American Signature Furnitureoverpriced and bad quality furniture!

I was so happy to walk into this store and find the exact style of couch that I was searching for with just one visit. We measured, we checked it out and it was just want I wanted. The furniture was delivered exactly when it was promised and then the problems began. The couch is a sectional and the clip will not old so that each time someone sits down the couch breaks apart, the leather nap has been scratched in several places so the fabric shows, the underlining is falling down, the wood legs had chips and the couch had several dirty marks on it (it is white).

I called & was told someone would call for an appointment to come out to take care of the repairs right away. I called for a week and couldn't get anyone to come out to look at the repairs.

I reported it to corporate and immediately (3 days later!) a man called to make an appointment. A dirty farmer type person showed up at my door and put his dirty fingerprints all over the couch and told me that he was so busy fixing all of their furniture he didn't know when he would be back. He told me the whole couch needed to be reupholstered, new legs were ordered and a new clip for the sectional. This was a month ago. No one has contacted me and they are now not returning my calls. If I had wanted a reupholstered couch I would have had my old one done. I have since learned through the internet that I possibly could have bought this same junk furniture at Big Lots and saved myself $500 or more. Great.

• Ci
    cindy stamp Dec 11, 2007

Your comments on american signature furniture has me concerned because i had picked out 4 pieces for my living room only they are wood. Total cost is about 1200.00 and this is alot of money for me so i was counting on them lasting with good care i give all my home decor, now i'm not sure if i should trust this company.

Jack Lee Dec 20, 2007

American Signature Furniture,
    Maybe you will be surprised when you received the text canse it's from your China supplier,but we don't know each other until now,you imported 6800 stools through NINGBO DELUXE TREASURE TRADING LTD. China in Octorber,2007.The color of the stools is white,red,black,brown.And each color includes two types of low stool,high stool.The meaning that I write to you just want to tell you ,if possible,you can contact me directly.For to do like this,you can imported our products cheaper than through DELUXE TREASURE TRADING LTD.Because the trading ltd needs to get 10% of your payment(fixed royalty),for example,each low stool costs $20.00,and they will give you the price $22.00 for each.In a sense,you import products from us directly,you will save you a lot of money.
    At first you can know our company who is named China Art Furniture Co.,Ltd&China Art International Trading Co.,Ltd.The information of our company as follows:
    Ningbo Art Furniture Co., Ltd is one of the biggest manufacturers of chinese antique restored furniture,various styles of reproduction furniture and accessories for home decoration .so far,we have around 1200 workers working for us .Our warehouses,showrooms and workshops cover more than 65,000 square meters. Our capacity is around 90 40-foot containers per month.
    Website:www.china-art-furniture.com
    Look forward to hearing from you quickly.(pls send mail to my yahoo ID)
    Sincerely
    Jack Lee
    China Art Furniture Co.,Ltd
    Mail:[email protected]
    Mobile Phone:+86 15968488001
    Msn:[email protected]

• Da
    DARLENE HILL Dec 26, 2007

I HAVE FURNITURE FROM HAVERTY AND AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE. THE FURNITURE FROM AMERICAN IS TRASH. WE PURCHASED OUR FURNITURE IN JAN 07 THEY HAVE EXCHANGED TWICE AND WE HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE OCT 11 FOR THEM TO REPLACE THE BOTTOM OF THE SOFA WHICH IS WOOD. THEY WILL NOT EXCHANGE ONLY REPLACE AND I CALLED TODAY ONLY TOLD TO EMAIL COMPLAINTS AND THE PARTS ARE NOT IN. WELL I RESEARCHED UNTIL I WAS ABLE TO GET A PHONE NUMBER 800-743-4577 THE STORE WILL NOT GIVE OUT THIS NUMBER. BOTH LEATHER SOFAS HAVE CRACKS AT THE BOTTOM. IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON PURCHASING FURNITURE EVERY YEAR STAY AWAY FROM AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITRUE.

• Al
    Alex Steven Jan 05, 2008

To

Kind Attention – Mr.

Subject – Job Application for Watch Technician cum Salesman

Dear Sir

With reference to the above mentioned subject, I hereby submitted myself as one of the promising candidates for the above mentioned job.

As per my job experience is concerned I have worked in all world’s leading brand watch companies mostly Swiss based and as well this profession is been passed on to me by my father.

As per my working ambience is concerned I work efficiently under any kind of supervision and as well independently.

