Back to the CaribbeanVacation trap

I

I purchased a vacation package from Back To The Caribbean and at the time of purchase or on the contract there is no mention of cancellation. With the current economy, I called to get a refund only to find out that I am not able to cancel. I was never told that I would not be able to cancel nor is it written on any of the documents that I have received from them. Furthermore, my lawyer wrote to them and completely ignore the letter. Now I find myself having to sue them.

• Bu
    burned by Back to the Carribbean Mar 24, 2009

Not sure why you should be able to cancel something you committed to but good luck dealing with them - I bought a package from them a couple of years ago but was never able to get a confirmed resort booking. They don't respond to emails or voice mails so it's just a scam as far as I'm concerned. Their website recently vanished so they may be out of business now (too many compaints becoming public and people checked on the web and stopped buying?) - they'll probably resurface under another name though.

• Bu
    burned by Back to the Carribbean Mar 24, 2009

just for reference for anyone looking for "Back to the Caribbean", their website isn't there and has been replaced by www.backtofun.com. I'd avoid them as well as likely are the same people trying to hide from Back to the Caribbean problems

Unknown Mar 30, 2009

I worked for this company before and yes it is a complete scam and the owner only cares about making money. I am sorry to say that I had anything to do with their business. Try to avoid them as they will not take care of you or refund your money. For any other people out there do not buy anything from this company.

• Ta
    tartanspice Apr 05, 2009

This really worries me since I think I have been caught in this scam - I did enter a competition when I was in Jamaica at the end of January and I received a phone call to say I had 'won' a return trip as well as an additional week in the US. I never received the email I was promised and have had no documents in the post todate. I have been googling 'back to the caribbean' since that was what appeared on my credit card which I have now cancelled.
    Anne in London

• Ih
    I hate Dimout Apr 16, 2009

I was on vacation in the bahamas and saw their stand to register for a free cruise. Then I got a phone call a few weeks later saying that my name had been drawn.

I purchased a cruise from them last year with the stipulation that I had to go to two of those timeshare reviews first. After enduring the two, I could never get them to book my cruise. When I called they tried to tell me that a cruise was not a part of my package.

I called my credit card company only to have them tell me that it had been past 45 days so they couldn't do anything about it. I put in a complaint with the BBB. They finally returned my call with someone trying to SELL me more timeshare but refused to give me a refund or cruise.

These people are total scammers. They NEVER resolved the issue with the cruise even after countless emails and phone calls. I suggest you look them up in the Better Business Bureau. They have an F rating and have hundreds of complaints.

My only suggestion is to call you credit card since it hasn't been 45 days. Good Luck.

• Gi
    Gigi Apr 18, 2009

My husband and I bought a package 9 months ago, off an entry form we filled out. We have had no problems at all with this company and am disturbed to read these blogs. Nobody ever compliments anymore.. I am a hardworking school teacher and my husband I'd in real estate. We have also been affected by the economy and am very happy we were able to save 80% off of a vacation we would have to pay full price for. We had no problems booking and customer service was awesome!! To the lady that is taking them to court, why if you are "struggling" pay money for a lawyer when you could just take the trip or sell it. They do make it transferable.. If you get chosen be grateful !!

Unknown Apr 21, 2009

The girl who wrote the post above works for this company. Her name is Gina a.k.a gigi she use to be my manager when I was on the phone. You can even see in her writing how she is trying to sell you on the 80% off bull crap. DO NOT BUY OR USE ANYTHING FROM THEM. If you want a refund you can contact your credit card company and dispute the charge no matter how long ago it was. They will protect you because this is a fraudulant vacation pacakge. Just send them the terms and condations as well is the locations that they sold to you at the time of purchase as they probably don't even have the same destinations. Also you can contact the state of florida attorney general and file a complaint and I am sure you will receive all you money. You can file a complaint by going to www.myfloridalegal.com

Unknown Apr 21, 2009

ohhh my we bought a package from Gina Calmbro and I felt like I was being scammed into it. She kept telling me I have to buy it now and that if I didn't they would pass it on. I am going to contact the BBB as well as my credit card company. You can never get a hold of customer service and when you do they are very unprofessional. They only have two people working there I think a Lake and a man named Johnny who both in which are very rude and don't know what they are doing. I have been trying to use this for sometime and they always so the date and locations aren't available.

