95. I called the 800 number and got no answer, went online to this complaints board and found another number to call and that number got me another number which was bogus! I'm going to cancel my credit card in order to stop the charges since it is OBVIOUS you can't get ahold of a person to tell them you want to cancel. I tried the "gethelp" option, and, of course, it was temporarily out of order. Sure it was! Risk free, should mean risk free - not strings attached and extra unauthorzied and unexpected HEFTY charges. That is most certainly NOT risk free! Cancel my trial. I am cancelling my card, so try to charge me again!

9th of Dec, 2008
    Acaia Slim - False advertisement
    Acaia Slim
    New York
    kargas4yanks@yahoo.com

STAY AWAY FROM ACAIA SLIM!!! It is a scam to get $79.95 from you, and the kicker is Oprah endorsed this product. Oprah should be a little more careful when backing a product. I'm sure she would be happy to know her fans were scammed out of 79.95

• Cy
      10th of Dec, 2008

scamed me out 79.95 for atrial use.

• Kr
      15th of Dec, 2008
    Acaia Slim - Unauthorized charge to card
    Acaia Slim

I ordered a trial of this product and the very same day went on their website and cancelled my order. I have not received any products and now I have been charged $79.95 to my account. It is now 10 days until Christmas and I have to go to the bank and cancel my card, It takes 2 weeks to get a new card.

• Do
      20th of Dec, 2008

Unauthorized charge $84.95

• Co
      22nd of Dec, 2008

I ordered the 14 day FREE supply for $4.95 and was charged for a $79.95 30 day supply and also charged a $19.95 fee to fit-fac.com. When you agree to the $4.95 FREE supply you agree to all these hidden charges. When you call about this they claim this was all in the agreement you checked in order to receive this FREE supply. This company needs to be bankrupted. I intend to lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General office in MA

• De
      5th of Jan, 2009
    Acaia Slim - unauthorized use of credit card
    Deborah Barnett
    Michigan
    dbar192410@aol.com

I ordered trial size of their product for $4.95 and then I was charged $79.95 without my permission and I received only the trial size of their product. I want my account cancelled.

6th of Jan, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. This is truly rediculous. I'm trying today to get the $$ reversed. Hopefully I'll be sucessful.

• Lo
      6th of Jan, 2009

I did not authorize a charge for these products. I only authorized a shipping charge for a free sample of Acaia Slim on 11/20/2008, and on 12/05/2008 and I was never made aware that I must cancel within 14 days. It was only after I started looking into complaining that I saw that condition at all on someone elses complaint.

I NEVER authorized any charge for a free trial of Fit-Factory or any other such product! I had never heard of Fit-Factory before in my life before I found it on my credit card bill. I can't stop that free trial when I never authorized it in the first place. Consider this a stop everything to do with this company and report it since there are so many other complaints by others who have the same complaints.

on 1/06/2008 I called their Customer Service, and after long waits, a recorded message said that their internet was down and to call them back later.

I am reporting this to the Better Buisness Bureau of Minnesota.

Sincerely,

Louisa Cheslock

12th of Jan, 2009

I DID NOT ORDER THIS ITEM, BUT THEY CHARGED IT TO MY CREDIT CARD.

• Do
      13th of Jan, 2009

I ordered and cancelled the free trial along with the $1.95 shipping charge on the same day. At first, the agent said shipping charges are not refundable but I told her it was ordered the same day so she said she would cancel the charge so it won't go through. The charge was not cancelled and it went through anyway so I cancelled my credit card so there won't be anymore charges. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company and they better remove it. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and the attorney general's office.

21st of Jan, 2009

Ok, Acaia Slim and Slim Easy Pro are the same company with the same fradulent management that is stealing from poor soles on the internet. I filed a complaint with AG Office in CA and the DCA Office in CA and neither have an interest, I guess stealing from peoples bank accounts in California is legal.

Please post your complaint on this website and include your email address. You can email me directly with your complaint and I will add you to a list that file a class action lawsuit to end this deception.

You can email me at locklej@yahoo.com. Thanks

24th of Mar, 2009

BEWARE!! I DID THE TRIAL OFFER.. CANCELLED IT AND GUESS WHAT .. NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING ELSE AND STILL GOT CHARGED..

• Al
      21st of Jul, 2009

They offer a free trial but they don't tell you they will debit or charge you for the full amount at a later date.