It would be my dream comes true America to work in your esteem establishment which in return will really boost my career graph.

Waiting to hear from you. 00919886097007

Thanking you
    Yours truly,

Alex Steven

ANTOINETTE SCHNEIDER Mar 04, 2008

I PURSHASED A SOFA AND A CHAIR IN MAY 2003. IT WAS DELIVERED IN JULY 2003. I NOTICED ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO THAT THE CORDING IS RIPPED AWAY FROM THE CUSHION I TURNED IT OVER AND NOW NOTICED TODAY THAT THE COVER IS TEARING AWAY FROM THE CORDING.I PURCHASED INSURANCE WHEN I PURCHASED THE FURNITURE. I CALLED TODAY 3-4-08 AND WAS INFORMED THAT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO FOR ME SINCE IT WASN,T REPORTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS. I PAIDED AN EXTRA $100.00 FOR THE INSURANCE. THE WARRANTY DOES NOT GIVE A TIME FRAME.IT SAYS THE COVERAGE IS SEVEN YEARS ON FABRIC AGAINST TEARS, RIPS AND BURNS. I FEEL LIKE I WAS TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF AS FAR AS THE INSURANCE GOES.I AM A WIDOW AND DO NOT HAVE SMALL CHILDREN.I WOULD APPRICIATE YOUR ATTENTION IN THIS MATTER.I FEEL THAT I HAVE BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY.

• Ro
    Robert Mar 17, 2008

I work for Value City Furniture, which is a division of American Signature. The quality of furniture that is sold at our stores is easily compared to any other large furniture company incl. Ashley. We offer a limited lifetime warranty on all American Sig. products at no additional cost. How many other furniture companies do that at this price point. There are some furniture that we carry that is bought from vendors all over the place, this is the exact same furniture that everyone else carries. Matter of fact one of the most popular lines that are sold at furniture stores throughout the midwest is made by a company affiliated with value city.

• El
    Elisha Tucker Mar 19, 2008

3/19/08 Called to confirm that I would be up to pick up ordered furniture that was scheduled to be in. After reserving a truck and taking the day off work I was told only 1/2 of the bedroom set was in. I asked the manager I he would have the remaining half delivered as complimentary and to my inconvience of taking off a 2nd day of work. Mr Al Hawkin or the Fairview heights, IL store told me "Oh no I can't do that, we have several customers awaiting the same set". Frankly, nobody should be done this way and you just have to take it. When I asked about a refund he told me it would be 7-10 day wait. Well they didn't have to wait for my cast that was given...This should be handled by someone more professional, instead a stick in the mud... Sincerely... Linda Willis 618-977-3742.

• Db
    DBntley Mar 20, 2008

I just bought some furniture, and I don't expect a bad experience, but if you're going to kvetch, try spellcheck and turn off the caps, it makes you seen untrustworthy, like a disgruntled former employee.

• Mi
    Michelle Jeffers Mar 21, 2008

So far I've had 4 problems with American Signature.
    My nightstand arrived with a scratch. The repairman
    they sent used wax and a hot gun to repair it.
    The Lake Cottage bed I received had slats (broken by the
    installers). I found this out when I was moving once
    I took the mattress off. They had used screws and cracked
    one slat (you could see they had made another attempt
    to put the screw through in another spot). On one slat
    there was a screw on one side and another had none at all.
    I tried to get replacement slats 3x to no avail.
    Next we got Camp Granada twin beds in 8/07. I'm in the
    hall and hear a pop and it's the wood side rail of one of the
    beds. I talked to management and was told I'd have to bring the bed in myself (I'm in a second floor apartment and they delivered
    it at $119 for 3 pieces). Then was told my son probably broke
    it. I went in the store and finally they sent someone out to
    replace it.
    Now I've got a couch that was delivered in 8/07. It's already
    caving in on one side of the seat and the back cushions need king size pillows stuffed in them because the cheap polyfill is
    condensing so the cases look half full.

• Mi
    Michelle Jeffers Mar 21, 2008

P S If you pick up any furniture to save the delivery fee
    then the furniture is not warrantied the same and they
    require you to bring it back in yourself! This I was told
    yesterday.

