Captain D'sI was given a counterfeit $5.00 bill

Pa Aug 19, 2019 Review updated:

I visited this restaurant on Saturday 8-17-2019, & I only had a $20.00 bill & a $1.00 bill. I bought $10.78 worth of food & I gave the girl a $20.00 bill. My money I rec'd back was $9.22. Then I went to the Thrift (MAJ-R Thrift( store at 6314 N Oak trafficway Gladstone, MO 64118. I bought a few items & I gave the girl my $5.00 bill I had rec'd changed from Captain D's. She had a counter fit pen; but she noticed other things wrong with that $5. Looked like someone had washed it in with the laundry; she couldn't feel any raised edging on any of the emblems; and the front side on lower edge wasn't cut right but it looked all right on the back side. I took the $5 back to Captain D's, explained to the counter person & her comment was someone told her it wasn't counter feit. An employee behind counter with a uniform on was there & said give the lady another $5. But no one took that BAD $5 to put some where else like in a back room or so a Manager could see it. The girl put it back in the drawer to be put back into circulation. So someone else had noticed the $5 didn't look right & didn't care one bit that it might be counter feit. And who cares if some Old person got & couldn't use it. Or maybe the management knew all along & that's how they subsidize what money they use in their cash drawer. (Robbing Peter to Paul never gets any one any place in this world)! But a BAD Reputation!!!

• Captain D's Customer Care's Response, Aug 22, 2019

Hello, Thank you for contacting Captain D's. Can you send your complaint with contact information to https://contact.captainds.com and someone from our management team will reach out to you?

Comments

•   Aug 20, 2019

Why didn't you return to Captain D's right then and there???

"Hey, remember me? Get yourself a counterfeit pen!"

You have to understand that you were not the only one who was cheated.the company was cheated first.

•   Aug 20, 2019

Did I read that last bit right???

You don't care if an elderly person gets cheated out of 5.dollars???

WTF, assstwat????

Aug 20, 2019

@Um is not an answer! The way I read it, the OP said it in a sarcastic way, meaning that the store does not care if an old person gets the bill after they put it back in the drawer. They are saying the manager and cashier do not care sarcastly. Not that they themselves don't care, but the manager and cashier do not care due to their action. I do not think that the money was counterfeit, I think employee at thrift made a mistake. Even if it were counterfeit, I doubt the manager allowed her to get the counterfeit money on purpose. Most people do not check $5 bills.