Molly Maids Complaints & Reviews

Molly MaidsBehaviour, Unprofessionalism

We hired Molly Maids, because my partner had just finished Cancer treatment, & needed help with housework. This was not a luxury service, but one that was meant to support my partner, to take some worry of her. We paid for a spring clean, £90 for two cleaners. This was done well, howeve4r after a few regular cleans, it was clear the standard wasn't the same. It is an expensive service, and one we expect to have a decent clean from. I was assured by the local franchise owner, that big houses were not a problem, and they were used to busy households. This clearly wasn't the case! We had a concern about the cleaning of a toilet, which I emailed the local FO about, (mainly because my partner was still at risk from infection post chemo) this was mentioned to the cleaners, and when they next came, one in particular was abrupt, about the fact she had, had a call back. This was discussed, and we thought, the end of the matter. This was until 12 June 2016, when the cleaners came, my partner was doing School drop off, and I was upstairs. I came down to hear the cleaners insulting our home, the condition, the fact the house isn't clean enough for them to clean. Even though we were doing more and more of the cleaning. The didn't do three rooms, they didn't need to load DW, or wash. After hearing such negativity, I gave them notice. I then phoned my partner, to let her know what had happened. The cleaner was listening outside the door, and shouted at me. I told them both to leave, and the same cleaner said very loudly she had got up early to do this job, and continued to be unprofessional.
I'm afraid I would NOT recommend this company!

Respond

Molly MaidsDamages

Since August 20th we are battling with Molly Maids to take care/pay for damages one of their cleaning crew caused to our wooden floor. We worked with Molly Maids to get Insurance Adjusters to the house, complied with their requests for repair estimates and were promised by the franchise owner and manager that this repair will be taken care of no matter what. After battling with Molly Maids insurance company ( a unknown company name) for weeks they decided that they did not want to pay the claim. The franchise owner again promised he will take care of it and will pay this repair out of his own pocket. He requested another estimate from a different floor repair company. This company as of today has not showed up...and Molly Maids is QUIET! Now we have to spend more time and get this case to court - to sue the Franchise office for the damages done and the Regional office for misleading customers by selling their services as 'fully insured'. ( I was not able to attach a picture of the damages - reason : photo too large; max size 2 MB)

Respond

Molly MaidsTerrible Service, both cleaning and customer service

Recently we had hired MOLLY MAIDS cleaning service to clean a house we were going to move into. They were to come on Tuesday and we were to move in on Saturday. They charge $80/hr for their service. The two women who came to the house spent 4 hours, CHARGED FOR 4 HOURS however their work was HORRIBLE! For example, the floors, cabinets, surfaces are dusty and some that were hidden (such as closets) were filthy. The company was told specifically what to clean aside from what they were supposed to and they neglected our request. I had stopped by the house while thet were cleaning- about 2 1/2hours into thier time and they had only cleaned the bedrooms, which were not well done AT ALL!! I unfortnutely had to leave due to baby-sitting issues, but apparently they stayed for an hour a half more. My husband later went to the house that evening to find that the basement, laundry and bathrooms were not touched!!! I arrived Friday, the day before our move in date, and I was horrified and LIVID at what they did and mostly DID NOT DO! I am so dissapointed with this company. My husband called that Tuesday evening to complain and the molasses-type rate at which the workers were going (and were charging for) and at the horrible quality of service. Upon speaking to the manager, the only compensation they could give was $20 OFF OF OUR WHOLE BILL!!! Our bill was $320 before the "major" deduction. I did not think this "professional" cleaning service needed babysitters! If the company needs witnesses to how bad of a job was done, I can provided the numbers of our contracter and painters who would have seen thier work.
      As a professional who works with people, if there was a complaint about my service, my manager would thoroughly investigate why my client was not satisfied. Carla, the manager of this company, however, said sorry- here is NOTHING! When I saw what a horrible job was done, I even called her that Friday and she did not even have the courtesy to talk to me, she had a secretery Susan tell me that she already spoke with my husband and the bill was already taken care of. If you ask me, she should be doing spot checks, and/or taking a class on how to actually manage a business- and that does not mean, send out workers to twiddle thier thumbs and lie about what they did, then you close your eyes and ears when the customers are not satisfied. Normally we would have fought this, but we have way to much to think about with our move. However, I cannot let this go.
      I will NEVER, EVER be using Molly Maids service ever again. Instead I will be hiring a business that is preofessional, thorough, has better customer service and has a manager that knows how to manage thier workers.
      AND I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME.
      For reference this is the Molly Maids of Des Plaines, IL with Carla as the "manager".

3 Responses
        • La
          LarissaWilcox Jul 06, 2013

I worked for molly maids from June 10, 2013 until June 28, 2013. I quit because they kept putting me with someone who was a bible thumper the entire time. Yes, i believe but I don't want to hear about god from 8am until usually 5pm sometimes later. The woman, yelled at me in the homes with customers there or not, didn't matter. (UNPROFESSIONAL) and then we got behind one day because after she yelled at me, the guy went over EVERYTHING and made us wait which made us late all because she couldn't be professional about it and pull me to the side to tell me I missed it. Then about a week later we were doing an initial cleaning at a home, and we only had two hours. I did the kitchen quickly like I was told to do, so we would meet the time limit, and she made us stay for another two hours to fix everything, telling me she would get me wrote up, I was going to lose my job, I'm stupid and everything else. I started crying because she was such a ###. But I stuck it out. That friday, june 28th, I woke up late, so they fired me. I went to apologize and they rehired me under the understanding that it didnt happen again. So one of the managers took me to a home that two girls where already there. They wouldn't let me in the home. I had to walk 25 minutes, to meet my father who picked me up. We drove back to the office and the other manager apologized, and let me take the day to myself. She asked if I would be back on Monday and I told her probably not. They "fired me" for not showing up on Monday. so on July 5th, 2013 I go to get my check for those two weeks. My check for 9 days, since I went home the one friday, was 235.22. But my first check for 5 days, three of which were early days, was 274.61 after taxes. So I go inside and tell them my check is short, one manager walks out to her car pissed and left and the other tried to blow me off. I asked them why it was that small and she said because I missed so many days! I missed one because their girls wouldn't let me in the home!! But ok. so she figured it out the I should have had almost 600 on my check. It is 235.22. They shorted my check on top of everything then had the nerve to ask me not to contact corporate. Really??? This is the Molly Maids in Melbourne Florida on US1 by the gas station and right off Pindea Causeway! Anyway can anybody help me??

Chappell Feb 03, 2012

I worked for molly maid and the girl worked with used the mop in the tub to save time. I told her that was gross but she said they would not know the difference. They clean with Windex through out the home to save on furniture polish. I had to stop working there. The short cuts they took were not very professional.

• Bk
          bkloo Nov 03, 2011

I've worked with Molly Maid in the past and have had great service, do they offer laundry service?

Molly Maids — cleaning

I would like to complain about the way that the manager sandra at molly maids cleaning company in wimledon...