American ShingleSales Methods

A salesman showed up at my door and said I had hail damage to my roof. They said they could get my homeowners insurance to pay for a new roof. Next thing I know, they were filing a claim for me and gave me a contract to sign that said none of the things the salesman had promised. I called later and canceled but the insurance adjuster did show up and say that I have no damage at all. Of course, so now I have a claim against my policy for no reason at all. American Shingle seems like a SCAM to me.

Afkap Feb 02, 2011

Dunko turns himself in, posted bail.

• To
    toparis777 Feb 01, 2011

And as a previous employee of American Shingle who was unaware of what they were doing until the very end when I resigned (because I found out what they were doing), I hope all the owners get the full amount of justice!!

Afkap Feb 01, 2011

So the 4th owner has no charges against him?

nomorescamsplease Feb 01, 2011

I must congratulate American Shingle for being on the top 10 scams of 2010. You earned it.

Itinerant Home Repair/Roofers – BBBs across the country received complaints from consumers who answered a knock from a door to door salesman or itinerant worker who eventually failed to deliver on promises to fix their roof or conduct other work to the home. Complaints to BBB about roofing companies increased by roughly 40 percent in 2010, according to tentative estimates, due in part to one company that solicited door to door, American Shingle, which received nearly 1, 000 complaints nationwide after going bankrupt and not providing new roofs to angry customers.

Afkap Dec 21, 2010

In some markets they were paying less than $75 per square. They take all the insurance money, often send bills for additional stuff, and wind up charging 2 or 3 times what a legitimate roofer charges.

• Go
    gottobekiddingme Dec 21, 2010

HERE's HOW IT WORKS PEOPLE!!!...They sub-sontract the roofing installation to a local roofer; usually the lowerst bidder, for a set price around $150-180 per square. They in in turn tell you they will do it for what the insurance company pays; between $190-230 per square. They put the roof on, collect the checks from the homeowner given to them from the insurance company, pay their sub-contractor his set amount and THEY KEEP THE DIFFERENCE! And for what? For calling your insurance company to file a claim for you. That's it, nothing else. Making a phone call. They send a "ladder assist" to meet with your adjuster and wait for him to either pay or deny the claim. If the claim is denyed, you are still hit up by your insurance company for filing a claim. Call a local roofer who will verify damages before filing a claim.

Afkap Dec 18, 2010

Well, it seems all the complaints here turned out to be true. And all the people defending American Shingle...where are you now? How's that "we're just having growing pains but we are a reputable company" working for ya?

nomorescamsplease Oct 01, 2010

toparis777,
    Sorry customers call you to complain. They got scammed and look to blame the person they know. Soon the calls will stop by speaking the truth to people giving that comfort that you are not the bad guy, it is the ones that continue to lie to cover the lies that will have problems in the near future. As far as the criminal charges go, I believe it will be more of a sting due to a certain fact ( no hints to give)-but carpet pulled from under all involved in same day. Should be fun to watch and maybe they won't smile so much anymore. Think it is carefully being built to make sure every route is covered before this happens- or they would have already taken down atleast one of the top- why take down one when so many knew what was happening, who will work out deals to point out the others- We should make bets on who will get the most time/ who will walk away free/ which ones will point fingers/ which ones lawyer up and will not speak for themselves-(I know the answer to this one)/ we can always send them letters as prison can become a very boring retirement package plan- Will they go to a federal or state prison.
    Good luck to you toparis

Stay away,
    I did misjudge the timeframe your guy found out about the process. Seems his nieghbor likes to speak on the down-- lowe :) but i did find even the neighbor made me mad when he laughed about the production being shut down in December. Seems this is all to funny for everyone but the workers and homeowners that got screwed. Think it about time for those that were screwed and honest to be able to laugh at the stress brought upon them. Time will tell I guess.
    Good luck to you stay away

• To
    toparis777 Sep 05, 2010

I was a former employee of American Shingle and I first and foremost want to apologize to all the customers who have been ripped off by this company. I was a project coordinator with them for almost a year. My job was to go and collect insurance checks and turn them in. For the majority of my time there, things went relatively smoothly and people were getting their roofs. Around June, when they could not make a payroll, I started to get a little concerned. I then found out a few weeks later that they were not paying their suppliers and contractors. I was SHOCKED and I immediately resigned from the company!

