Carl W. Lemke Unique JewelryFailure to produce merchandise

A

I ordered a custom-made medal and two custom-made signet rings and paid Mr. Lemke for this order. Originally, he promised the merchandise several weeks late but it would supposedly be ready in a matter of days. He never sent either of the rings. He did send me a badly forged/fabricated medal and promised he would recast it at no charge due to its poor quality. Since then nothing. I have sent more than six e-mails, two faxes to get him to complete the order. He no longer takes any phone messages. I have now waited for six months with no merchandise. He is not a merchant I would trust to complete an order and I have now read several similar complaints on the Internet. This is definitely NOT a merchant/custom jeweler I would work with again.

• St
    Stylo Apr 15, 2012

He took me as well. Originally apologized for the delay because he said he was on vacation and then refused to answer emails or calls, though the ring was paid in full. I got exactly zero. This was back in 2005/2006 and I just saw that his website is still up and operating.

• Ro
    Royal Mar 26, 2009

Carl W. Lemke Unique Jewelry took me in as well. He took my money, now 11 weeks later no ring, will not answer emails or my phone calls. I'll be in El Paso in a few weeks, I think I'll make some time to stop by and see him about a refund!

Be advised, I think this guy is a crook.

• Ro
    Rolf Feb 28, 2008

I have the same experience as Allen Hamilton with mr. Lemke.
    As soon as you have paid he disappears into thin air totally. He doesn't respond on e-mails and the telephone is answered by a fax.

My advise: stay away from this guy!
    He has the word fraud written all over him.
    A real scam artist if you ask me.
    Don't say you haven't been warned!
    There are many more complaints about Lemke!