Andrea DowlingAiredale terrier puppy flea infestation, seattle

We just received our puppy and I have never dealt with a worse case of fleas before with any animal. I reached out to her about it and she will not respond. We have tried baths, picking off all the eggs, flea collar and none seem to work. The puppy was really dirty when I received it and obviously not taken care of. It's a shame because the dog was shipped via airplane and I cannot do anything about it. I am very disappointed that a puppy I paid good money for is in such bad shape.

• Br
    Bruce King Dec 01, 2016

what distance was the puppy shipped? If it is in a crate for more than a few hours it may have pissed or crap in the crate and gotten smeared in it during shipping.
    I have shipped animals and generally speaking you have to check them in 2 hours prior to the flight, the flight has some sort of time that it takes, and then it can take an hour to get the animal out of baggage claim, so even a short flight of 1 hour a pup can be in a kennel for 4 to 6 hours. Which is a long time for a pup.