There were honest employees that worked for the company, like myself, who were completely kept in the dark. Any time we had a question about any concerns, they would assure us that things are in order and that it's just a big company and they are "adjusting to a fast growth".

I am embarrassed to have sacrificed my time, talents, family time, and unpaid vacation time to complete jerks like this. Bottom line is the owners grossly mismanaged money and GREED dripped from every pore of owners and managers. Even the HR manager turns out has a mugshot from Tampa FL on being busted for pot.

There is a lot of anger from customers and former employees and I am to this day, 2 months after leaving, still getting calls from angry customers. Please keep in mind, even the employees were not told that they no longer had jobs. When they went to log in to see their schedule for the next day, they could no longer log in and that was their way of finding out.

Bottom line is I want to set the record straight that not everyone with American Shingle were crooks. Many were honest, hard working employees with families and mortgages and car payments who just had a job to support themselves. Admins, receptionists, bookkeepers, project coordinators, sales reps etc. The owners squandered the money away.

I hope that criminal charges will be brought against the guilty parties and that they pay for their crimes.

Again, my apologies to anyone who gave up a check and did not get a roof put on. The second I found out that things were not right, I left the company and struggled to find another job in this economy. To this day, my income is much lower from what I was making, but as a Christian and someone who believes in treating others the way you want to be treated, I feel I made the wise decision.

• Bl
    blownsvt03 Aug 26, 2010

If you want a company you can trust that doesnt want any money down and has no complaints with the BBB in the last 13 years Use Gardner Contracting LLC. I Used them on my roof and cant say enough good things about them. Their Estimators Workers even their office staff was very attentive to my needs and concerns. Thanks Gardner Contracting for a great roof!

• CONSUMERS BEWARE: As of now, American Shingle has gone bankrupt and are no longer in existence. However, the company has renamed itself Southern Armor with same owners, managers, and employees. They will do the same thing American Shingle did unfortunately and many uneducated consumers will get screwed again that will continue to cast doubt on the entire roofing industry. SOUTHERN ARMOR IS NOW OPERATING IN CHARLOTTE, NC, TENNESSEE, AND ALABAMA. I AM A HOMEOWNER WHO WAS CONTACTED BY A SOUTHERN ARMOR EMPLOYEE (FORMERLY AMERICAN SHINGLE EMPLOYEE) AND WANTED TO COME PICK UP MY CHECK. I TOLD THEM NO WAY, I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

• Ba
    Banks236 Aug 12, 2010

Yeah Alabama's Attorney General is gearing up to go after the one here in Birmingham as well.

• Nc
    NC Insurance Adjuster Aug 12, 2010

Do your homework on any company! I'm sure there are local roofers in your area, no matter where someone lives. Most roofers are good, hard-working people who care about their reputation. Just ask family and friends, people at church or other groups and you'll find the roofers with good reps. Keep the money local, help out someone who has a business close to you, it'll help you and your community in the long run.

• Wa
    watchful consumer NC Aug 10, 2010

Fox News in Charlotte opened the 10pm News tonight (8/10/10) with a story on American Shingle. They are being investigated by the NC Attorney General and have an F rating with the BBB here. Same complaints as listed above. Seems to be some merit to the warnings above. Buyers beware!

