AntiVirus XP 2008Antivirus program fraud

T

While in the process of renewing Norton Antivirus program, Antivirus XP 2008 Popped up and the problems elevated from this point. It prompted three charges $49.95 for Antivirus XP 2008, Alpha Wipe Tracks cleaner 2008 $34.95, Premium Support $24.95 for a total of 3 items in the package for a grand total of $109.85. The billing was for Vince Marshall, 953 Hornet Drive, Virginia Beach, VA.

anthony robert case Jul 22, 2008

This company fraudulently took £100 out of my account. they advertised there product for £20 didn't tell you there was a product help desk that cost you £80 there product was a rip off didn't work asked for my money back and got this address to complain too. Please look into this and e-mail me with your reply heres hoping you can do something about these companies. I have seen hundreds on the web sites complaining about this product.

Anderson Chiles Jul 24, 2008

Unreal! This happend to me only i was just charged for antivirus xp 2008 which i found out is a rogue anti-spyware program. I finally removed it after doing some google searching and looking for a method that was free. I followed one of the removal guides http://www.spyware-techie.com/antivirusxp-2008-how-to-remove-antivirus-xp-2008/

Wish i could sue these boogers for taking my money. My credit card company has an open ticket on the issue as of now.

• Bj
    bjschanen Aug 01, 2008

onebills keeps billing me for software I have told them I do not want. After weeks of trying to get my money back they have only reimbursed me 1/3 of what they charged me. on top of this, they charged me several times!!! I am still out over $100 ! There is no net page for onebills.com or customer support as they claim. It is bogus. Their product only messed my computer up more and infected it more.

• Al
    Albatross Aug 06, 2008

This program sucks! I removed it by running msconfig, removing the app from startup, and then deleting the program files from c:program files. Worked great!

• Rk
    RK Aug 08, 2008

I have to concur 100% with the above 2 complaints. These program is a real rip off. It appears to pop up, ( and suck the memory out of your computer ) right around the time Norton is up for renewal. ( I guess you really don't own your own computer, someone else has the right to control it, when ever they feel like it )

It hijacks your desktop picture with their's - "Warning - Spyware detected on your computer. Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer."

I order the program for $59.95. Just as I hit the submit button, I scroll just below the the screen fold, and I see 2 add on sales, for $39.95 & $29.95, that have already been checked, and for which I have not authorized to include. So now the total bill is $129.85.

After the 48 hours, I call my credit card company, and they say that it has not been posted yet, so they can't do anything about it.

The program comes on at start up, and takes about 20 to 30 minutes to run it's scan ( during which the computer is slowed down so much, you might as well do something else, because you can't use it, with any efficiency) .

I look on the site for an email to contact them, but you have to use their web form, and I do. It says that someone will be in touch within 48 hours. It has now been about 72 hours, and no one has contacted me.

The scan lists all the viruses that I have on the computer, the first scan showed 39, and they were removed, the next day, it showed 9, ( with little use on the machine that day ) some marked as "severe" or "critical"

So, now I am thinking, how is it that my machine was running fine, before I had this program, and now it is running the ###.

When it finished it's scan, it sometimes, brings up the "Blue Screen of Death" the old DOS screen, and you have to re-boot, and have it start over again.

So, I am uninstalling it now. It appears to be comparable to putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

RK

• Ti
    Tina Aug 09, 2008

Honestly, at first when I thought my computer was infected with virus, spywares, and adwares, I thought Antivirus XP 2008 was the answer to my problem. However, after I purchased the software, I started to notice that the software didn't help at all what so ever. Instead of preventing the virus, it causes my computer to froze and stop working. To add on, the customer service line doesn't seem to work at all. It just hang up after a few options. What kind of customer service is that??? I would not recommend anyone, I mean ANYONE, this software.

• St
    Stephanie Aug 19, 2008

I had a virus installed on my computer & immediately Antivirus popped up saying for only $49.95 it would correct the problem. Upon the purchase, I specifically clicked the buttons that I did not want the extra tracks cleaner or this "support" that they offered, yet they charged me anyways. After spending a 1/2 hour on the phone getting NO WHERE, I sent them an email. Instead of fixing the problem, they told me the benefits of the tracks cleaner. I have sent several email trying to remove this charge and have yet to see any results. Under no circumstances did I want this and yet they have not remove it. Here is the order #CS-[protected]

• Fa
    Faith Aug 29, 2008

Have you tried contacting the Better Business Bureau, I am having a similar problem with Antivirus 2008. Realizing it was a rougue software...after the fact:0(, the first thing I did was contact my bank to dispute the charges. However, I was informed it could take up to 3 months (Minimun!) for my dispute to be processed. So, in the meantime I am contacting the BBB hoping they will be quicker.

Hope it works out.
    Faith

• Do
    Doris Gibbons Sep 21, 2008

I have tryed again to get in touch with www.software-payment.com but it appeares to dissapeared now. so I still wont get my money back. It has certainly given me a lesson ? because I also tryed another firm which crashed my computor completely. Now I look at every product before thinking of buying and installing

Many thanks
    Doris

jay Sep 21, 2008

antivirus needs to ### off because it keeps on popping up and getting in the way

jay Sep 21, 2008

its ###ing annoying

Margaret A. Swanson Sep 27, 2008

thanks to Tina and Jay took the time to warn we gullable souls about this very annoying product.

you havesaved me money and obviously aggravation!

Marg in Canada