• Go
    Goose May 18, 2009

We just called Back to the Caribbean at [protected] to set up a trip and got the recording "you do not have any credit; goodbye". We sent money last year to extend it as we were unable to use it and now we're sensing we've been completely had as we spent a few hundred dollars to get two three night and day U.S. trips (of which we used one) and a week long Caribbean vacation that apparantly will never happen. What is our recourse?!?!?

• Mi
    Mike OBrien Jul 10, 2009

RUN RUN RUN FROM THIS COMPANY...SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

YOU DO NOT, I REPEAT, YOU DO NOT STAY IN THE RESORT YOU'RE TOURING. REPRESENTATIVES ARE VERY MISLEADING!!! SAYS THE "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" PAGE I SIGNED TELLS ME THIS. IT ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT. YOU MUST PAY AN UPGRADE FEE WHEN CHECKING IN AT THE WELCOME CENTER, NOT THE RESORT. THEY PUT YOU IN A STANDARD HOTEL/MOTEL AND YOU TRAVEL TO VISIT THE RESORT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE STAYING IN.

WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE RESORT LINKS ON THEIR HOMEPAGE IT SHOWS YOU ONE OR TWO RESORTS IN THAT AREA WHICH MISLEADS YOU TO THINK THAT IS WHERE YOU'RE STAYING. I WAS TOLD BY LINDA, THE US MANAGER FOR BTTC, THAT THEY ACTUALLY HAVE MANY MANY MANY RESORTS YOU COULD BE CHOOSING FROM, NOT JUST THOSE ON THE WEBSITE, BUT NO ONE TELLS YOU THIS SO YOU DON'T KNOW. PLUS, SHE IS A COMPLETE IDIOT AND NASTY ON THE PHONE. SHE'S ALSO NOT GOOD AT HER JOB AND VERY FORGETFUL.

NOTE: WE WANTED TO STAY IN AN ORLANDO RESORT AND SHE SENT ME AN EMAIL TO ADVISE ME TO TELL THEM WE WERE ACTUALLY COMING FROM ANOTHER COMPANY SO THEY WOULD LET US STAY THERE...SHE INSTRUCTED ME TO LIE! BAD MOVE ON HER PART...I'VE SENT THAT EMAIL TO THAT RESORT MARKETING COMPANY.

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

directorofownerservices Jul 21, 2009

First and foremost, I am the Director of Owner Services with this company. We are completely legitimate and are by no definition of the word are we a scam. We have over 20, 000 customers and only a handful of people are not happy. One can not please everyone. I do apologize about the issues you have experienced. I will be happy to help each one of you to the best of my ability reach a positive resolution. Yes, past employees did not provide the level of customer service we expect, which is why they are no longer here. We currently have a great customer service staff that provides a high quality of service. We strive to ensure that all customers are happy and have some great vacations. Please feel free to email me at [protected]@backtofun so that I can help you. I can assure you that all future experiences you have with us will be positive ones to the best of our abilities. Also, our website is currently being redesigned and should be live within the next couple of weeks. We do apologize again for the inconvenience. To find out the current destinations or any other questions please contact customer service.

Unknown Jul 21, 2009

Funny that this company is defending themselves on a complaint site. Why is Holly using an email for backtofun? looks like the company had some issues and wanted to run away from the original name. Your customer service was not responsible for locations not being available and the false information that you representatives told us. The problems with your company stems from the owners and the way they allow their company to be run. Let me guess you are either the owner or his wife right?
    Maybe you should spend more time helping the customers that try to book a
    trip or want their money back, then to try and cover you butt on a complaint forum.