• Jv
    jvancephx Jul 29, 2010

I was an employee of this company from January 2010 through April 2010. From the first day I was there I was advised by management to think of any excuse to tell the homeowner as to why the roof that their insurance company had already paid for was not being installed as was contracted. Weather conditions, bad materials received, materials not sent by supply companies, etc. The truth was that the supply companies American Shingle used at the time refused to send out more materials due to them not paying their bills. Where was the money going?? Who knows. It certainly wasn't going to pay for employee benefits or overtime. Most of the time I did not even get my paycheck on time, and when I did was at risk of having it bounce had i deposited it into my bank account. It got to the point top where I could not return to the Atlanta office without feeling guilty. I do not like lying to people when it comes to thousands of dollars. "The homeowner is not paying anything out of pocket, The insurance company is. They should not be upset. If it wasn't for American Shingle, they wouldn't even know they had damage to their roof." Whatever. Lying and deceiving people is what it is, regardless of who's funds are being used to pay for a service. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Ci
    Cincinnati-OH Jul 28, 2010

Cincinnati...They are here now. every comment I have read about AS seems to be true both good and bad. The company is 2years old, has 23 locations and has done over 33, 000 roofs, and have under 150 complaints total from all their offices. That doesn't seem bad.

Now for those of you that have had their dates pushed out and out, AS is a sales and marketing firm, they sub out all of the work until they can find a local contractor that does superior work and can hire them on full-time. Most of the scheduling is out of their control because they don't have roofers on staff. Everyone is complaining about getting a new roof put on for what your deductible is, now if I could get my $10, 000 roof put on for my $500 deductible I would - THATS A DEAL... So far no one had been shafted and all got their roof.

Since they are new to the area here, it seems they are in every neighborhood in about a 40 mile radius from their office and all working the same storm date from about a month ago. I've had 2 guys stop by my house, both said the exact same thing, They were with American Shingle, out in the area because of recent storms with high winds and hail and they were able to help out other homeowners with getting their roof replaced by their insurance co. All we had to do is file a claim for wind and hail. (they insured me that my rates would not go up and my insurance wouldnt be dropped)

Now for their "contract", nothing on in is binding and you can back out at any time. Or you could even use a different contractor, good luck finding one that's not going to back charge you for the amount your insurance co doesnt cover...

From what one guy told me is that the people that are knocking your door are ONLY sales people and know NOTHING about your roof, It is not their job to qualify you before they sign you up, as most damage can't be seen from the ground. The sales guy is only paid to sign you up and get your adjuster on your roof and the best part of that is it DONT COST YOU A DIME and you get to know what condition your roof is in by a licenced adjuster.

• Ub
    uberwins Jul 04, 2010

We were lucky. After a 4 month relationship with AS we were fortunate that they hadn't cashed our check yet. Seems their corporate office is a bit dis-organized as well. I had also refused to sit on an endorsed insurance check so I banked it and wrote a personal check to them when the friendly "closer" came for our "shingle selection" meeting. Shortly after giving them the check I couldn't get any service from them at all. These A-holes have a customer service line that puts callers in queue and when they finally reach the first place in line they are greeted with a message that the customer service agent is on another line and to leave a message for them to call you back. What a line of crap. No one will ever call. Our rep told us that they were about 3-4 weeks out on their schedule but when I got a call from their scheduling office I was told that it would be 9 weeks. I managed to reach my rep after about 3 calls and she got the install moved up 2 weeks. The day before the install they placed a huge dumpster in our driveway and then called us to say that the corporate office had failed to order shingles for our job. ??? More BS, there are two large shingle distributors in the KC area and one of them still does business with AS, yes only one of them. I called and was told that the shingles we needed are in stock and that all it would take is a purchase order to have them delivered in less than an hour. That was 5 days ago. I still have a dumpster blocking my driveway and can't reach anyone from AS to tell me when they plan to do the work. I have finally had it with these jerks and stopped payment on the check. I called the roll-off company and the dumpster will be picked up empty (except for an American Shingle yard sign) and the driver is signing a lien release on it. Like I said, we were lucky.

• Fl
    flextrainer Jul 03, 2010

DCLTSC, my question is for you. What city has American Shingle left since it began?

• Co
    cowboy79 May 24, 2010

Not sure about other states but here in South Carolina, ,

Acts of God claims cannot be used when determining claim frequency.
    Section [protected].

@MGB2010

Also, "forced" to sign a contract. How? Homeowner's have an interest in replacing their roof and its as simple as that. Not every roof is found to have sufficient damage to warrant the insurance company replacing the roof. The insurance company has the final word but AS does its best to ensure its a fair review and if its not approved for replacement by the insurance company, the homeowner owes AS nothing.

