ARCO AM/PMcustomer service

D

To whom it may concern,

My name is Don LaMora and I have been a loyal customer with ARCO Am/Pm gas stations since 1996 when, I moved from New York to California. I had an unusual experience on 02-25-2011 at approximately 1700 hours, (5:00pm) at your fueling facility located at 735 E street in Chula Vista California 91910, adjacent to the Chula Vista Trolley station. I pulled my vehicle up to pump #10 as the traffic in the fueling lanes were extremely busy. I was able to pull my vehicle into fueling lane #10 with the passenger side of the vehicle facing the pump. I realized that my fuel tank was located on the driver side of the vehicle. Because traffic was so busy, I was able to maneuver my vehicle close enough to the pump, so that I could stretch the hose across the back of my vehicle to begin fueling.

My wife who was with me swiped our debit card and turned the fueling pump on so that I could proceed to refuel my vehicle. As I was refueling the vehicle, Store Clerk Employee (Carlyne) exited the convenient store of the business and proceeded to shout in an inappropriate manner, " I'm going to charge your debit card $200.00 dollars " I looked around not knowing if she was acknowledging me. Employee Carlyne approached me and with her right hip, bumped into me and pushed me away from refueling my vehicle. Employee Carlyne proceeded to take hold of the fueling pump in an unsafe manner and pulled the nozzle from my fuel tank and proceeded to hang the pump up turning off the fuel pump.

With no explanation Employee Carlyne proceeded to walk back into the store flaring her arm in the air and making derogatory statements to which I could not clearly understand or make out. I looked around your facility, to see if had pulled my vehicle into the fueling lane incorrectly and maybe that's why the employee did what she did. I did not observe any signs or posted facility notices stating that you could not refuel your vehicle in such a manner. I also observed in the fueling lanes that there were no painted or distinct markings on the ground stating that you had to pull your vehicle in any such manner. I turned my vehicle around so that I could continue to refuel my vehicle as I was leaving San Diego and heading to Yuma Arizona for a family emergency. As if my time and stress levels were not pressed already, your employee now delayed my departure from San Diego even more.

My wife went into the store to inquire on why the Employee took such action towards us and wanted to know why the pump was turned off as we were only able to pump 3 gallons of fuel before the Employee hung up the pump. Employee Carlyne and the Manager on staff proceeded to ignore my wife as they whispered towards one another. Both Employees had a large amount of people in line for transaction. My wife again continued to attempted to gain one of the clerks attention. Finally my wife was able to get the Managers attention and asked why the Employee Carlyne felt she needed to delay our departure and turn our pump off as we were not completed with our transaction. To no success the Manger was not able to give us an explanation and quickly apologized for Employees Carlyne's actions.

The Manager on staff provided my wife with a free car wash and .45 cents for the inconvenience of us having to use our debit card again to turn the pump back on to complete our transaction. I completed my transaction with your facility and was extremely upset with the Employees un professionalism and the Managers lack of attention on trying to provide my wife and I with an informative explanation. I returned to the establishment to inquire on how I would go about making a formal complaint a few days later. I spoke with the night time clerk who was of middle eastern descent. He was unhelpful and lacked customer service skills. He advised me to return to the store when the Employee Carlyn was on duty and confront her than. He explained to me that it would cost me 200.00 dollars if, I pumped my fuel in such a manner and drove off breaking the fuel pump. I explained to the clerk that in all my years of driving and refueling vehicles, I did not know that you could not refuel on the opposite side of your vehicle. The clerk replied " are you kidding me, every body knows that "

I felt his remarks were quit sarcastic and unprofessional. I have been driving a vehicle for approximately 17 years from the east coast to the west coast and never experienced such an incident or ever drove off breaking a fuel pump. I am very displeased with the actions of the Employees servicing this location and I am contemplating weather to seek legal counsel for a possible civil law suit against this particular establishment. If the severance cameras are in operation, I'm sure my complaint could be verified by the video footage. Please contact me via E-mail ([protected]@yahoo.com)

Don LaMora

ARCO Customer3/11/2011

• Da
    David Ira Bell Jul 27, 2020

My name is David Ira Bell I was attacked by a man and his dog at the south main street Red Bluff Ca 96080. locatioin on South main st. I take out the trash for the the Sub Way sand which shop. Also the police are trying to confuse me in what happened and the employess are changing there storys about what happened. I beleave this matter was premeditated. please contact the Red Bluff police department Red Bluff Ca 96080. or [protected] Thank you

• La
    Landship4 Mar 27, 2016

At a station located n Roseville on Foothill Blvd I put $20.00 cash into the machine, it accepted the money and it said pump 9 was ready. This was at approximately 11:30AM Sunday March 28th. I went to pump pushed the middle button for midgrade. Green light came on but the digital readout from previous customer did not clear. It would not allow me to pump the gas. I went inside to talk to whoever was in charge. He came out an asked me if I had put the money and I advised yes. He managed to get a receipt out and questioned me as to whether or not I had pumped the gas. I assured him I did not and he called his boss. He stated his boss was off today and that I should return the next day to resolve it. I advised him no that I had paid for my gas and I wanted it today as I was on empty and in a hurry. Why should I have to come back due to sytem problem with their pump. We went back and forth for several minutes and finally the employee in order to clear the problem paid with his personal card. He still insisted that I come back the next day to talk to his boss. I said why should I have to. I am not stealing anything and no reason for me to come back. He asked for my nam and number and I refused that also. When I refused he said not to come back to this station.

• Ri