Brenda Harris CleaningStole my 13 year olds Ipod and my watch

D

I had BrendaHarris in to clean my house, and everything was fine for the first visit. She talked too much, but good cleaners are hard to find.

It was the second and third visit (I should have fired her after the second visit) where I had a problem. She didn't do NEARLY as good a job as she had the first time, and my daughters IPod was missing after Brenda left.

I chalked it up to my daughter forgetting where she put it as she's a typical 13 year old, and figured I'd talk to Brenda about the problems with the cleaning next time. For the record, floors weren't vaccumed or mopped, and my ensuite looked like she hadn't touched it.

The next visit she seemed offended I wanted to talk about the floors and bathrooms, and was very rude about it. She told me that she only had a couple hours to spend, and the house had to be tidy when she came in. My house IS tidy. It's me, my husband and my daughter, and I make sure everything is tidied and put away the day before Brenda comes.

I didn't like the way she was speaking to me, but since she was already there she went ahead with the cleaning.

The cleaning was fine that week, the problem was that my watch went missing out of my jewellery box. I know exactly where it was, since I only wear it formally and have kept it in the EXACT same place for 3 years. That watch was a present from my husband for our 15th anniversary and very sentimental. My daughters IPod still hasn't turned up, despite our turning the house upside down looking for it.

When I tried calling Brenda about it she laughed and hung up on me. I have sent registered letters to the address she gave me, which is a PO Box in Cochrane that have come back unclaimed. I have tried calling her from different numbers, and she hangs up as soon as she finds out it's me. She has since changed or disconnected the phone number she gave me.

When I hired Brenda Harris she claimed she was insured and bondable. What a lie.

I have submitted a claim to my insurance company, and reported this to the police. It's very frustrating to learn I was given fake information, she may have given me a fake name for all I know...

I hope this story helps you, I have certianly learned my lesson too late and will be getting proof on insurance up front, and trusting my gut in the first place!

More Brenda Harris Cleaning Complaints & Reviews