Camp Australiacomplaints

I applied for a position with Camp Australia, passed my phone interview and supplied all relevant documents required for the position. One of the requirements is to supply at least 2 references which I did but because they were not my immediate supervisor, I was rejected for the position! For the last 4 years I've worked very hard as a small business owner so I was my own boss and didn't have a supervisor as such but Camp Australia do not seem to understand what I am explaining to them so I put it in writing and sent an email but again I was rejected. The 2 references were people that I communicated with on a daily basis that work for reputable international companies and they were told over the phone by Camp Australia that they were not suitable as my references!
I am very disappointed as I am more than qualified for this position and I can't even speak to someone in Australia from Camp 'Australia'

• Camp Australia Customer Care's Response, Oct 21, 2019

Camp Australia is a child safe provider and our recruitment process is set up to ensure the safety of all children attending our services. Part of this process involves the completion of reference checks where we require to speak with two previous managers/supervisors. This falls in line with industry practices and was also highlighted as one of a number of recommended recruitment practices for child safe organisations by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.

While we can appreciate your disappointment in not being able to join our team, and we certainly don’t like turning away passionate educators, being able to ensure all children attending a Camp Australia service will be in a safe environment is not something we are willing to compromise on.

Should you be able to provide suitable references in the future, we would be happy to reconsider your application at this time.

Camp Australia