7-11/ Slupee / broken machine - no slupees

1 3702 Greenville AveDallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-826-0351

I have been trying to buy my children a Slurpee for three days.
Each time I go, the machine is broken.
I have been to two locations in three days.
Each time the manager or clerk states the machine will get fixed.
Today when I spoke to the manager, they wouldn't even give me their name.
I am trying to recreate the memories of my dad taking me for a treat after school, but I can't even do that simple thing because of broken machines, uncaring managers and lack of customer service.
In the city I once lived in, one of the news stations had a consumer advocate who inspected restaurants and convenience stores.
He often found cockroaches, rats and "Slime in the ice machine" (Bacteria).
If the 7-11 stores can't even keep their machines running, I seriously doubt that they are keeping them safe and up to health standards.
I don't want to enjoy a beverage, then die from an illness as a result.
I would like to see the City of Dallas food and beverage inspection for this establishment.

Sincerely,
Al Castillo

Comments

17th of Oct, 2008

The only reason I bother stopping at 7-11 is the hopes of a slurpee. Over half the stores have such crummy managers they dont load the Slurpee machines.

Usually if you have usa raised people running the store they understand the importance of the Slurpee machines, but the imigrant people just leave them off and dont care about them. It is horrible since for me the Slurpee machine is huge major comfort food I cant ever get anymore and its so depressing.

Where can I write to get them to fix this?

17th of Oct, 2008

The 7-11 that doesnt have the Slurpees is in San Diego near my home.

Its store number 18710 at 430 Spruce Street

• St
      22nd of Oct, 2009

The manager of 7-11 has no control over when the slurpee machine gets fixed. They put in a report and have to wait for head office to send out a technician. All the manager can do is continue to call it in. Sometimes it takes as long as 3 days if it's busy or a long weekend.
    Regarding upkeep, the machines are serviced at least twice a year. If it breaks they do a cleaning too. Cleaning the machines is a daily chore (the trays get full and have to be emptied, and graveyard has to wipe it all down)
    You did mention how differently US 7-11's are run. In the States it's franchised so there isn't the inspection control there is in Canada...unfortunately.