There is no scam, there are 250 homeowners in Columbia with new roofs thank to AS. No roofs are delayed due to the need for more money, , ever. if the roof has been rescheduled there may be a delay for weather but never for money.

We speak to insurance companies every day with the homeowners present during the conversation and if the insurance company wishes to speak to the homeowner, it is done. Most insurance companies never ask to speak to the homeowner though, , so this runs counter to your comment "It is as simple as this, a CONTRACTOR can never speak for the homeowner in a claims related issue.Period. "

Yes, I work for AS and I am proud of helping the homeowners that I have helped get a new roof. And it appears to me that you are an insurance agent who has had some claims go against your bonus for claims and are not happy about it. There is no scam. If you are an agent or an adjuster as I suspect, the homeowners told you that they were "forced" to divert you from being angry with them is my guess. And why should they be concerned about your opinion? Perhaps its because you/insurance company intimidate them and they dont want any grief from you or the insurance company. Now how does that sound? Sounds like I could call you and your insurance company a scam. You take premiums from people and yet they are scared of you and the tactics of intimidation of cancellations and rate hikes. Now who's the scam?

Or perhaps you do care for your customers but have not heard both sides of a story and are making a judgment from one perspective only. Have you tried speaking to anyone at AS, , I would guess not. Is that the way you do things. Call someone a scam without hearing both sides. Wish you had been with me last week when I was speaking to homeowners with new roofs that were so thrilled with both the new roof and how they were handled by AS.

Any homeowner in Columbia can work with his sales agent in regards to his installation and get results in both installation date and any other issue they have. We aim to please and will do what it takes to satisfy the homeowner. We know that referrals are the most important part of our business and it would be stupid to handle customers as you have implied.

Judge not lest ye be judged May 24, 2010

I am a financial planner who lives in New Hampshire. Last I checked american shingle did not have an office in my state. But please, continue to bash your former employer. It makes everyone here see why you were fired in the first place. When I was in insurance I told everyone it would count as a claim. I also told them that if no money was paid out it wouldn't matter as it would not be counted against your loss ratio as I'm sure you know zero dollars paid out really means that nothing happened. If a homeowner has ANY reason whatsoever to believe he might have damage to his covered property it is his RESPONSIBILITY to inform the insurance company in a timely manner or he may be found neglectful. At least that is what every single homeowners policy I ever sold stated in its declaration.

• Jh
    jhammockmaconga May 24, 2010

and so you are saying it is ok to lie to people and not let them know up front that it will count as a claim against your homeowner policy. So you are calling the Ins. Commissioners Office a liar to huh? your name is johnny giddens and you are the sales mgr at a.s. you told people that you were an ins agent and that an act of god doesn't count against...you should go to prison for the lies you tell...you call yourself a christian yet you lie, steal and cheat people...hell is your destination. He hires people and tells them a.s. is a christian company yet when it comes to doing the right thing he is satan himself!

Judge not lest ye be judged May 24, 2010

Jhammock, as a former insurance agent I can tell you that I've seen my clients get paid for a roof, car accident, liability claim, and automotive comprehensive claim and were not cancelled. All within a year. All insurance companies underwrite in very different ways and when one company denies coverage for too many "acts of god" claims there are plenty of others out there who would love to collect premiums from them. I've written people with multiple hail and comprehensive vehicle claims that never counted against them in our eyes. In fact, they still received the claim free discount we offered. The fact is that any insurance company can cancel coverage on whoever they want for whatever reason they want. The cancellation threat is nothing more than an insurance company scare tactic. Sadly it works. I had a client ask me this one time, "why do I pay you for something that I am afraid to ever use?" I promptly filed his claim. Take what you will, fellow posters, from a disgruntled employee. Anyone ever get fired from Walmart and proceed to let everyone know how crappy a company they are? I'm sure we've all known a few.

