AutocheckFalse Records

Autoquest was selling a 2007 Porsche Targa via Ebay. The AutoCheck report with the car showed no accidents. However, I purchased a CarFax for the car and it showed there had been an accident and airbag deployment in 2007 which AutoCheck did not report. I had been told by others to always do a CarFax because autocheck was incomplete. I contacted the car dealership and they said "oh, this isn't good". They seemed surprised but my belief is they could tell the cart had been repaired. In future, i would recommend everyone get both carfax and Autocheck and not trust just autocheck or a car dealer that only uses autocheck.

• Ke
    Kest001 Sep 11, 2012

Just think how one feels when one finds out that one's garaged vehicle was in an accident upon trying to trade it in. My vehicle has never been in an accident but there is one on the report. These services seem to be a rip off and I can't seem to do anything to correct this issue. They claim to gather data but can't tell you where the accident report came from. What kind of data gathering is that? When is this going to stop...next thing you know we are going to have to buy score protection on the grass in our front yard..or maybe we can run a grass score to let the potential buyer know when the lawn was fed, what it was fed with, how green it is and of course weed problems.

• Pr
    Priusowner Oct 05, 2010

Got an Autocheck report on my car when I tried to sell it to Carmax, said "odometer rollback". Not so. The Carfax I pulled was correct. AC doesn't respond to emails. How do es one get these things corrected?

• Ad
    adfadsfasdfsadFanon123_2010 Sep 20, 2010

same as the previous complaint. I purchased the "unlimited" reports for 45 bucks. After 50 or so reports, the site disabled my user ID. it turns out that eventhough the advertisement states as "unlimited", it really is limited to 50 reports.

this the error

"Your Account Has Been Temporarily Disabled! Our records indicate that you have run the maximum number of vehicle history reports allowed without verification per our terms of service."

Note that it states that "without verification".

Tried writing to customer support and no reply for 4 emails. I gave my cell number for them to call and verify, and there is no reply or any contact whatsoever.
    I was in the middle of searching car and the account was disabled.

This really is cheating. there is no contact number to call autocheck, no replies for emails and no support whatsoever.

Beware of autocheck!!