directorofownerservices Jul 22, 2009

I am who I say I am. I am responding on behalf of Back to the Caribbean. I help customers every day to travel. We are not running from any name as we wanted to make it easier on our customers to find the website because a lot of people misspell the word Caribbean. It is a shame that people like you and people like the person above my first comment have to resort to basic name calling. You or any one else bad mouthing people does not make your complaint look any more reliable in fact the opposite. We go above and beyond to ensure that we provide what the customer wants. It is a shame that Mike O'Brien had to call one of our employees an idiot and such. We were told on a Monday that Consolidated Resorts was declaring bankruptcy. We can even provide their public notice of bankruptcy for you. We turned a bad issue into something good because we scrambled and the same day we were informed of this we were able to get people placed in 2 bedroom condos at equally or better resorts. So lets get honest on here. All I want to do is have anyone on here that has had any issues to contact me so that I can resolve them for you. I am not the owner nor am I his wife. For our future customers that may find this site, please do not let rude ignorant people deter you from doing business with us it is exactly what we say it is and than some.

UnknownUser Jul 23, 2009

Well miss Holly, I personally spoke with you and nothing was resolved. I'm sure this happens all the time. In fact, you tried to get me to pay more money. Check out the BBB in florida and your F rating and numerous complaints says it all.

To anyone who may have recently or am considering doing business with these people...by the time you realize you've made a mistake they will NOT give you your money back. It could be months before you try to book anything and realize this. You're better off just contacting the resort themself. Most timeshare places already run deeply discounted specials for you to tour their resort (which you will also have to do if you use Back to the Carribbean).

directorofownerservices Jul 23, 2009

And for everyones information we no longer have an F rating on BBB. We have a C or C- and are in the process of getting that raised. The BBB made a mistake when they gave us the F rating and when that was brought to their attention they corrected the grade. I am sure I gave you options. Perhaps those were not options that you wanted, and that is beyond my control. You can give me your name and I will look into the situation again because back than I might not have had as many options as I do now. The only way I would have said you had to pay more money is if you chose to travel to an all-inclusive resort and of course your package does not include all-inclusive. If it was in regards to the Caribbean than I do have about 15 different locations that you can choose from. Some of the ones that were not available at the time may be now.

Remember, one cannot please everyone. I do the best to my ability to help everyone. No not everyone that I have spoken with may be happy, but I can guarantee more are happy than are not. But you never see anyone say anything on these types of boards because they are for people who are not happy. How nice it would be if someone started a compliment board.

Unknown Aug 06, 2009

RUN RUN RUN FROM THIS COMPANY...SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Ba
    back to fun my butt Sep 10, 2009

My boyfriend and I "bought" a vacation from this place also...5 years ago. We called and called and got no response. Needless to say we never went on vacation. Now 5 years later, they send me an e-mail that they don't respond to and leave messages on my house phone. My boyfriend called back and spoke with some one. Low and behold, they wanted to correct our being ripped off by trying to get us to give them more $$$. How stupid do they think we are? Scam me once, sahm on you...scam me twice, shame on me!!! WHAT A JOKE!!!

• Ha
    Haze Sep 20, 2009

I just want to put my 2 cents in. I "won" a vacation from this company and was able to use it. Holly & Johnnie helped me get my reservations although it did take almost a year trying. That said, my husband & i went to Puerto Rico and had a fantastic time. The Grande Melia was outstanding and the time share presentation was simple with no high pressure to sell. I am currently trying to book my 3 day vavation in Florida. The web site will not let me do it online so I will be calling tomorrow. I just hope that I can travel in a month & that it won't take quite as long as it did to go to the Caribbean.

• Su
    summerjoe Sep 24, 2009

We are right there with you. We were called by them about a 3-trip pkg for a certain amt. We have gone on one and what a nightmare. The place was a rathole, roach bag hotel - that they called a resort. We had a nightmare with the place they sent us for our 90-minute presentation. They treated us so rudely the entire time that you would never believe. At the end when we said we weren't interested one particular employee, Brian, said, "Get them out of here, there is no money here." There is alot more that happened. I understand that if you ask to speak to one of their mgrs they call the Police on you. They trip you up by giving you the wrong address on your appt card so that way you will be late or can't find it and then try to chg you again for a room you have already paid for. We are in the process with the BBB, and any other places and sites that we can get help from. Buyer beware! When they call you they do say that you must do this now and you can't go and ck up on them or anything and they also won't give you the place of where you are staying. You don't find that out until you get to the city you are staying in. Isn't that suspicious? They don't want you to look up any info. They totally misrepresented themselves.

