Amigo Energybreach of contract

D

Amazing - I have never seen such a ripoff - I tried like everyone else to get a bill or rate from Amigo Energyy after I was forced from National Power Company to Amigo Energy. I am under contract with NPC that states they cannot raise the rate by more than 10%, so you imagine my surprise when I finally received a double bill with an apology that NPC clients had not received a previous bill and get this would get a $15 credit next month - the rate had changed from 0.125 to 0.2469 per kwh. Oh - I received 8/12/08 and have until 8/15/08 to pay by mail or money order to avoid a further late fee of $32.
I think I will send them the amount I would have paid NPC stating this completes my contractural obligations.

Receiving a bill seems to coincide with my request to transfer to another provider. I have filed a complaint with PUC. Lets see- this seems like a common practice.

Alan Aug 12, 2008

Similar story here as well. I got a letter saying I was supposed to contact Amigo and chose one of their plans after I was transferred from National Power. The problem was that they never answered their phone and I could not access my account online using the account number they provided to me. Just got my bill today that was twice the amount I expected. I'm not paying a dime to this ripoff organization. I've filed a camplaint with PUC and will contact the attorney general and BBB as well.

NoSpam Aug 13, 2008

Problems here as well. Amigo didn't have a previous meter reading for me, so they assumed it was 0 and are now charging me for the full amount read by my meter at 24.69/kwh. They tried to pass it off as a problem with my meter and said it was a valid bill that I have to pay. They said that IF it was later found to be inaccurate that it would be handled as a refund. I don't want to pay the overage because I think I'll never see the refund. I am currently trying to find out what are my rights when the usage is in dispute like this. Will probably consult with a lawyer and file complaints with BBB and PUC. Want to take a guess how soon Amigo is going to go bankrupt like NPC?

NoSpam Aug 13, 2008

One more note... put through an emergency priority switch. Waive your right to ERCOT notification of the change of provider and request an out of cycle meter read. And go with a stable company with good customer service. My change was accomplished in 8 days instead of the regular 30-45 days and it only cost me a fee of $6 for the meter read.

Alan Aug 13, 2008

No luck with the BBB. They don't handle disputes about pricing. I will submit another complaint about the level of customer service since I was involuntarily switched to their service and could not get in contact with them by phone or internet..

• Mi
    Mike in Cypress Aug 13, 2008

I have the identical scenario: was switched from National Power unknowingly and now have a 24cent rate bill of which I will pay nothing. They gladly told me it will go on my credit in 45 days and I will gladly accept that rather than pay them a dime.

• Li
    Lisa Aug 13, 2008

I suggest you all truly read a terms of service agreement before getting into a huff. Sounds to me like you all went a good 60+ days and didn't pay anyone for your power yet now want to complain??? Should have saved up some money in that time you weren't paying ANYONE for power. You could probably pay now.

NoSpam Aug 13, 2008

To the comment above: Don't throw stones without knowing the full story. I am fully aware of the terms. I have no problem paying a reasonable fee for the services I received. The problem is that the TDSP screwed up and didn't read the meter since installation, then NPC went under and dumped us on Amigo, then Amigo decided to delay billing until they could jump the rates through the roof on customers that they couldn't bully into signing a contract, and billed customers 24.69/kwh for service provided months earlier when rates were much less. So I've ended up with a bill for service from April (when the meter was installed) through June at 24.69/kwh. Now I DO have a problem with (1) paying for electricity used by those who were here before me, (2) paying twice the rate I signed up for, and not the rate that was in effect when the service was actually provided, and (3) having to rely on a crooked and corrupt company to issue me a refund, during which time they'll probably leave the market just like NPC did. Not to mention the fact that many of us signed up with NPC and never authorized a switch to Amigo. So yes, WE HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

• Li
    Lisa Aug 13, 2008

We've been customers of Amigo since mid 2006 not one single problem. Be upset at the "cheap" provider you went with that is now no longer in business for obvious reasons. You could have been sent to POLR and paid .30cents AND been ask to pay a deposit. TX has many choices, pick one and stop complaining.
    If you are upset with the TDSP then gripe at them.
    We refer multiple people to amigo who are also happy customers.
    Wish you all the best in your search for a new provider.