• Ke
    KERRI LILLY Mar 27, 2008

Ordered the Rose Garden corner chest and lengerie chest last week, we opted top/u and so far been there three times to exchange. They did not cover completely with paint. The lengerie chest had a big chip in the bottom of it. The second time we concentrated so much on the front we hardly looked at the back, when we got home there was a hole in the back panel and a 8" piece of wood in one of the drawers that had come off the bottom side. Amazing they can sell something like this. Today we went to p/u the third one and did not even finish taking it out of the box as we could already see it had issues as well. They have finally told me that they will wave the delivery and bring another one to us. Now after reading all of this I think I may just tell them to give me a refund.

• Ka
    Karen Federici Mar 29, 2008

My son and I found this lovely furniture store with beautiful furniture and what seemed like extremely good prices. When he bought the bedroom set, he was told the dresser was on back order and that he would have to pre- pay for it it even though it was not due to be delivered until May (it was March when we were ordering it) He told them that he would not take the bed and mattress until everything had arrived. He said he was willing to leave a deposit on the dresser but not charge his credit card for merchandise that he wasn't receiving for months. They told him that this was their policy. He cancelled his order. The manager heard this and went to see if he could find the dresser at another store. After waiting for close to an hour, he came back and said he found the dresser, but the bed was no longer available because the order was cancelled and went to the next person, he could get a different bed.
    These people bait and switch, I'm sure that that the really nice dresser we saw would not have arrived and the fact that they would expect you to pay for it in advance is crazy.

• Gj
    GJ Apr 08, 2008

I would never buy anything from that store again I have half a bed room set with one broken piece I put it on my credit card and have since put a dispute on the charge I have received full credit for the furniture and have never heard back from them

none provided Apr 11, 2008

BOUGHT FURNITURE AT THE SUNRISE STORE IN FLORIDA

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE... MANAGERS NEVER AVAILABLE, AWAYS OUR FOR LUNCH OR GONE FOR THE DAY

I'M IN TOUCH WITH BBB AND ABOUT TO SUE THE STORE

DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!

THEY DONT FULLFIL PROMISES OF DELIVERY! 2 MONTHS TO DELIVER THE LAST PIECE OF MY PURCHASE!! 6 DELIVERIES SCHEDULE! FURNITURES IN STOCK AL OF A SUDDEN ARE NOT IN STOCK THEREFORE ANOTHER DELIVERY DATE IS SCHEDULE!

NO NO NO... DONT EVER BUY FROM THEM!! AND TELL ALL UR FRIENDS!!!

THEY ARE HORRIBLE!

• Ca
    Carrie Apr 15, 2008

My boyfriend and I purchased a sofa, chair and matching ottoman from the American Signature Furniture store located on Route 31 in Clay, New York.

We were very excited to find something that we both liked and that since we were purchasing an American Signature set that we were guaranteed a 10 year warranty. Our salesman was great, talked up the company and bragged about the craftmanship and quality of the furniture. We left the store confident that we had purchased a great set of furniture for our new home.

As soon as the furniture was delivered, the nightmare began. They delivered a broken sofa!! The delivery men told my boyfriend that there was a brace on the underside of the sofa that was broken but that they would send a repair person out to fix it as soon as they could.

My boyfriend contacted me at work with the news and I literally went off the deep end. I immediately contacted the store and spoke with a manager who told me the same thing, that they'd send someone out to repair it right away. I told him point blank, "the hell you will" and went on to tell him that they would be delivering me a brand new sofa to replace the broken one. I asked him why he thought I would take a brand new broken piece of furniture knowing about the 10 year warranty and that I just failed to see the logic. I never received an apology and was just disgusted and dumbfounded that anyone in their right mind would think it was acceptable to think it was ok to deliver a damaged piece of furntire and even more ludicrous that someone would accept it!

I will never recommend this company to anyone and know now that sometimes spending some extra money on the same piece of furniture at a different store is totally worth it.

• Ki
    Kim Apr 20, 2008

My husband and I are building a new house and we wanted to buy new furniture for the living room. We bought a new living room set for for 4, 000. However, we could not finance it because it may cause a problem when it came to closing on the house. (you can not have any new finance changes when closing on a house because it makes the process a lot longer). The sales rep said, " don't worry just put a deposit down on it and when you close on the house we can start the finance process". luckily, a month later I had brought my parents into the store to show them what we had bought. At this time we were talking to the sales rep (different then the one who had sold us the furniture) had informed us that the furniture was discontinued and when the pieces off the floor sell you will not be able to purchase the set. We then had told them what we had bought a set and you are holding it for us. The sales rep had said it does not work like that. Since it has been discontinued it is on clearance so when it is sold it is sold. Long story short if we had not walked in to show my parents the furniture that we were going to buy. We would have never know the the furniture was discontinued and when we would have went to pick up the furniture in May we have been SOL. Most likely the furniture would have been gone. The sales rep lied to us telling us that they would hold the furniture for us. In addition, he should of called us to tell us it was discontinued and if we really wanted the furniture we need to pay for it in full now.