• Kc
    kc58x Oct 14, 2009

My husband and I have been dealing with Nina at Back to Fun and she has been fantastic. She is always professional and helped us book our first part of this deal. We are going to Orlando in January and I read the fine print and understand from the start that we will not be staying on site. I am hoping for the best that we will be able to still get a trip to Mexico or PR out of this, but, so far so good. If anyone has any problems, call back and ask for or leave a message for Nina. She will call you back. And no, I don't work for the company :) I live in NY.

• Po
    Pool-Boy-Floyd Nov 25, 2009

I was just speaking to Gina Calmbro on the phone. While she was spinning her sales pitch I googled Back to the Carribean and stumbled across this forum as she continued to ask for my credit card I asked about alternative payments. or if I could call back tomorrow with a pre-paid debit card she said I would not be able to. Thanks to the posts on this forum I declined her offer and Just Said No. So I would like to thank all of you for posting your complaints I honestly believe that because of you I didn't get scammed . Thank you.

• To
    toearlyforascam Dec 31, 2009

Ditto - on New Years Eve of all days. Trying to get some extra sleep for a long night and the phone rings. "You'Ve Won!!" - Well, of course we are going to pop out of bed and listen. My fiance started writing everything down and about half way through, I checked out and thought - geez, this sounds familiar. You could have set your watch to it - "We just need a credit card... NOW" So while she was furiously writing down all of his "information", I rolled my eyes and googled them. And now here we, and there they went. Thanks everyone - this information, suffice it to say - is the real winner!

• Ba
    Backtothelawyers Jan 04, 2010

I signed up for a package in February. after I "won" the vacation for $498. Even though I realized I didn't win anything, I figured it would be a good deal to travel to the listed vacations for the low price. I requested the ME by Melia in Cancun and was accepted by the company. I received an actual confirmation letter including the hotel's address and phone number. On the bottom of the confirmation was the phone number of Back to the Carribean in the event I needed to make any changes. When I arrived at the ME by Melia. they had NO RECORD of my confirmation. After sitting with the very nice lady at ME, we continued to call Back to the Carribean where Johnye (a supposed head of Back to the Caribbean) insisted that Back to the Caribbean had nothing to do with this transaction. This person actually insisted that this deal was made with a DIFFERENT COMPANY, even though their phone number was right on the confirmation sheet.

This company is not legit. I would highly recommend everyone folllowing through with their complaints so these people suffer the same way we all have. I have already contacted my credit card company, and will contact the state of Florida as well.

• Do
    Don't get taken Jan 15, 2010

Just got off the phone with Backtofun. After a long discussion with Anthony Pace here is what happened:
    1) Anthony called and refused to identify the company he was calling from. After asking over and over he finally said RFB Marketing Inc. This company used to be called BacktotheCaribbean Inc, however changed their name to BacktoFun, Inc. They also operate as RFB Marketing. Anthony even said that they had to change the name to BACKTOFUN because people were not able to spell CARIBBEAN. The truth is that they have changed the name of the company due to complaints.

2)Anthony called back to talk with us. He has a prepared presentation to give- it sounds okay however there is a reason why you get over 3 weeks vacation for $498 (which includes 4 adults and unlimited children under 13).

3) Anthony then sends you to another employee who records the conversation. You have to pay the $498 upfront and then have up to 3 years to complete your reservations. After you pay the $498, then they will send you the details to read in approx 7 days (or so they say). If you read the paperwork, you can NOT get your money back unless you prove there was fraud (according to Jeremy Hinckley- the employee who we were passed off to).

Be WARE- you can't get your money back if after you read the details and find out you are not interested in all the disclaimers. They even stated that you do not have to listen to a presentation and there is no strings attached.

Below is the complaints on file with the Better Business Bureau. Keep in mind that these only reflected the complaints who people who take the time to go to the Better Business Bureau, not the ones that take other actions.