Javier Aug 14, 2008

I support the right of anyone to freedom of speech. That's what these sites are here for. But condoning, accepting or supporting unethical business behavior is what has gotten this country to the state that it is - a corporatocracy with horrible customer service. Just laying down and taking it, as suggested, only gives the company permission to go on and do worse to the next guy.

I have to wonder if some of the comments were left by an Amigo employee?

Larry P Aug 14, 2008

I got a letter from NPC about the switch, saying that we were being transferred to Amigo who would provide great service, etc. Relian is my POLR, not Amigo. So I asume in an amicable trade agreement that Amigo would honor the pricing (or at the very least offer competitive pricing or their published pricing) to the transferred NPC customers. Instead, they delayed billing and charged an exorbitant, non-competitive rip-off rate. If I was a ### and wanted to pay that, I would not have switched myself over to NPC. Any reasonable person would assume that their interests would be protected in the handoff from one to another when it is presented as a service and benefit to the customer to stick with the transfer provider. I did not receive a letter advertising rates, recommending finding another provider, nor was I switched to POLR. Instead, I was scammed over to another company, Amigo, who's trying to make a quick and dirty HIGHLY UNETHICAL buck off me. What a joke. I have Excellent credit, but I will willingly not pay this bill and take them to court over it before I hand over hundreds of dollars in over charges from thsi company. I would advise everyone, there are thousands of us, to keep an eye for a class action lawsuit. OR take the matter into your own hands and file a Small Claims Court lawsuit for deceptive trade practice. They should at the very least adjust your bill to a comparable rate or one of their published competitive rates. You should stand for no less. This POS company makes me sick. Have some scruples or ethics! They chose to go for the quick kill rather than attempt to keep the thousands of customers that fell into their lap. Typical, short-sighted, rape the customer mentality from some of the lousiest companies and CEOs in this country. I am apalled. But I will get my money's worth in Small Claims Court if they don't willingly adjust the bill. I have to keep calling, though, because all I get is a busy signal...

Larry P Aug 14, 2008

Here's info if you want to stop by in person. Also, if the 888 toll free # doesn't work for you, as it didn't for me, try this number below. This is the Administrative line. You can get to customer service or even try to speak to management.

Amigo Energy
    2650 Fountain View Dr
    Houston, TX 77057
    Phone : [protected]

Debbie Aug 14, 2008

I am very unhappy about this situation, too. Since I was unable to get through to Amigo after I was involuntarily switched from NPC, I changed my service to Gexa. But that switch took 30 days to occur. I just received a bill for May 30-June 27 from Amigo at a rate of 0.2419. I called [protected] and amazingly got through to a supervisor in 5 minutes. He said I was mistakenly charged the 0.2419 rate for July. He said I should have been charged the 0.1888 rate for June. He would not give me the lower rate of 0.162 for May. He made an adjustment to my account for the lower rate and June saving me a little over $100. I still feel cheated. This is still my highest bill EVER in a month that wasn't too hot and with average usage.

• Mi
    Mitchell Aug 14, 2008

Debbie, who did you talk to at Amigo? I am in the same situation, service ended in June but I'm getting charged the (unethically higher) rate for July. I didn't think that was legal.

Allen C Aug 14, 2008

I am also transfered to Amigo Energy by National Power Company with a simple notification without mentioning anything about the rate. I also never receive anything regarding the rate or bill from Amigo Energy until yesterday (8/13). To my surprise, I was charged with a rate (24.69) about 50% higher than I used to pay to National Power for two months (June and July). However, I notice that the rate Amigo charges is posted only until July 1, 2008. How can Amigo charges customer a later posted rate on a earlier reading?
    When National Power informed us regarding the change of provider, we normally assume that everything (including the rate) should stay the same or at least similiar. That is the common practice in business world in Texas or in the United States. I feel I have been purposely delayed the bill, and charged an exorbitant, non-competitive rip-off rate too.
    I am eagerly to join the class action against Amigo Energy if they refuse to do the business in a honest way by following a common practice of the business world, OR I am considering to file a Small Claims Court lawsuit for deceptive trade practice as suggested by Larry P.
    I would like to see someone come forward to lead us and take some action together!