• Ki
    kilburn May 05, 2008

People buy china made junk, then act surprised when it falls apart

Sarah Ludwick May 08, 2008

I looked up the A-SIGNATURE FURNITURE COMPANY website when my boyfriend and I saw their add on television. I was amazed by the prices and excited to show him the sectionals and bedroom sets that I thoght were beautiful for phenominal prices! While searching for the site again to show him, I scrolled down and saw a complaint site, and I am glad I did. Thank you all for the very important heads up---you all probably saved us thousands of dollars, living room set--bedroom set---and childens room.

• Ka
    Katrina May 09, 2008

I bought a sofa and love seat from American Signature in November of 2007, since then the sofa cushions had become flat! I called A.S. in April about this issue and it is now May and they just came out to "replace" them. They showed up at my house with foam. They pulled the old foam out and put new foam in the cushions. When I purchased the sofa there was a tag on the cushions that stated never to open the cushions and replace foam even though there was a zipper because they would be ruined (This is what they did anyway). My cushions are now all different sizes and look horriable. They will not replace them again, but did offer to come out and RESTUFF them! I will never shop there again.

John Q May 10, 2008

I had a very positive experience with American Signature in Brandon and would recommend their furniture highly. We bought a mattress and canopy bed. We've looked in many stores and haven't seen another bed as sturdy or as elegant as the bed I'm lying in right now. The service was excellent, and delivery was faster than we expected. Having just moved, we hadn't heard of this store, but will certainly be back.

• Fj
    F J DISEL May 16, 2008

WE ARE DOWNSIZING AND BOUGHT A CONDO; I WENT TO VALUE CITY IN PITTSBURGH PA AND WAS AMAZED AT THE NICE FURNITURE AND PRICES. I HAD MY HEART SET ON SOME OF THE PIECES I WANT TO BUY; AFTER READING COMMENTS ABOUT AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE, I HAVE TO GO TO BED TONITE DISAPPOINTED. I HAVE LOOKED THRU 5 FURNITURE STORES LOCALLY AND NONE HAD THE EXACT LIVING ROOM AND CHINA THAT I WANTED UNTIL I WENT TO VALUE CITY. ARE THESE COMPLAINTS LEGITIMATE? I WAS BUYING THE SOFA AND RECLINER WITH MICRO MATERIAL BUT I AM SURE IT WILL NOT LAST LONGER THAN 100 SITTINGS...PLEASE IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT THIS FURNITURE?

• Su
    Sue Owensby May 22, 2008

My husband and I were married in July of 2007. After talking with several of my friends who had purchased furniture from American Signature, and were delighted with the service and quality, we decided to check them out. We purchased 2 complete living room suites, 2 beds, and several accent pieces. The customer service was excellent and we have had rave reviews from everyone on our furniture. It still looks brand new and we have enjoyed it immensely.

As a matter of fact, we bought my stepdaughter and her husband a sofa there about four months after purchasing our furniture, and she has had the same results as us.

When I found this complaint site I was very surprised by all the negative reviews. I would certainly recommend (and have) American Signature to my family and friends.

Knoxville Tennessee

• Li
    Lilibet May 23, 2008

I have bought 2 bedroom sets and a leather sofa and loveseat. The last bedroom set that I bought is beautiful and I have had no complaints. The sofa and love seat are great. Paid 1600.00 for both pieces and they are holding up very well after four years. My sofa table is still in very good shape. The only problem that I have had was with the dresser for the first bedroom set I bought and that was due to the fact that DH broke the drawer. If you by something that is made by ASH for ASH you will get a good quality piece of furniture for the price. If you by some of the mass market, mass produced imports from China you will get new furniture shortly thereafter. As I said, I have no complaints with what I have bought and considering that I only spent about 3500.00 total for three rooms of furniture and have had most of it for 4 plus years it is decent furniture.

• Ke
    Ken May 24, 2008

To Deborah:

It's funny that you are picking on someone with a valid complaint about their typing ability, and you yourself have a grammatical error in your post. You should take care of your own business before everyone elses. And there may be errors in my post, but I don't care.

