Menu

B
Author of the complaint
2:48 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Folks:
Enough.
I joined BMOC in Oct of 2009, paying for my initial shipment on Nov. 9, 2008. I fulfilled my purchase requirement with payment on January 6, 2009, and cancelled membership.
You ignored the written request, and kept on sending books.
I repeated the request in writing in March, sent a copy of the first letter, and said I would no longer return unsolicited packages.
I relented in May, returned 2 packages, demanded that membership be terminated, and threatened to charge you for further contact.
You ignored this.
Wednesday, I returned three packages, and today I received another.
It seems that you are engaging in an odd kind of extortion or perhaps postal fraud. Since I do not have a membership, there is of course, no need for me to do anything. If you want this, and any further gifts you send me back, please arrange to pick them up before 7AM, or after 6:30 PM when I am home. If you want me to take it to the PO and stand in line, please remit $20.00 for this service, since I need to use my lunch time, and lines in Philadelphia never have less than 20 minutes wait time. I will keep this package for 30 days to allow you to respond, and then I will dispose of it.
FURTHER RESPONSE FROM ME WILL BE AT MY STANDARD HOURLY RATE OF $65.00

More Book Of The Month Club complaints & reviews

Book Of The Month Club - Scam charges
Book Of The Month Club - Fraud
Book Of The Month Club - say i owe $ from 2003
3 comments
B
Jun 30, 2022 10:11 am EDT

It's very time consuming to cancel BOTM subscription. First of all you can only call during EST business hours to cancel. Second you must search for the phone number hidden in the bowels of their web pages. And lastly you must remain on hold for at least 30 minutes before getting through to an operator to help you cancel.

T
Mar 01, 2011 8:13 am EST

They take 10.00 out of my back account 3 times a month i have not ordered anything from them i dont even know who thay are and i cant seem to get them to stop i thing we need to blow up there building when its closed of course dont want to hurt anyone just want them to poof

D