• Ka
    Kal Aug 15, 2008

AMIGO ENERGY IS CROOKED. I GOT A TRANSFER NOTICE TO AMIGO FROM NPC. I IMMEDIATELY SWITCHED TO ANOTHER PROVIDER. AMIGO REFUSED TO SEND ME A BILL FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS AND THEN THEY SEND ME ONE FOR .24 kwh VS THE .11 I WAS PAYING. WHEN YOU TRY TO CALL THEM NO RESPONSE. HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH CHEATS LIKE THIS ?? MY BILL IS $406 FOR A SINGLE MONTH.

Allen C Aug 15, 2008

Looks like we all should let media including tv and newspaper know the redicular situation involving National Power and Amigo Energy, how so many customers being rip-off. I believe this event possesses the character of a good news report.

greg Aug 15, 2008

I too was one of the people that Amigo took over my NPC account. There is a binding Terms of Service that indicates that they can not raise the rate more than 10% without sending out a new Facts Label. Neither NPC nor Amigo ever adhered to that stipulation. Amigo still supplies the NPC Terms of Service Agreement on their website as the binding agreement for their rate plan of NPCVAR. So, they not only have accepted it they have also continued it.

So, there is no way in the world that they can legally raise the rate more than 10% above your old rate since the assumed the accounts instead of letting the fall to POLR. When you assume a customer it also comes with the agreement that is in place.

Did Amigo mess up and make a bad decision taking over the NPC variable accounts? Probably but, the did and that's not my fault.

I was at 12.5 w/ NPC which means they shouldn't charge more than 13.75 until that new Facts label arrives.

I was supposed to get a return call from Sam Serrano of Amigo Energy today but, the call never came. Surprise.

I have also copied their websites source code to a file along with the Terms of Service .pdf that they are using in case they start deleting stuff. I recommend others do the same thing.

I have also filed a complaint with the PUCT today.

greg Aug 15, 2008

To further the information that I posted above.

In this news article cached by google, it states that the PUC reports that the NPC variable rate customers will be transfered to Amigo at the same rate.

" The change won't interrupt electric service, and National Power customers being switched to Amigo will be on the same rate plan, according to the PUC.

Those switched to their provider of last resort likely will have much higher rates. "

So, even the PUC had the understanding from the talks with NPC that the variable rate customers would be brought over at the same rate.

Amigo's lawyers missed a very, very key statement in the Terms of Service where it states that rates can't go up more than 10% per month.

Marco Aug 18, 2008

Same here. Like many of you who got transfer to Amigo from NPC. I got the billing statement on 08/15/2008 and to my surprise a .2419 kwh usage charge. What? Are you kidding me!!! From being .125 to .2419 just unfuk... believable. I call the customer service which took me about 12 minutes to get someone and he couldn't tell me ### that I already knew! At first I was going to pay the bill 281.80 but after reading all the complains (above) I definitely would not pay a dime. What a joke this company is! Let me know if you guys are in a lawsuit so we can put our minds together or atleast exchange names and numbers and put them into one!

• Je
    Jesse Aug 18, 2008

I got screwed the same as everyone else on this page. Please, please, please take the time and file a complaint here:

Marco Aug 18, 2008

also here www.oag.state.tx.us (Texas Attorney General)

• Ut
    Utsav Agarwal Aug 18, 2008

Same situation here. From about .14/KWH to .24/KWH without notice and on 1st bill. It hurts espeically more coming in the hottest month.

1) How do we get this company to go out of business so that they stop scamming us here in Texas.
    2) I can contribute towards a class action lawsuit.
    3) I called customer service and they claim they can't do anything to reduce the rate even though they are charging the other variable rate customers 19.9 cents (which is already very high).

I am going to file an official complaint with PUCT and AG's office as some of the other commentors mentioned.

Larry Aug 18, 2008

I was also switched from national power to amigo. My bill was $528.00 for 28 days of service. I call the PUC . I was told that the fixed rate from nat power was suppose to be honored for one billing cycle, then go to a variable rate. I tried to call amigo for 3 days the line was busy. I finally emailed them. I have not heard from them yet. I can't believe the PUC got us into this mess. They have safe guards on the front end to prevent unauthorized swithcing but the door is wide open on the back end, we have very little protection. I think that fly by night compaines are allowed to enter our market with low teaser rates and can't survive. They then leave the market and leave us in a mess. I've decided to go with TXU or Reliant energy. I'd rather pay a little more and have stability than play with the teaser rates. The PUC also said that the rate charges is not a complaint they handle but they allowed me to be switched into this rate with out my permission. If anyone get any positive results from amigo please keep us in formed. I called my state rep. who refered me to the PUC. What can we do to get the PUC who regulates these compaines to provide us with better protection when compaines leave the market. I was also told that the complaints sent to the PUC don't go up the chain, they are handled on a lower level. I will however file a complaint with the PUC and the BBB. I wish the tv/newspaper would put some heat on this issue.