• Cn
    c nunez May 29, 2008

The worst customer service experience I have ever had with a furniture store. The cost of $119.00 for delivery is high way robbery. Then you can not set a time or day. It's when American wants to deliver. THERE WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. Repeat business a good source, which they do not want considering the way American treats the consumer. Jacksonville Fl

• Pa
    Pam_R May 29, 2008

When we furnished our new home, we purchased a number of pieces of the West Indies collection from Value City Furniture in Indianapolis, Castleton area. Four or five of the pieces arrived with problems, some of which were replaced, and some of which were repaired. We did not discover all of the problems at the same time, so the repair men have made a number of trips to our house to repair or to deliver replacements. Over the last year, they have come every time we called. This is really saying something since we live 60 miles from the store and are outside of their normal delivery range.

One table had a crack in the wood. When they mentioned repairing it, we asked for a replacement. They gave us the replacement without a hassle. Everything has been fixed or replaced satisfactorily except for one latch mechanism on the door to the armoir. We didn't think it was worth having them come again for something so minor so bought a replacement latch yesterday for less than $2.

Is it the best quality furniture? No, obviously not. However, the furniture is absolutely gorgeous. I have had many compliments. The prices were far below what I would expect to pay for wood furniture with so much detailing. Since the store has been so good about taking care of any problems, I will continue to do business with them and would not hesitate to recommend them to others.

I should mention there was one part that did take about six months to get. It was the wiring harness that allows the entertainment center to light up. Since we don't usually turn on the lights anyway, it wasn't a big deal. They did fix it eventually.

• Au
    Aurelia Jun 02, 2008

I purchased a leather living room set and a queen size bed from them when they used to be Rooms Today and I had a great experience. I was planning on returning back for a dining room set. Did anyone have the same type of experience when it was Rooms Toda? Are the two complanies under the same management?

• De
    Debbie Jun 10, 2008

I too was almost ready to buy from American Signature, that is until I read these complaints! The furniture I really want is at Macys with a 2 month wait and double the price!!! Feeling impatient and trying to save a few bucks, I was thinking of buying from AS...Think I'll wait! So gad we have this forum available to us. So sad for all the companies that continue to sell crap to the public for more " affordable" prices. Sure, right. Save your money then buy quality... a little patience is all it takes I guess. Thanks to all for your comments and sorry you got ripped off. NO AMERICAN SIGNATURE FOR ME.

Sarah Jun 19, 2008

I would have to say... this is by far the WORST place I have ever experienced. I bought a bedroom set. They brought it to my house a week later. The mirror was broken, the footboard was broken and the dresser was leaning forward... so I was left with half of a bedroom set. They told me the new pieces will come next week. I waited another week. LUCKILY, I saw them try to install the footboard... and it was STILL broken. I asked the delivery guy about it.. and he said that he thinks that they gave me the same board from last week... but they tried to fix it. Why am I getting a "repaired" product, when this bedroom set should be NEW. Of course, I told them to send it back. Now on to the dresser... the delivery guy found "something" in his truck and stuck it under the dresser so it won't lean anymore. Are you serious? I went up to the store, told them about it.. and of course.. had to wait ANOTHER week. 3 weeks and the bedroom set was still not completed. I decided to return the product and not deal with the store anymore. I am out of a delivery charge even though this whole ordeal was their fault. I do not recommend this store. (Friend bought a couch set- broke within a week...) It is worth spending a few more hundred dollars for a piece that will last 10x as long!!!

Maria Jul 06, 2008

I have purchased a Queen Size Delux American Signature mattress in the Orlando store. I purchased it in April 2008 for $599.00.

The mattress caved in the middle and it sagged, I called them and they sent someone to take a look at it. The person came in the timeframe it was agreed and noticed the problem. He told me to call the store the next day that they would have to replace the mattress. Ok so everything was fine and ok so they came and picked up the mattress and replaced it with yet another mattress that was defective as soon as they put it on my frame the guy that delivered it noticed it as well as I. He told me he would tell the store manager and that they will come back to replace it yet again. I called the office and was bounced around until I asked to speak with the manager. I told them that I wasn't happy about them sending me defective mattresses and that I would report it to the news media and corporate. They scheduled yet another delivery for that same week. Finally they delivered another mattress that is still not working for me...It's still caving in the middle.

I'm so fed up about all this I will be asking for my money bavk...I'll see what they say after all thi is said and done.

