Burger Kingprovided wrong product at drive up window for our order not known until product was opened up at home.

Ro Sep 13, 2019 Review updated:

I've been a customer of Burger King for over 40 years. I'm a senior citizen now. After completing shopping at a nearby super market I went to this Burger King's drive up lane and ordered for my wife a double whopper with cheese sandwich specifically stating everything on the burger except no onion, no mustard, no ketchup, but everything else on it including extra mayonnaise, plus a large diet Coke. I also asked for a small ice cream sundae but order taker lady said their machine for that was not working. I told her to skip the ice cream and I'll just take my order for the burger and drink. I heard the lady repeat it back correctly, but the details of the order did not appear on the drive up screen ... only the total of $8.97. There was no line other than 1 car ahead of me. I had to wait at the drive up window a few minutes. The order taker ignored me and was talking on the phone to someone, looking up something in a book flipping pages. She finally acknowledged me stating the total, I gave her $20.02 and she gave me $11.05 change. She then handed me the drink, then went to the window where burgers are passed from the preparer, and didn't even look at it ... just throwing it in a bag. She handed me the bag and receipt. The date on the receipt was 09/12/2019, at 10:08 PM, with another number under that of 30176. The Order Number was 395. I went home with the order. My wife opened it up and found a burger with 1 patty, no lettuce, no tomato and no mayonnaise. Very disappointed. It was too late to go out again to take it back. I attempted to file this through your survey but the print on the receipt was very pale and not readable in spots including the first 2 or 3 numbers of the survey code which were not readable. The survey code began with whatever the first 2 or 3 numbers were, followed by [protected]. If you're not going to give the customer a clear receipt you can't expect the customer to provide the survey code. I tried to enter the number partially as I have here but your website just kept aborting my attempt to report it. I probably won't return to that BK again. In comparison your BK store in Schaumburg is run more professionally. Would be nice if something were done about this. Thank you. Robert Galbraith. [protected]@yahoo.com is my e-mail.

Comments

• Km
      Sep 13, 2019

I can't believe this is the 1st time you got an order that was wrong. My brother simply refuses to eat vegetables or condiments, so I have to order his plain. After the 1st time I immediately started pulling into the 1st free parking spot at the restaurant and checking the order before driving home. I have on occasion still received the wrong sandwich, but since I was still there I was only inconvenienced for a few minutes and often offered me a free coffee for the trouble without asking.

•   Sep 13, 2019

Did you call them and complain about your sandwich or just type it here?