• Je
    Jesse Aug 19, 2008

I am in the same boat as everyone else here, getting screwed by Amigo Energy. I just got off the phone with an Amigo customer service representative, after being on hold for over 30 minutes. He said my bill needed to be "adjusted" to a rate of $0.188/kWh. (from the original appalling $0.2419) After I complained that this is still 50% higher than my previous rate of $0.125 (from NPC), and that it was a breach of contract to charge over 10% higher than the previous rate, he said that is the best he could do.

So at least they are getting some pressure to back off from the $0.2419 rate, but it is still not good enough. It is amazing to me that they will risk not getting paid at all over being fair and honoring the terms of the NPC contract (at least for a month or two.) The right thing to do would be to charge 10% higher than the $0.125 rate, which comes to $0.1375, which is in the range of what they are charging their contract customers.

They are still trying to stick it to NPC customers, as most of them are upset enough that they are leaving Amigo anyway.

• Wh
    whiz Aug 19, 2008

Another victim of Amigo and NPC. I am not going to pay at $0.2469 that was sent to me. I was only with them for 15 days but still it was a lot of money.

I have filed a complaint with PUC. Mine is not a fixed rate contract. But even with variable rate, I dont think they can increase by more than 10%.

Looks like PUC responds in 21 days. Has anyone (either fixed or variable) got a positive outcome from PUC yet?

Another point is, are they going to charge the late fee if I approach PUC and stop paying? When I talked to a lady at PUC, they said, I can choose not to pay until I get the outcome from PUC.

I did reach Amigo customer service and they are useless anyway. I think for people who are still with Amigo, they are renegotiating a price(18.8 cents that someone told).. But they haven't tried to do that as I have already cancelled my account with them. For the 15 days that I had an extra bill of atleast $60.

NoSpam Aug 20, 2008

Wanted to let everyone know what I have found out...

If you have switched to another company with whom you are in good standing, Amigo cannot have your service disconnected.
    Amigo cannot turn your account over for collections as long as your PUC complaint is being investigated.
    PUC advises only paying the amount of the bill that is in dispute while a complaint is being investigated.

denetra burrell Aug 21, 2008

Wow, I cant believe how many people have been screwed by Amigo and NPC. I too never recieved a bill until i got a disconnect notice in July. It had doubled, and that was only for 5 days! When I tried to call and get on some sort of payment plan, I was told no. I also filed a complaint with the BBB. I still havent been credited for the disconnect or reconnect fees. The customer service @ Amigo is horrible.
    DD

• Tr
    Tracy Aug 21, 2008

I have filed a complaint at PUCT last week and received a letter from PUCT saying they are investigating Amigo, and Amigo is required to submit a formal response to the investigation within 21 days.
    I think I am not required to pay before I receive more information from PUCT then.
    Anyway, I urge you all to do the same.

• Ky
    Kyle Aug 22, 2008

Same story as the rest of you, but my bill was $1, 680. I filed a complaint with the PUC and the Attorney General. Tempted to pay the amount with my American Express and then dispute the charge to keep it off my credit report.

• Vi
    Vicim of AMIGO ENERGY BILLING Aug 22, 2008

I have the exact same problem with AMIGO ENERGY. Last May 30th NPC silently dropped my Houston account to Amigo Energy without any prior notice. About a week later they sent letter citing this handover. I called N.P.C. immediately, no one is there. Then I called AMIGO ENERGY, no one answers the phone or the line is always busy at different day times. That was big red flag so then I called TXU Energy to switch without further delay.

Apparently the switch in Texas took 2 months and 2 months later AMIGO Energy sent me a bill of $739 which is completely outrageous considering my bill for two months last year for the exact time and exact same or less usage was never more than $300.00 with NPC.
    That is a $439 overcharge by AMIGO a company, the company I never switched to in the first place.