• Jh
    jhammockmaconga May 24, 2010

American shingle is a scam. They lie to people telling them that having an adjuster come out doesn't count as a claim...wrong...call your local Ins. Comm. Office. My I.C.O. sent me a letter stating that even if damage is not found that still it is a claim and that 3 claims in a 36 month period can result in loss of coverage!!! People are getting screwed because of these crooks. I showed them the letter and they said it wasn't true.Also I worked for A.S. for 3 weeks and made sales for them at the end of 3 weeks they let me go saying I wasn't working enough hours even though I spent 700.00 on gas and now A.S. will not pay me for my earned commission. Don't let these peolpe in your home and don't work for them.They even talked me into letting them look at my house...both A.S. and my ins. co. agreed there was no damage to my house but the A.S. guy tore some singles loose as he was coming down. I have called and called and they will not even return my call about fixing my roof they tore up!!

Judge not lest ye be judged May 24, 2010

Go to americanshingle.com and click on the community page. Not so sure a scam artist company would put a roof on someone's house FOR FREE. Sure it's good PR but it also helped a family in Kansas City get a roof that they apparently needed pretty badly but couldn't get it handled on their own. I've looked all over the place for some sort of legal issues with american shingle and can find none. My guess would be that they are legit. As far as going out of business is concerned, how many companies would spend their last dollars putting a roof on for someone without receiving any sort of payment for that job? NONE. The largest roofing company in america is not going anywhere. Competition and insurance companies will gripe about them for a very long time. If I was an insurance company I would hate them too because they affect my bottom line. Of course, if I was an insurance company I would also know that I have plenty of money. Anyone guess what Allstate spent on advertising last year? $381 million. I'm pretty sure american shingle and the claims that they make Allstate pay wouldn't even scratch that. At a pace of 200 roofs per week as someone above said that would total over 10, 000 in a year. Lets do a bit of math here. Better Business Bureau has 60 some complaints about them. That is less than 1% of all their customers and even double that to include those unhappy who didn't post to BBB and you've still got a company doing right by 98.8% of their customers. And by the way, those complaint numbers go back 3 years. So I think it is safe to assume that if a company can do good work and keep 99% of their customers happy then I'd probably want to do business with them.

Keep in mind you are asking this question on an internet complaint board. How many positive responses did you expect? While we're on the subject of the better business bureau does anyone know why companies like Best Buy, Coca Cola, and Applebees don't have an A rating? They are huge and do very well in their respective business sectors. Because they are not accredited. Anyone seen an accredited BBB company rated less than an A? Not very often. You know what it takes to be accredited? Money. Any of these companies pay the BBB they will immediately jump up in grade. Same company, same business practices, same number of complaints, but they paid for accreditation. Sounds like the BBB might be in the business of scamming.

• Mb
    MBG2010 May 21, 2010

Wow! I must say this is amazing. This company has made it to Columbia SC and so far I have gone back behind this company with the exact same complaints. Both of thecustomers that I have spoke with said the same thing " They forced me into signing a contract, got a "deductable check " and then delayed the job. I must say that whoever is practicing these sales methods must be out of his/her mind.
    It is against the law for this type of behavior and I have instructed both of my cutomers to contact an attorney along with their insurance company to pursue legal action.
    What this company is doing is as follows: Ride around neighborhoods looking for older homes that may need a new roof. They approach the customer with a forceful sales pitch and promise that they will take care of the insurance claim. Then they get a "deductable check" or a " adjuster fee" then delay the agreed install date. After they delay it they either pursue more money before they start or they do a very poor job on the roof when they finally come out. Please be aware that whoever practices these types of sales methods are "ambulance chasers" and are trying to scam either the homeowner and/or the insurance companies.
    This is not my opinion but is the truth direct from the homeowners I have spoken with. Please be aware of this scam

• Ro
    Roofer in Charlotte May 12, 2010

American Shingle has one of the worse if not the worse names in roofing in Charlotte, NC. Yes I do work for another company and yes I do talk to homeowners that WILL NOT deal with any roofing contractors now because of AMERICAN SHINGLE. There are enough adjusters that I have met with and homeowners that ALL say the same things...SCAM ARTIST!!!

