Leon's Furniture

10081 McLaughlin Rd N, Brampton, ON, L7A 2X5, CA

Reviews and Complaints

[Resolved] fabric sofa set

I have purchased a sofa set of Fabric from Leon!s furniture, 10081 McLaughlin Road N, Brampton ON L7A2X5 on 25 Oct 2015. Set consists of three piece viz Sofa, Love Seat and Chair. I have paid 1353.68 (Thirteen hundred fifty three and sixty eight cent)which includes fabric warranty and HST. Its break up is Price 1048.00plus 149.95 warranty and 155.73 HST. I was told at time of purchase that they do not have chair in stock and expecting in 2-3 weeks.They offered me option of taking delivery of sofa and love seat immediately and chair afterwards. Which I agree hoping they would deliver Chair in 2 to 3 week time. They delivered sofa and love seat within 3-4 days.Then I waited for three weeks for chair and nobody bothered to inform me about status of Chair. I have called them at least 4 to 5 times to inquire about status of Chair but I got same reply every time that they have no idea when they are getting it. Once I went personally to the same store and met customer service manager to resolve issue. The lady told me that they had reserved one piece which is lying at Burlington store and will be delivered in week time. This incident happened in November end. I waited for a week and didn't receive anything. On contacting the store on phone, I was told the lady was not in on that day. During this period I got several phone calls from Fabric warranty co. for doing fabric treatment. As I did not have full set I have to postpone it. Now at last They delivered chair on 8 Jan 2016 which is at least 8-9 week delay . as a result all three pieces look different as I have started using two pieces earlier. I underwent enough mental stress to call them frequently and visiting store personally . I need refund of money I have paid. My order no is 10255BRFDKY Dt. 25 Oct 2015 and my name is Vijaykumar Patel residing at 22 Domenico crescent Brampton ON L6P 1H5

• Resolution Statement

I have not heard from Leons furniture yet so I donot think my complain is resolved yet and I request you to get this complain resolved as early as possible

• Vp
    V patel Jan 10, 2016

This case is purely matter of negligence and irresponsible attitude of staff of store

terrible experience!

On August 26,2008 . I purchased a sofa bed( After months of B/S they delivered it December 01,2007), coffee table and two end tables and a bedroom set. I set up delevery for Sept 01,2007 well they sent half the furniture and most of it was damaged. ( Coffee table chipped , scratched, wood missing & 1 end table was defective. Bedsidepanels had cracks on them (cheap lamenant). When I contacted Leon's Brampton they kept me on hold for 15min and told me that they would send a "Technion's" to examine the damage and he might be able to fix the problem (glue the piece) It took 1 week for him to come and he had no idea what to do and tore off a piece of the furniture and made a report to replace the damaged pieces( He also had no knowledge about the furniture). It took them 2 weeks and they replaced the damaged pieces with other damaged pieces. Long story short (I could go on and on) They came and took my bedroom set I wanted a full refund NOT a CREDIT and they have not refunded my Financial Institution yet! That was Dec 29,2007. My Financial Institution contacted me on January 30,2008 and informed me that they still have not sent the refund to them ( Go figure). They have also sent me my 3rd defective coffee table and have scheduled a pick up of all 3 tables for February 13,2008 and requested a "Stocking Fee". (I don't think so) They are unprofessional, disorganized, scammers and liars. They do not stand by there products at all. They try to rip off the consumer and they don't want to be accountable for the CRAP they sell. They should step up to the plate refund my monies and stop playing games. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LEON'S.

Margarita Sep 16, 2008

We bought 2 pce. sectional in June. We have similar problems the sofa was riped at dilivery and the problem is not solved yet. The technician came and sad to us that back seat will be replaced. Finalley they called to tell that the part is in and they are coming back to fix it, but the same day we got a call that instead of a back seat they received the chair. So we are waiting again for how long we do not know. And with all this I not talking about other smoll problems we had.

• Le
    LeonsPeterborough Sep 25, 2008

I have bought furniture, electronics and appliances at Leon's for over 45 years. I have never had a problem with service and I have always been treated with the utmost respect. That is not to say that I have never had an issue with a tear, or a scratch on a product I've bought, but I do realize that for he most part it is the manufacturer that sends damaged products to Leon's. I find it really hard to complain when you can buy a 3 piece living room set for under 2 grand and one of the pieces might not be entirely perfect. If you want perfection go to a ultra high end furniture store such as the Art Shope in Toronto where you might be lucky to get a sofa for under 5 grand. Lets be reasonable people. Were not buying Bentley's, were buying Ford's.

• Ab
    abby04005 Sep 30, 2008

It is not about what you are buying, of course if I am buying a 5 piece bedroom set for 599.00 I would expect it not to be the best and I don’t expect it to last me a lifetime. But it is the way you get treated when you are talking to the customer service rep’s and not ti mention the 18 year old customer service manager (MANDY in BRAMPTON) They don’t care, because they have the power to do anything, they do. I am a pretty reasonable person, but when you get 4 dressers in the course of 6 weeks, and all are damaged to the point that you can not even take a discount to keep as is. That is when the gloves come off, that is where I draw the line, I don’t expect perfection, I expect at least, something that is not going to look like it is 15 years old and I expect that the manager can do more for me. The fourth time, I was livid, she said that she can do a next day delivery, I said I can’t I have meetings can she do it after 3:00, not she can not drivers are gone by then, weekends, no they are booked. Well what can do? Can you take a day off work? I asked her, can you???? Now that I have bought the furniture, I am expected to wait for techs, take time off from work, spend 20 minutes on hold and then finally, talk to a 18 year old manager (MANDY) who should be working at McDonalds flipping burgers or in school right now. You have to put your foot down sometime!

• Ro
    Ross Mills Nov 22, 2008

I recently ordered the christmas special from leons samsung 50" tv with blue ray dvd player and soundround sound, my wife ordered this package and paid a $500 deposit later that day they phoned and informer her that the tv was not available and that we couldn't get the dvd player until after christmas also the surrouned sound was on back order and would not be available until the new year if at all. why would they have it on as a x-mas special if they didn't have it in stock, oh yes they did refund the $500

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices