Menu
ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA
reviews & complaints

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

7 complaints
1 resolved 6 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
12:13 pm

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA - Customer service

I subscribed to the site on March 30, 2022, and my photos are still pending review. In the meantime I paid almost $150 and am not getting any response from the men on the site. I also see the same men and their profiles every single time I log in; never any new profiles. I am currently on hold with the customer service and have been for almost an hour. Customer service for this site is horrible. There is a CONTACT US prompt available, however that does not work!

Worst dating site EVER! If this review can reach anyone out there then please do not subscribe to ChristianMingle.com. A total waste of money.

Desired outcome: I would like a complete and full refund.

11:36 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA - Matching cite

I took out a subscription for Christian mingle about a month ago paid for three months in advance I'm very disappointed with the connections the type of man this site expose. I believe it is funny and I canceled and they have been harassing me sending me an email every single day. To tell me that they are rejecting the picture that I put in to close out we've gone in a vicious circle around and around and around and I've asked him just delete my account and they keep sending me another email telling me they are rejecting the picture. I feel like I'm being harassed and I ask him to stop harassing me and they keep sending these emails I've no longer going on the site to look at the fake man. And I asked them to reimburse me for my remaining money. I have not received cooperation they continue to harass me. All I've done is spend money and receive nothing.

Desired outcome: I asked to be reimbursed for the remaining money that I spent on this site and I’ve got no cooperation just harassment

T
4:08 am

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA - Unprofessional realization

Well, don't know where to start. I honestly think that this website is terrible.
It's not done properly, so sometimes it looked like it was made by a 5 yo kid. Pictures are not fully seen neither on the phone or the PC.
It pretends to be a proper dating site with its own communities, groups, and system of emails sendings. The last one works like crap. You get an email right in your profile, but when you're on the website you can't normally read it, it simply doesn't redirect you to reading the letter. Strange. The website is very buggy.
So unprofessional and inconvenient to use.

J
7:07 pm

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA - not as advertised

I paid a membership for 6 months, and have received no dates and very minimal correspondence from any other members. They are all the same people or men who are much too old for me and not what I requested. I contacted the company and asked for a transfer to another one of their sights and was told no, also told no refund. I have been on other dating sights and never had no responses before. I do not believe they are legitimate even though they advertise BBB. I want my money back!

View 0 more photos

2 comments
May 11, 2013 9:16 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You might be better off staying single anyways since there is such terrible calamities in relationships & marriages now a days. My head spins from hearing about the divorces everywhere with people we know and in our neighborhood plus the terrible trouble teenagers get into as well, the grief they cause their parents .

Another thing is the internet is a terrible way to try to meet someone it's enticing though it seems great but it's all fool's gold. My advice is if you must have a relationship try to meet people in person in a group situation where you just do things together as friends. The problem with relationships is that people cover up their defects until it is too late after marriage you find they have a anger problem etc..

May 11, 2013 9:03 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BBB is a scam racket if you pay to be a member for your business they will see to it you get a good rating no matter how many complaints are filed, BBB will see to it that any complaints are successfully resolved or the complaint made void in one way or another. BBB is a privately own business it has nothing to do with the government or US legal system in any way.

If you have no business membership with the BBB then even if you get like one complaint you get rated like a C- or even a F rating to pressure you to pay for a membership with the BBB. I have had business people say to me they know BBB is a scam racket but that they join anyways since the BBB membership logo, rating etc. help increase their finical intake and their number of customers goes up .

BBB is all what people tend to perceive it means "reliability, trustworthiness" when in reality it is no such thing, in fact it could mean the exact opposite it is use by bad businesses to achieve and air of credibility instantly out of thin air just because so many ignorant people in it, like the Greeks believe in mythology like Zeus etc. but had no factual reason to do so.

B
12:02 pm

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA - I have been robbed of close to $10,000

I met William James on the Christianmingle.com website and got hooked with his quote"love for me". Then he claimed he had a friend Richard Ofori would be bringing me a box. Cool, naive as I was, believed that. Anyhow, Mr.Ofori contacted me and claimed he needed money for customs to allow the box into the country. Then it was more money and then he needed money to have a lawyer draw up the documents to allow the box into the states. But after the first two amounts of money I said no way. I have then figured out that I had been taken for a lot of money I truly didn't have or could afford to prett much give away. Then about 10 days ago, I got a call from a Dr. Robert William from Accra, Ghana who claimed he was a director of there and again wanted more money for this box and then money for the insurance on the box. I have stated I don't have anymore money. I have been robbed of close to $10, 000 and my dignity because of this situation. I have emails that were used, cell numbers for Dr. William and credentials for him as well.

K
Jun 06, 2012 5:25 pm

This scam is as old as the internet itself. You can ask your local police to help you out but it's unlikely that the "Dr. William" exists and it's unlikely that they will be able to track this guy down.
Those people have disposable phones, use disposable emails, and have fake IDs. They promise people money, goods, etc. but only if they wire money to help pay for customs. Once they get the money, they just disappear.

E
4:58 pm

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA - Rip off

They advertise a free registration, but after you fill in the questionnaire they want you to pay. Don't use this crooks!

F
Aug 28, 2013 1:57 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am having problems logging in with my username and password . I keep putting them in but they tell me its already being used . well I know that, because its me who is logging in.they send me a password, that only says password reset link, but they don't send the new password, that I need to login please contact me by email, [email protected]

S
2:52 pm

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA - Dating fraud

Don't use this website it is full with scammers. I met person there and then he scammed me. Customer support don't want to hear anything and they say it's my problem. I want a refund!

R
Oct 06, 2013 8:29 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I recently was emailing a man on your web site. He was a fast talking, smooth talking, and never called me by my birth name. Came on very strong to me with his sweet talking ways.
We never met in person. But within a weeks time, he asked me for 10, 000 dollars so he could get the equipment that was in a seaport. He claimed to have run out of money. It was the icing on the cake, I immediately saw another red flag and I heard a buzzer go off in my head. Telling me to run and cut off my communications with him.
Doesn't Christian mingle do a background check on the people that are on this date site.
ALL WOMEN BEWARE! Of fast, smooth talking men.if it seems to good to be true, it probably isn't TRUE!,

ChristianMingle / Spark Networks USA contacts