STAY AWAY FROM AMERICAN SIGNATURE!

• Ok
    okay Jul 09, 2008

My question to all of you is this- why do you accept delivery (ie sign for) furniture that is broken, scratched, or damaged. When the delivery guy shows up and bring the furniture in you check it then. Don't have then push it up against the wall until you've fully inspected it, then and only then do you sign the paper accepting delivery.
    Otherwise you make a point to not accept the furniture and either call or have them call the store to let them know what the problem is. Most companies carry some sort of insurance for the delivered product and could claim it and give you new undamaged goods RATHER than you taking it and going through the long drawn out warranty process.

• Am
    Amanda Jul 13, 2008

Most of the furniture in my home is from american signature. My couches (which were a fabric line that was discontinued so we bought floor model clearance) are still perfect. They are down fill and still fluffy and new looking. The fabric has had EVERYTHING spilled on it and there are no stains. I highly recommend their furniture.

• Ra
    rarer Jul 16, 2008

We purchased 11 pieces of furniture from American Signature - Brandon, Fl on 7/7/08 and were told all pieces were in stock and would be delivered on Friday. Of the 11 pieces purchased in cash and paid in full - 7 pieces were damaged, defective or not delivered. One night stand was not delivered because it was mysteriously not in stock (when I called asking why, they stated they had 199 of those items in stock "not sure why it wasn’t delivered). The swivel chair was not delivered because it was noticeably damaged and was not loaded onto the truck. The $900 armoire, aside from being noticeably chipped and scratched (the chair must have been horrendous if they didn’t notice this damage); it looked as if it was built by 3rd graders. The doors were extremely crooked, the knobs didn’t match up and they would barely close. One of the TV cart's doors was crooked and would not close, as well as, had noticeable scratches. The chaise lounge leather was defective (I was told they would come out a week later to look at it to determine if they would repair it or replace it. What?!?!?!?). I ordered the King size bed and chest of drawers package...I received 2 king size beds and NO chest. (I wish I could fit 2 king size beds in my bedroom...aside form the fact this isn’t Dick Van Dyke and my husband and I sleep in the same bed). After a lengthy and frustrating - what I call a fight - with this store they agreed to credit the price of a night stand and the fictitious delivery fee that they make up. I was somewhat satisfied with this solution. My husband took ANOTHER day off from work for the replacement delivery. The night before the 2nd delivery we received a message stating the armoire and TV cart would not be delivered as it was damaged. After another “fight” with the operations manager of this store (I wasn’t even asking for additional credit. I wanted the chaise replaced with the rest of the furniture. Not repaired.), we agreed that they would come with an empty truck and pick up all of their 2nd hand, less than Salvation Army quality, over-priced furniture and credit my account in full. American Signature’s furniture is not only over priced in comparison to the quality of the furniture (obviously); Their staff has extremely poor customer service skills.

• Sb
    S Banker Jul 17, 2008

Well, I saw this beautiful sofa set but after reading all of this I guess i will have to buy from another store. Thank you all for you help! I sorry to hear about the bad expericence you all have had.

• Sr
    S Rawson Jul 21, 2008

I absolutely do not agree that American Signature furniture is an inferior product.

We have purchased many pieces from American Signature over the past four years. We have a 4 year old dining set in our breakfast room--square table, bench and 5 chairs. We have a leather couch, chair and ottoman on the sunporch---3 years old. We also have a slate table with five chairs and a pub table with two bar stools on the sun porch---3 years old. Two years ago we puchased a black hutch/seving bar from the Plantation line for the sun porch. In our living room we have an overstuffed love seat and two curio cabinets---one to three years old. We also have a large armoire in one bedroom---2 years old. Just this past week we had delivered an armoire and dresser from the Today's Antiques line. The only problem we've ever experienced is that one of the chairs for the porch was badly scratched on delivery. We refused delivery, they took it back and brought another.

We have been extremely please with our purchases and the service from two different stores in Orlando.

• Na
    Natalie Jul 29, 2008

I had a positive experience with American Signature.

Last year I bought a townhouse and had to buy furniture for several rooms. I had shopped at all the big furniture stores and American Signature was the only one that treated me with respect and didn't resort to high pressure tactics. My saleswoman was very nice and when I decided to buy from AS I went straight to her. I got my furniture within a month and the delivery men were efficient. They tried their best to get my queen bed boxspring up the stairs but it wouldn't budge. They immediately called in to find a split boxspring. They ordered it on the spot. Even though I had to wait a couple more weeks for it, I didn't mind.

