3 mobile / Irresponsible customer service

1 England, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

While rang 3 customer service about the delivery of new contract phone ordered they put me through different sections or departments without a proper reply or answer and after about 20 minutes kept on hold the lady answered the phone said the informations i given were wrong and became very rude.
I am an existing customer of 3 since 2005.
All i done was ordered a new phone but at the end i found out that there was nothing registered on their system about the new order i made which was done through phone on a nearly half hour conversation with one of their sales team representative...y did she told me then the phone will deliver in 2 days..y did she done a credit check...then where did she entered all the details...in the air...in her mind...or is it all a joke for them...spending that much time to order a phone...then again to find where the phone...it's so frustrating...its more than depressing...
dar 3 please be more responsible...or please dont allow those female staff to atend phone calls on those days in thier monthly cycle...they r having mood swings...and we r suffering...

Se

Comments

• Cl
      19th of Sep, 2008

I have been trying to change my payment date with 3 for months, but nothing has been done. It seemed impossible to try and explain this to the people on the phone in India, who kept referring me to my handset and 'My3'. In my view it should be a simple admin process to change a payment date. I have to ensure that all my direct debits come out on or close after pay day to avoid bank charges etc. All other companies were fine but 3 seemed to find this impossible. Eventually I complained to the Chief Exec, but this was sent to a satellite office in Glasgow, who are all fairly unskilled in Customer Relations. I persisted until they eventually agreed to cancel my contract as I don't wish to deal with them at all any more. I've been hung up on by the Switchboard at the Maidenhead 'Head Office' about 10 times today, about half of that was just me saying 'I would like to speak to someone else please' as this particular woman would not help. Rather than put me through to someone else she simply hung up at least three times without a word.

I have now complained to Otelo (contacted Ofcom but they seem to be unable to do anything so if you have any probs, contact Otelo who is supposed to help resolve disputes).

I have been in tears this afternoon as I am banging my head off a brick wall with them. And don't get me started on BT!!!

• Gr
      14th of Nov, 2008

I am currently on hold with 3, its been 1 hour 20 minutes so far.
    All i have phoned for is to upgrade my phone when my current contract ends, what could they possibly be doing for 1 hour 21 minutes now

• Ig
      28th of Jan, 2009

3 Mobile Broadband

I have got 3 mobile broadband...It is really BBBBBBAAAAAADDDDDDD service they provide..I live in London, coverege looks alright on my 3mobile, but for broadband is very poor!!!
    I called them many times, but wasn't better... 4 months I am using it on my new adress, may be couple of days was good service...rest of them really...BAD! Would not recomend anyone to suffer with that incredible low speed of the Internet.. ( Hope in the future will be better)

• Be
      15th of Sep, 2009

i tried cancelin my 3 contract and everytime there was a problem. when i was on the phone for near an hour they finally placed an order to cancel. a month later i get a bill in advance, i foned and they said it wasnt cancelled. asked to be cancelled again, that call went on for near an hour coz they didnt want me to cancel, finally they agreed again, another month on got another advance bill, this was the pattern for 5 months and they expect me to pay the 5 months, i have refused to pay it and now coz they didnt do ther job my credit rating is destroyed. please every1 who is having problems, report them to otelo. they cant keep getting aay ith this

• 1a
      15th of Sep, 2009

My advvice to anyone experiencing problems with the idiots in customer "service" at 3, is to write to the 3 Executive Office at Glasgow G2. You could write to their CEO Kevin Russell, but I understand he feels he is too importyant to deal with his customers justified complaints, but the letter will be forwaded to the Executive Office. Keep copies of everything and try to deal with them in writing. Don't fall into the trap of just dealing with them on the phone - this is essential if you want to take matters up with Otelo or the BBC (Feedback on TV You and Yours on radio 4)

• 1a
      15th of Sep, 2009

"I've been hung up on by the Switchboard at the Maidenhead 'Head Office' about 10 times today, about half of that was just me saying 'I would like to speak to someone else please' as this particular woman would not help. Rather than put me through to someone else she simply hung up at least three times without a word."

Her name is "Karen" and I had exactly the same trouble - snooty, unhelpful and downright rude. All she can do is put you through to the Indian call centre.

I complained about her behaviour but I assume she is the bosses daughter/wife/sister/whatever as she is allowed to go on her unprofessional way.

• Bs
      17th of Nov, 2009

I cancelled my 3 mobile broadband in March because the service was so bad, I cancelled on the grounds that the product was not fit for purpose. Since then I have been constantly harassed by 3. My account has been cleared by credit notes several times but they refuse to accept that the account is closed. PATHETIC

• Co
      18th of Sep, 2011

i been with 3 last two and half year, and i paid all my bill on time, now since three month they charge me 290 $ for using their service and when i complain about it they told me i use more internet data than what i actually got, and it is 4.5 gb and actually i got was 1.5, and i m sure that i didnt use more than my limit, i told them i get very bad connection to my house, if i want to talk with someone i have to come out to my house and try to talk with them and when i was complaint about it they told me that where you are living is very trafic jam area, so the network cant reach over you. So in short u see that they just try to avoid the situation and wouldnt take any responsibility.sucks 3 service and i dont want anymore...