No. of Cmpl Type of Response
    3 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement
    0 Unanswered
    6 Unassigned
    112 Total

Keep in mind that these companies (BacktotheCaribbean, BacktoFun, or RFB Marketing) are NOT accredited with the Better Business Bureau.

Another address that they use: •PO Box 32313 SMB Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, KY1-1209

Remember the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it is!"

• Do
    Don't get taken Jan 15, 2010

Don't forget to check out the company rating at the Better Business Bureau C-
    Buyer be ware!

• Le
    Lewistonlad Jan 29, 2010

THIS IS A BAIT AND SWITCH operation. BEWARE. After entering a contest in a jewelry store in Alaska, some months later we received a call offering us the Back to Fun vacation package that was billed as "you have won a free trip". The free trip charge was $518. We knew it was a condo promotion offer, but it sounded like it would be interesting to see what they had to offer and stay for free at the same time. When we didn't receive anymore information about the package and our credit card was charged we tried to cancel. We spent months of correspondences with our credit card company and Back to Fun with no success of cancellation. Back to Fun finally sent the literature about the package and extended our time frame another 18 months. Now when trying to book the first leg of the package they have informed us that the locations offered are no longer available in Mexico or Puerto Rico. Instead of the first offered four star rated locations, they have substituted a run down hotel on a lagoon instead of the beach. The North American locations have also been changed to sub standard facilities. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

• Gu
    Guy Next Door Feb 15, 2010

Thanks to Don't get taken, the exact same thing just happened to me.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it is!"

If you are making a deal with this amount of money, you need some way to verify it's legitimacy. If the process prevents you from doing so, then that sounds an alarm.

This caller insisted to be on hold while I check and would not let me call him back.

It only took me less than 3 minutes to locate this site and knew right away to dismiss the call.

So, Steve E. or who ever you are. I was reading this while you were on hold.

• Us
    US50 Mar 30, 2010

Same story... purchased a vacation package from Back To The Caribbean. Mine was $518 with 18 moths to travel. At the time of purchase no mention of cancellation policy by voice or in documents. They said any date I wanted was "guaranteed" - no way. Months of unanswered phone calls and e-mails. Apparently after the name change "Back to Fun" they decied to tap the well again...got a return e-mail stating no refunds, then some weeks later, a call from Johne looking for more money to extend, with a special offer, added vacations!

Checked out the resorts, all in an older chain, mediochere at best, god-awful at worst. I'm not taking the chance.

Best bet is for all of us to flood the BBB and the FL Attorney General with complaints. Also the consulate or Board of Tourism of your intended destination.

• Ro
    Ross B. Fischer Apr 21, 2010

This is Ross Fischer. My wife is the President of Back to the Caribbean. It is not right when people say things that are not true just to disparage a company, or they say things when they dont know what they are talking about.

Everyone has a right to complain, and if there is a legitimate complaint and you are entitled to a refund, we will refund your money or make it right. Our company name is Back to the Caribbean. That is our legal dba. Our corporation is RBF Marketing Inc. dba as Back tot he Caribbean. We changed our website over 2 years ago to www.backtofun.com, because people would misspell Caribbean and say they could not find the site. So if you go to our website, you will see our company name is that same as it always has been, for the past 8 years.

In order to be a BBB "accredited" business, you have to pay an annual fee. We choose not to pay that. Neither does Sandals Resorts, nor many other companies.

The most important thing is that if someone has a legitimate complaint, we will make it good or give the money back. According to the BBB, out of 112 complaints with the BBB, only 3 did we refuse to give a refund or offer what the customer was wanting. Most of our complaints have to do with a partner relationship from June 2008 to June 2009, which was another company selling our product over the phone. There have only been 8 complaints the last 6 months. In the last 6 months, there are over 1400 packages owners, and 6 complaints.

If a complaint is real we will deal with it. More than one of these "complaints" is from one specific employee trying to make trouble for us because they were let go.

My email is [protected]@backtofun.com if you have a real complaint, please contact me and I will do whatever I can to make it right.