In the meantime, I had ordered a dining table from another furniture store. They happened to deliver it the same day my split boxspring was to be delivered. When the other furniture delivery people came they quite literally dropped my dining room table and chairs off, took off the covering, shoved the paper in my face to sign and took off. I tried to look over the furniture but was unable to by their demeanour. Well, I noticed that one of my chairs had a scratch on it and they were no where in sight. When the AS guys came to deliver my split boxspring, they fixed my chair from the OTHER company. That really impressed me.

I have also talked to other people who have gotten AS furniture and they all feel the same way I do, it's great. Every time I had to call, they were able to fix whatever was wrong, even from a competitors store!

• Th
    The Mays Aug 05, 2008

I bought a Leather Sofa, Loveseat, Chair and Ottoman as well as a dresser, chest and nightstands from Value City Furniture in Ohio. We had the living room furniture for 4 years and sold it right before moving to Florida. We still have the bedroom furniture. Both my husband and I liked all the pieces and felt it was quality merchandise. Yes, I have seen better, but I have also seen worse. For the price, I'm very impressed. It never sagged, warped or had any other damage. We only sold the living room furniture because it was so big. I think it depends on what you buy there. You can see some of the furniture is cheaper, but some is very high quality. I have several friends in the furniture business and they agree that you can get cheap stuff at almost any furniture store and the quality depends on the price and you do have to really look at what you are buying. If a couch is $299, you would probably get a couch that needs to be replaced after only a couple of years. I think most of the ones that are $600 and more at American Signature are probably okay. Either way, we really enjoyed our furniture and had absolutely no complaints!

• Ri
    Rich H Aug 10, 2008

I am planning to buy a dining room table and found a Value City near my home (Milwaukee, WI). I guess Value City is an off company of American Signature. I will still go look at this particular table that I have in mind, but I will take all of your comments as a guide to look very carefully. I don't feel like buying from American TV or Colders, but Steinhafels is very good, though can be very expensive as well. I got a mattress and bed from Steinhafels for $1000 delivered and it's great. I will stop there first to see what they have and then go to Value City (American Signature store). I really don't want to buy junk from China. I am an American Patriot!

Is it just me, or are most of the complaints here from Florida?
    I noticed that the positive comments seem to come from other areas.
    So is Florida receiving all the junk?
    Still, never an excuse for poor customer service. And why not ask for free delivery? Definitely inspect anything/everything upon delivery.

If I buy from American Signature, I will try to repost my experience. If they are indeed made in China, I won't buy! I looked at their website and can not find any source saying where it is made. If they are so confident in their product, they would state such important information; especially if it was made in the USA.
    Sorry China, NAFTA is NOT our friend. And shame on American Signature for having the name American as part of your product if they are indeed made outside of the US.

sanchari Aug 12, 2008

we bought everything, every furniture (living, dining, bedding even mattress) is from VCF(whitemarsh, MD) store, the service always is great.the delivery is always on time.they call up before delivery o double check.anything wrong they response promptly and free of cost.and they deliver mattresses $500 + FREE !!! with bed rails ..how cool is that, their delivery charges are also very nominal.But people buy cheap things then it will always be bad .it doesnot matter from where have you bought.ultimately u pay more or u r not happy.Our leather couch and love seat are doing great.cocktail tables aare superb style.dining table is awesome.prices are already reduced.At this cool prices and service it is a wonderful store.

Christina Aug 14, 2008

We purchased our full bedroom set from the West Indies collection 12/06. Pieces ordered were canopy bed, 2 night stands with marble tops, armoire, and large chest. The pieces were delivered the day I came home with my newborn son. The delivery was on time, and the setup was quick and correct. One of the night tables had a large scratch in the marble. They stated it could be repaired. I refused it stating I paid for a brand new item. No problem. One in perfect condition was delivered a week later. To date, I have had no issues with any of the furniture. We absolutely love our bedroom furniture, and find the bed to be quite sturdy. The sales staff at the Brandon, FL store were laid back and easy to talk to. I even purchased some nice table lamps there afterwards. I must say, my experience so far with American Signature in Brandon has been a pleasant one. Having an item be damaged was not an issue for me as this tends to happen -- and they were ok with my refusing the item. Regardless of the above comments, I would purchase from them again do to my own personal experience.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices