Ab Circle Pro / unsafe

Ab Circle Pro
The knee pads on the ab circle pro swivels, as it swivels the nut loosens til it comes off and throws you across the room. You my suffer ankle damage buyer beware!

Ab Circle Pro

A  2nd of Jul, 2009 by
Do not buy Abcircle Pro if you have knee problems, that is the focal point of strength to support you besides your neck and shoulders. It does burn your abs; it works as long as you are strong in those areas otherwise it is not as easy as it looks. I am extremely incensed at the company for the telemarketer trying to Up-Sell me for an extra fifteen minutes be it for vitamins or to buy it out right-I refused innumerous times & finally told her if she did not stop pushing her sales pitch I would hang up and not order Abcircle Pro at all!!! So the trial order went through and after I said "no" a million times I did not want vitamins!!; a deduction for $73 for Abcircle Pro vitamins was taken from my bank account (hence vitamins had not arrived-the UPS guy just knocked on my door as I am writing this and I told him what happened and he told me he experienced a similiar situation w/another co. We both agree this is stealing!! he is re-routing package back to co. in Van nuy's as we speak); a long with the second month installment for the equiptment-hence I had already called to cancel the equiptment!! As with most start ups I am sure their is a lack of cash as you have to wait 3 weeks for the product to arive at your door; still they bill you anyway. All I have to say is COME ON why do you have to put me through all of this, and waste my time, I wish I recorded my call to ABcircle Pro to illustrate how annoyed that telemarketer made me feel I would certainly upload it here!-right now! Instead I have to call 3 different people to get the vitamins cancelled then I have to call my bank. These company's need to take a close look at how they are running things, honestly I would of told people that Abcircle Pro was a good product despite the fact it does not work for me due to my knees but because they wasted my time to go through all of this; I am left venting!!
A  18th of Jul, 2009 by
the forst time i saw it i thought, "lawsuit in a box"

the human knee was not made to take your weight.
N  20th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have to agree it works your abbs but you're not going to be able to work out even every other day because youre knees are gonna hurt like crazy. I still have couple more weeks untill i have to make a desicion if i want to keep it, but i don't think so.
N  25th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i'm just about to order it, but i just wanted to check it out first. maybe i'll try the trial offer before i actually buy it buy it. ughhh
A  9th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Just to add my half dollar to these comments. Pure physiological/body science. The knee is not only taking the pressure of your body weight; just analyze BOTH the position and movement.

The position may be on "all fours" (hands and knees) but you are also at an incline to start which means your body weight is NOT being evenly distributed to both hands and both knees; the incline shifts your body weight (depending on the incline as there are 3 positions from low to high but even at the lowest position) more on to your knees than arms and since your mid-section is where we all carry the bulk of the extra weight even at the lowest incline you are taking at least 2/3 of your body weight directly on your knees.

Which leads to the second problem. Now you start the exercise.

What are you doing; you are swinging your body weight left and right on your knees as well. They claim this is low impact because there is no jarring effect like running. That statement is true as far as the fact that you are not running but that's where it ends.

The side to side motion is basically throwing your body weight over your knee joints left and right every time you do the motion. To put it simply, this means your own body weight is moving the insides of your knee joint, cartilage, the lubricating fluid in the knee joint, etc., in a motion it was never designed to do. So your own body weight is going to wear on these areas pretty quickly. Having had multiple knee problems, surgeries, working with doctors, specialists and sports therapists I haven't found one who would back this product. On the contrary, they are the ones who said, "even if your knees were in perfect condition, this is one way to make sure they won't be...and in a very short period of time." One more point that no one has mentioned. I live in an apartment. While they claim that it is quiet it is anything but. Common sense; rollers going back and forth constantly make noise (especially to the people living below you). That was how I first heard about this machine. The neighbor directly above me has one and would use it late at night. I sounds like someone is dragging furniture short distances every time she went back and forth. I spoke to her about it and she was kind enough to do earlier in the evening anyway. Of course if you want to annoy your neighbors...

IMHO, stay away and don't waste your money. If you want to stay off the floor and get both full ab and glute exercise along with cardio go with something like the "Cardio Twister". I have no affiliation with them and do not sell them. They are used in the rehab center at my local hospital (which is where I heard about them - actually not big in to infomercials). I was leery about getting on it but did and it definitely worked. Though NO where as quickly as they claim. I can attest that it is a full body work out but what all these machine makers don't really stress (but my hospital rehab center did) is that it doesn't matter what machine you use, if you don't change your diet you might just as well go back to being a couch potato.

The only down side to the "Cardio Twister" (like I said, I live in an apartment) is that there is nothing portable about it. Frankly, it weighs a ton! It doesn't fold up, won't fit under a bed, has no wheels, won't store in a closet. So while it only costs about $50 more than the Ab Circle, doesn't cause injury and does give both a cardio and resistance work out, make sure you have space for it. It's only about two and a half feet long and wide but like I said, you won't be moving it unless you are either in really good condition already or have a friend around.