• Be
    be_prepared Jul 19, 2010

I was recently contact by Back to the Caribbean claiming that I won a "free" vacation that I entered while I was on another vacation in the Caribbean. Come to find out this was not so free after all. I had a pay $498 and this did not even include airfare. They offered me a bunch of choices for my vacation destination to entice and confuse me at the same time. Then told me I had to pay with credit card over the phone to secure this deal. Because I was given so much information over the phone, I requested this info be sent to me in writing. The kicker is that this caused the caller into panic and made some lame excuse that they were new to the company that would get someone else to assist me. The next caller laid it on thick and pointed me to their website and what a reputable company they were and insisting that this was legitimate and that the only way to secure this deal is by submitting my credit card and that I could cancel at anytime.

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is! Always ask for things in writing people and if they refuse or are hesitant, then chances are they have something to hide. Anybody can design a flashy website these days!

Thanks everyone for the heads up on this one. I google this website while the Back to the Carribean was trying to convince me they were legit. LOL!

Jorgensen Jul 30, 2010

We had been burned by travel clubs / "free trips" / timeshare stuff in the past so were really cautious and did a bit of research before accepting this deal. We only saw a few complaints, so we signed up a couple of years ago and used our first trip Jan 2010 to Sedona. I found the folks I talked to at the office to be very helpful and really nice. Seems even back then Back to Fun & Back to the Caribbean were linked sites, so I didn't see it as an issue. The timeshare we stayed at was nice, but not as nice as the one we toured owned by the same company, which was not a surprise to us, as we had been given information on both places prior to booking. Other than how horrible the tour people and our 90 min time turning into almost 3 hrs because they refused to take "No" for an answer and basically held us hostage to them signing off on the form. But that was the Timeshare people not BTTC.
    We haven't yet rec'd our next certificate that we were supposed to get after the trip, but I just got around to calling them today to let them know.
    A little disconcerting to reach a voicemail, but we will see what happens.
    Other than about 6 months of almost twice a month phone calls from the sales force even after we signed up trying to sell us like we had never been approached, all our experiences with this company have been positive. Hopefully, it will continue to be.
    It's the Timeshares that I have complaints about.

Strollen Nolan Sep 09, 2010

I blog AND .Ill keep you up to speed on the procedure, so far the people have been friendly and curiousness we got the call to day and recorded it ourselves .we have this phone type service as with any computer phone you can record, we will get the forms in the mail with in 7-14 days we will then book the next day we receive it if it can be booked ?It a date cannot be selected and booked in a short time, with in 30 DAYS WE WILL THEN CANCEL ON THE CREDIT CARD .so you have with in 45 to cancel, if the dates we choose cannot be booked it is a scam as we will choose three dates. they say they need 30 days notice. if we are not confirmed with in a short amount of time it will be canceled but we have faith that it will work out, and if it does we will bring friends who travel at least 5 times a year, They said on the phone that i didn't sound excited. well I have stayed in the best hotels in the world so ya I would have to be impressed.?you can add me on linked at chelsie Noland, in the tourist industry, ..Ive only ever gone to one time share, I didn't purchase it then, but it was like 16 years ago, and it was with another person i was just there but didn't do a stay, we drove up to a destination for a couple hrs and he took home a radio or some thing, I don't know that time shares are bad, or good with the economy they may be good if you can find a accessible destination and book your travel easily .Honestly if its a time share it would seem that they would want to book you fast and get you the dates you want fast becasue then you would be assured that if you purchase a travel share vacation destination that you would receive the dates you wanted, I read over some of the ABOVE Messages and who cant travel with in 18 months. Really ?We travel a lot, but Mexico is getting old, spent way to much time there. so I'm going to try to change the destination to Aruba or some thing else reasonable you can follow me on word press. Strollen Noland Follow me on travel pa Or strollen nolan INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL PA COOK ISLANDS PHOTO below now thats a vacation we will choose 10 14 days in Aruba or 10 days in punta cana 10 days in Cancun or 7 days in play del Carmen any time between the months of December and January who thinks that they will be able to book us for a reasonable amount of money or even book us at all