Moreover, their bill shows a initial bill for 3 days of first billing cycle as $105, just for first 3 (THREE DAYS), obviously someone at AMIGO is making up false meter reading in addition to overcharge with extremely higher rate.
    This is a clear case of extortion, fraud, unfair business practice, breach of contract, violation of fair trade consumer rights...
    Several email to AMIGO Customer Service email (LISTED IN THE BILL) went unanswered.
    After several days of trial, a CS rep on the phone spent hour researching and came back to say she issued a credit adjustment of $60.00 from a $739 bill for two months they were able to extort customers they took over from N.P.C. Is it a joke??

How can they do this kind of business in Texas??

Debbie Aug 23, 2008

NPC went out of business because they couldn't keep up the rates they were offering because the market price had been going up, if you do a little research Amigo is not entitled to serve you under the same terms as NPC...why? because they are TWO DIFFERENT COMPANIES, another thing...you feel screwed up because you are being charged 24c per KWH for a variable rate, even if Amigo offers rates cheaper than that on their fixed rates, they can't offer you that because it requires a contract and is ilegal to sign you up for a contract when you didn't agree...Amigo Energy is another victim of NPC, when they made the transtion A LOT of information was missing, that was later provided by NPC and caused bills to be sent out late, Amigo Energy still has to charge for that electricity...because...guess what! IT HAS BEEN ALREADY USED and Amigo Energy paid the same rate you were billed for because is based on the DAILY market price, sorry about your situation but you would still have to pay that, is up to you if you don't...IS JUST COMMON SENSE!

Debbie Aug 23, 2008

ohhhhhhh just so you know i was a NPC customer who DID A LOT of research, i was aware of the change ON TIME and prevented the high rate by signing up for a contract, which is very cheap and i was offered an incentive which i was delighted with...feel sorry for the lazy a$$es of you that don't pay just because you didn't get a bill...i mean come on, 2 months WITHOUT an electric bill and then you get one and complain because you THOUGHT you didnt OWE ANYTHING???? GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK

• Pi
    PissOnAmigo Aug 24, 2008

Amigo is crap. I got screwed just like everybody else. Was a variable customer with NPC. Got a letter in beginning of June (dated May 30) from NPC telling me that I was being transferred to Amigo and everything was going to be the same and that I would be receiving a letter from Amigo. Then I get a letter from Amigo saying that Terms & Agreements would be the same but I should get with them to set up a fixed rate. Couldnt get anyone on the phone, at NPC or Amigo. I received my 2 months (and a few days) of bills this past week. Put a call in to Amigo, have not heard back from a supervisor, all Customer service could tell me was that it was the "current rate". My emails have not been returned, and the BBB is "contacting the company". Whoever was able to get them to negotiate a lower price per Kwh... who did you call / talk to?

Oh, and Debbie (above), for all of us "lazy a$$es", How exactly do you expect someone to "research" a company and the issues if we cannot get in touch with the companies??? Cant get through on phone, wont return emails. How about not coming to the COMPLAINTS BOARD and taking your PMS rage out on people complaining... go figure, people complaining about a company on a complaints board... who'd of thunk it... people have already said they made many efforts to contact the company.

GregG Aug 25, 2008

Hey Debbie, Amigo accepted the accounts for all National Power customers and did not act as a POLR in that agreement. Therefore, they are held responsible for the terms of service agreement that was in place for the account. You ninny, the same terms of service is being posted on the Amigo Energy website for the Amigo Energy rate plan of NPCVAR.

Also, they told the Public Utility Commission of Texas that they had full intentions of honoring the terms of service for the National Power VARIABLE rate customers. It is documented in the press release from the PUC.

"Customers that were on a variable rate plan with National Power are being switched to Amigo Energy, which is not a POLR. Amigo has agreed to honor the terms of the customer’s plan with National Power."

This is a link to Amigo Energy's website where they are still publishing and associating the National Power Terms of Service for their own rate plan of NPCVAR:

which is linked on this page:

So, did Amigo miss the "fine print" that usually hurting the consumer but, in this instance ended up hurting the supplier? Probably, or they are just stupid. I don't think that you get to be a large company that is worth millions of dollars by being stupid so, I'll leave it as just a plain old oversight on their part. It still doesn't relinquish them from the mistake though.

GregG Aug 25, 2008

Sam Serrano and Alexis Jegegeme (sp?) are the Customer Service floor supervisors. If you can stay on hold long enough to speak to a human, just request to speak to either of them and not bother with the person that answers the phone. Really Sam and Alexis don't have or won't use the authority to adjust your june bill below 19.9 cents/kWh . I don't know about July because I wasn't an Amigo customer past June.