While I know people are looking to vent about the Ab Circle, I put in the info (good and bad) about the Cardio Twister since IT seems to accomplish what the Ab Circle claims. Again, it's just anything BUT portable but is an alternative that my hospital uses and you can get at home.
N  25th of Aug, 2009 by
bought the machine, did 600 reps on both positions every morning. had to swing the knee pads upside down to prevent me from literally flying off, which happened several times. SAW NO RESULTS--DO NOT BUY!!!
N  7th of Sep, 2009 by
Just commenting on chances of being thrown across the room. You are dumb. If I am kneeling on something that was secure but becomes loose or unsecure I either tighten it or throw it away. Not be thrown by it.
A  15th of Sep, 2009 by
No need to be nasty and don't worry about your spelling-the only reason that anyone is on here is to get and give their opinions...THAT is what is important to me! I am so grateful that I came onto this site as I already had my credit card information typed in. Then I saw it was $200.00 and figured I had best investigate more. So, in conclusion, thank you for your opinions and I thank you.for your time. Now I just may have to dig around for an alternative machine. Thanks again for your comments. Take care and I hope that your dreams of becoming healthier comes true!
A  19th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i bought ab circle only 4 days. I used it every day for 15 minutes and it hurt my knee alot. The last day was more terrible because when i tried to used 2 comforters that they sent me to help get rid of hurting my knee ( as they said), it made me felt on the machine because the comforters was falling a part . If i want to return, i have to pay for shipping 35 bucks and 25% of the orginal price so that totally I lose 120 buck if I want to return. I'm so stupid . I didn't check it before bought it
N  4th of Oct, 2009 by
the problem is with the right wheel the wheel does not move and has damaged the red surface and the wheel it sefl. i am 4'11" tall and wiegth 140 lb . DO NOT BUY...
A  7th of Oct, 2009 by
Definitely, this is really a BAD invest... not only the knees but also my back is in pain... I live in Canada, so it costs for me a lot... and the machine is of a poor quality. The company should return the money to everyone.. please DO NOT BUY...
N  8th of Nov, 2009 by

abcircle pro - Never Delivered Product
Lubbock, TX

Biggest Ripoff of the year! Ordered the product and waited for delivery. The package came while I was at work. It was sent back and I was charged S & H both ways plus the cost of the unit; and THEN found out the whole thing was a waste, a scam and a fraud.
A  16th of Nov, 2009 by
Do not buy it at all.
Very poor quality.
I bought it from walmart and I kept it just one day.
yes that was enough time to know.
The day after that i take it back .
best advise Do not buy it !!!
A  30th of Nov, 2009 by
A  5th of Dec, 2009 by
I bought my abcircle from ebay for almost half the price. I thought well why pay full price when you can get it for half the price. I wishI had seen this site before buying the machine. Both my knees hurt so much that i can't even swing there for more than 2 mins. Also, both comforters are falling apart from 1st day, the right one is even worse. I am very stupid as I just managed to give away £80.00 to an ebay seller for something I am going to throw away. Furthermore, throwing away for something as bulk will also costs me money.

N  27th of Dec, 2009 by
I think it depens on fisical shape of your body. I'm very fit. I think it's very important to keep your body in a right position and then you don't have too much pressure on your knees. You don't stand on your knee only, you put a have of weight on your shoulders. You have to keep your body streight and that is difficult for beginners!!! If you don't, you stand on your knees and you don't work out, you damage your body. I've got this ABCircle with no return option (I didn't know that) and I think it's too expensive for low results. But it works (for small part of body only) and no knee pain. I found that LEG TRAINER gives more result.
A  31st of Dec, 2009 by
Thanks for all the advise here I was going to make a new resolution for 2010 and highly considering buying the product skipping right over the trail cost. Seems that walking has always been the best form of exercise and its free!
D  6th of Jan, 2010 by
i purchased the abcircle new my son and i used it 5times, in that time one of the knee rollers didnt spin we thought it was the workout until it started to mark the red surface, on inspection we discovered the roller was worn down on one side so inturn wouldnt spin.
I tried to ring customer care in america to get a replacement roller and was told they could ship to Australia so how can they sell them here a total scam for fittness and a waste of 150.00 dont buy
N  7th of Jan, 2010 by
Oh dear, i just ordered mine and it should arrive in a week or so. I live in England. I wonder if it is going to be difficult to return. I have very bad knee problems - should have looked at this site before ordering it. I paid £149 pounds for it.
N  9th of Jan, 2010 by
I just bought the Abcircle from Sears for $199. yesterday and will be returning it today. The first time I used it, it seemed pretty easy and fun. After several little sessions throughout the day, I started feeling my knees burning and also noticed how red they were getting from them scraping on the ever so flimsy knee pads! Definitely not worth the money. I was going to give it a try for at least two weeks to see if there would be any positive results but I don't think my body will be able to take two weeks of torture!!