Strollen Nolan Sep 09, 2010

Did some one say Tim share, or scam ? Ill keep you up to speed on the procedure, so far the people have been friendly and nice AND REALLY TRIED TO MAKE US HAPPY, we were first frustrated becasue, I had to take the phone with me to the other room and get my credit card the second guy wouldn't even give his name as Jason was obviously not in the room with us as I obtained my card, I felt he was rude, but he called back and really tried to be nice, we got the call to day and recorded it ourselves .we have this phone type service as with any computer phone you can record, so He charged my card 299.00 and definitely did not say any thing additional would be charged tax ? specifically att he resort or any place else. we will get the forms in the mail with in 7-14 days we will then book the next day, I will send the dates and any money required or call to try to change the destination, IF a date cannot be selected and booked in a short time, with in 30 DAYS WE WILL THEN CANCEL ON THE CREDIT CARD .so you have with in 45 to cancel on your card and you can always disput charges maid to a card, but with all my travel around the world and all the wounderful people in the hospitality industry, honestly people in this industry really have service hearts and try to make people happy, or they wont last long in the hotel spot light, I have good faith that even if we don't like the resort we will like the staff. we have kinda been spoiled and have stayed in the best and most exclusive resorts, The pictures really didnt make the resort look great in cancun or cabo, if the dates we choose cannot be booked it is a scam becasue we are so availabel to so many dates it would be inpossible . we have alot of flexibility and can offer two complete open months . the top destination choice would be aruba if its a all inclusive then we might return time and time again . I have traveled all over the world and spent lots of time sailing the caribean but never been to Aruba, as we will choose TONS OF dates. they say they need 30 days notice. if we are not confirmed with in a short amount of time it will be canceled but we have faith that it will work out, and if it does we will bring friends who travel at least 5 times a year, They said on the phone that i didn't sound excited. well I have stayed in the best hotels in the world so ya I would have to be impressed.?you can add me on linked at chelsie Noland, in the tourist industry, ..Ive gone to one time share, I didn't purchase it then, but it was like 16 years ago, it was with another person who was invited I just showed up, we drove up to a destination for a couple hrs and he took home a radio or some thing, I don't have a opinion about a time shares, if its good or bad, Ive heard a lot of good things about them, what is bad is the airfare people say they can usually book air and all inclusive for really cheap so why buy a time share. unless you can obtain cheap flights . with the economy they may be good if you can find a accessible destination and book your travel easily .Honestly if its a time share it would make sense they would want to book you fast you get the dates you want fast, especially with the purpose of instilling faith that in the future you wont have problems booking., I read over some of the ABOVE Messages and who cant travel with in 18 months. Really ?We travel a lot, but Mexico is getting old, spent way to much time there. so I'm going to try to change the destination to Aruba or some thing else reasonable you can follow me on word press. Strollen Noland world INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL PA THEY SAY YOU CAN BOOK FOR 37 $ more a day per person ???

we will choose ( 15 days in Aruba )or (11 days in Punta Cana or the nicest resort in Dominican )(13 days in Cancun)or( 8 days in play del Carmen ) (any time) between the months of December and January

Who thinks that they will be able to book us for a reasonable amount of money or even book us at all ?????

http://chelsienoland.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/chelsie-noland…strollen-nolan/ or chelsie Kessler on linken

Comments

Strollen Nolan Sep 11, 2010

. So far I already have a problem I was told on the phone that this trip was for more nights all the information is on the web site phone contacts and email i wrote a request to the company via email for the dates and change f destination as the gentleman on the phone said i could. it was late Friday and the company is not open . they provide all the contact information you need, then I received as they said I would
    the email was just a confirmation of our conversation.about 24 hrs latter, the letter is below, I don't see anything unreasonable obout this it makes sense that if you cant travel with in the 18 months that there would be possible increases in prices and paperwork

Dear Back To The Caribbean Guest,

Congratulations on receiving this unbelievable offer! As promised, we are providing you with this valuable Vacation Package. There ARE NO CATCHES OR HIDDEN COSTS!

We are offering our special guests…
    ACCOMMODATIONS FOR TWO PEOPLE
    IN THE CARIBBEAN & UP TO FOUR PEOPLE IN THE US!
    You will be able to use your first 6 Days and 5 nights in…
    CANCUN
    This location will provide First Class accommodations for 2 people including the all-inclusive package for all of your meals, beverages, and non-motorized water activities. Call customer service for details regarding bringing additional guests.