• Tr
    Tracy Aug 25, 2008

Amigo is in the news:

• Ro
    Rose Aug 25, 2008

I too was screwed by Amigo Energy, I did switch as soon as I found out on June 3, and was told that I was too late to do an emergency switch because three days had already passed. I was told I would be switched on 06/16/08 by an Ercot postcard which did not tell me who I was being switched to. I was then sent a letter by Amigo Energy on or around 06/30/08 that said that I was switched to them on 06/24/08 for a varialbe rate. I had been on a fixed rate plan for 12.9 kwh for two years with NPC which wasn't up yet. I called Amigo Energy on 07/24 08 and asked them when I was switched to which they replied that I was switched on 07/24. I then asked them how much I would owe because I hadn't gotten a bill yet. They replied " We are behind on our billing for the month of June and you will get your bill when we do our billing for that month". On 08/13/08 I finally got my bill, it was excessively high at 24 cents per kwh and I called their office again. It was busy within a three day period. I then wrote out a check for half of the payment, sending a letter informing them I am on Social Security and the bill was too much for me to pay with high medical bills and bills from the other electric company. They cashed the check on 08/21/08. On 08/25/08 much to my surprise, I got a call from a collection agency, informing me that they were from Amigo Energy and I was delinquent in paying my bill and he needed my credit card number to pay it. Of course I told that collector what was what. They were demanding the full amount over the phone after they had cashed my check for half. I found out later that it is illegal to sick a collector on someone before the due date of a bill. I must say that there are some people on here who don't know what they are talking about, and when Amigo dumps because of all the problems Amigo is having, don't come crying to us.

• Ho
    Hornet Aug 26, 2008

I posted a complaint a few days ago on this site and continue to try and talk with someone at Amigo. Guess what...they will not return my email request (2 times) nor my written request (2 times). I refuse to pay their rates and have only sent in the amount that I would have paid with NPC. My story is identical to many of you above. What I have done is filed a complaint with the BBB, PUC, Office of the Attorney General and KHOU 11 Houston. I would recommend the same to all. If we can get the local media involved I think it will put the pressure on Amigo and resolution by the PUC or Office of the Attorney General.

Janice Aug 29, 2008

I'm in the same boat. I filed complaints (below) with the PUC, BBB, & the Attorney General.

I was switched from NPC to Amigo Energy as NPC was going out of business. By the time I found out, I had already been with Amigo for a couple weeks. I reviewed my options & decided to switch to Reliant Energy. Because I did online, they had to wait until month end to switch me (wish I had known). Amigo started me at $.165 (bad enough) & increased me to $.24 after the 1st month. Then I received my 1st bill a month late (after emailing them that I had not received it) with a note that former NPC cust. may not have received their 1st bill. They extended due date. I paid the bill before due date, then emailed them that I had not received my 2nd bill. Today (8 days after alleged bill due date), I receive call from a collection agency wanting to collect for Amigo. I never received anything from them other than the 1st bill (which was a month late). My complaint is two-fold; their rates are ridiculous & were imposed on me against my will, & they sent me to a collection agency without cause.

GregG Sep 22, 2008

I received the PUC's finding today in the mail.

It states that Amigo Energy has acknowledged numerous violations of the PUC Substantive Rules and that they will be working with customers to correct the problems. It also states that these problems should be addressed by Amigo within 21 days. If they do not to contact the PUC by Oct. 7, 2008.

This is a list of PUC Substantive Rules violations that have been acknowledged.

* No bill received - PUC Substantive Rule 25.479 (b)(1)
    * No payment arrangement for bill not received - PUC Substantive Rule 25.480 (e)
    * July 2008 billing not in compliance with the NPC Terms of Service - PUC Substantive Rule 25.479 (c)(1)(H)
    * No notification of variable rate change - PUC Substantive Rule 25.479 (c)(1)(O)
    * Electricity Facts Label (EFL) not in compliance with PUC Substantive Rule 25.475 (f)(1)(C)
    * Inability to respond to customer phone calls. PUC Substantive Rules 25.485 (b)(1-2)
    * Insufficient documentation to respond to complaints. PUC substantive Rule 25.485 (e)(1)(D)