And your second vacation consisting of…
    4 days and 3 nights hotel accommodations in your choice of 8 different US destinations, PLUS a bonus 3 days and 2 nights in over 20 additional US destinations. It’s your choice!

There are no obligations to purchase anything at anytime. You are receiving this package for the total cost of $299.00.

We are very pleased to be able to offer this exceptional promotion as part of our promotion to visit our timeshare resorts for a 90-minute tour while you’re vacationing on the property. Although we sometimes accept qualified referrals this is a one time offer.

We will reply to all reservation requests as soon as confirmation is received.

You will have up to 18 months to use the first leg of your vacation in the Dominican Republic and an additional 18 months to use the second portion in the US destinations. Upon your return from your first destination, contact customer service to receive your second vacation voucher. (If you are unable to travel in this time period, 12 month extensions are available for an additional $99.)

Strollen Nolan Sep 11, 2010

okay i read the letter incorrectly so so far its not a scam
    Day one I wrote to the company asking for different dates awaiting there response then with in 24 hrs we received

Day two I received my confirmation and it was for the 5 nights in Cancun as they said it was all the contact info was on the letter when u get the letter it highlights three days on the second trip and another letter for baco comes so its confusing two attachments,

• Pr
    Princess Di Sep 24, 2010

Back to the caribbean is NOT a scam... Me and my husband booked a trip with them 6 months ago to Dominican republic and had a great time and we stayed at the resort that we were told we will be staying at. Im glad i was chosen for this promotion. 80% off really helped and they helped me with airfare. Were actually going back next year. Of course when someone doesnt have a good time on vaction they want to say negative things about the company, its easier to say horrible things when ur upset then it is to say good things when u had great time.. Well im here to say i had a great time and plan on using Back to the Caribean for all my future vacations.

• Da
    David Schenk Nov 02, 2010

I contacted the company representative that sold us the package within a week (before we got our paperwork) and told them we did not feel safe traveling in Mexico and would not be using their service. We are still getting emails from the manager trying to talk us into changing our mind. They even offered another destination (Belez). We are not interested in a time share and they told us we didn't have to go to the time share meetings. I explained we are still not interested. The manager still wants a phone conversation to try to talk us into taking the offer. First off, we were told we won a trip. It is just a trap to get you to buy a time share. Th state of Florida gives 30 days from the time of purchase to cancel for a refund. I will be contacting the state of Florida and the Better Business Bureau to report this Company.

• Gt
    gtg991z Nov 28, 2010

I was just called. This is obviously a total and complete scam. They demanded that we give them a credit card number tonight on a cruise we would have 180 days to decide upon. They refused to allow my girlfriend and me a day or two to think it over. That is a dead giveaway. If that weren't enough, they also required that the CC# be given over the phone. Any legitimate company will have this sort of transaction online. I do not use a land line i.e. cell phones only as most people do nowadays, and I know better than to give out sensitive information over wireless. Online, you can check encryptions and have the peace of mind when it comes to security and printable receipts.

Don't get suckered in. Trust your instincts. When something seems too good to be true, it always is just that. Google "Back To The Caribbean" and the first auto-complete option that comes up is... "scam".

Staerker Dec 27, 2010

Just got a phone call from this company and I live in Northern Ireland and the guy on the phone read his script very well. After a few probing questions they were wanting us to make payment. Once we refused we were given this spiel how they are an accredited travel agent. Upon checking the website and I could not see any reference to asta on the website. After checking around to this website I have read the comments and would advise against anyone falling for this scam. Once I had refused to make payment they said that they will offer this great deal to someone else which says it all.

unhappytourist Feb 15, 2011

I'm another sucker. I have filed with my credit card, Better Business Bureau, and am next onto the Flordia Attorney General. I too never get answered phone calls, emails aren't returned, and I had the WORST phone call experience with them. I'm too mad to list the details now, but I am not stopping until I win this complaint. They are breaking their contracts, and should be closed down.