• Sp
    Spider-Man Apr 21, 2010

We are a very large company and sometimes there are mistakes. We install 250 plus roofs nationally every week. Now seriously, do you really expect for all homeowners to not complain about anything? REALLY? It seems that every complaint comes from an individual who signed up to use us and they still have not once came into there local office to complain. If I had an issue with a business i would personally go talk to them face to face especially if they had an office near by!!!

• Mi
    midwest roofer Apr 21, 2010

i was approached by a American shingle rep and was fully informed of all there business practices.
    i was a little suspicious but went ahead and filed with American shingles help
    and now i know what damages are on my roof and can take care of it before i have a really serious problem.
    thank you American shingle if not for you i would have been out a lot of money for something that my insurance company will not cover

as far as the people out there complaining, 300 million revenue a year company will have a few people not happy
    hell i know a few people that you could give a million bucks to and they still would wonder why they didn't get 2 million.

i think people (adjusters and other contractors ) should stop blasting this website with crap about a company just because American shingle does more for the homeowner then they can.

• Co
    cowboy79 Apr 17, 2010

Hmm, american shingle scam, , you sound like a competitor to me, thats frustrated with their success and is trying to bring them down a notch or two. If anyone is been contacted by as, , ask them to give you the addresses of recent replacements, inform yourself and check the work. you only have to ask.

• La
    lady roofer Apr 17, 2010

American Shingle...contingency agreement...you are not locked into anything. Even if an adjuster from your insurance company has been out and approved your roof and decide to contact a local roofer you have confidence in then by all means you do what is right for you. American Shingle isn't going to take the time or spend the resources to 'hold' you to any agreement.

If you choose another roofer be sure to call your insurance company and have them add notes to your claim on your contractor of choice and the contact info too.

However, the minute you turn over a check to American Shingle then you are binding yourselves to allow them to install your roof and collect the rest of the payment from the insurance.

• Dc
    DCLTSC Apr 16, 2010

Never ever give anyone any money up front. Never ever sign anything until you research and view references and actual homes that they have completed in the area. American Shingle is what we "mom and Pop roofers" call "storm chasers". They set up a small local office in an area hit by a storm and hire locals and give them a crash course in high pressure sales. They find local subs that they hire and have no idea on their work quality or experience. They sit in an area for a few months, do about 100-200 roofs and leave the local residence with a poor quality roof. Us "mom and pop" companies clean up the mess by repairing these roofs.

• Li
    LittleMissA Apr 14, 2010

I have sign the contingency form but I am afraid to do busniess with American Shingles due to all the complaints and the suspense rating with BBB in Birmingham. GA has a rating of an "F" as on April 14, 2010. There are four houses in my neighborhood with American Shingle's advertisement since Oct. 2009. No new roof yet. That's a long time to wait for a new roof. Does any one have any advises about the contingeny contract that I signed???

• St
    struggler14 Apr 05, 2010

They got me!! Here I am in Dallas Ga, in need of a new roof due to the terrible workmanship. They of course got half my money. I have all of the same issues as the pictures show by the person above. Flashing hanging out everywhere. Roof is crooked, and wavy. They get your bid then sell it off to the cheapest sub contractor they can find. During the time while my roof was being replaced the salesman, coordinator, forman and regional manager quit. What else needs to be said. They are the fastest growing fastest falling roofing company with no respect. They will rip you off. Good luck with the BBB that a flop to. I have seen it, company pays score goes up. Its ALL ###ING LIES!!! Now my roof is in worse shape than if they would had never touched it!!!

• Am
    americanshinglecc Mar 31, 2010

American Shingle is definitely NOT a scamming company. It is true that we target areas that have wind/hail damage. We offer a service to customers from the very beginning. Most homeowners are not aware that they have hail damage or can even be approved for a new roof. American Shingle helps customers get approved. That is what allows us to stand out, we hold your hand from beginning to end. Homeowners that meet with their adjusters alone have a 30% chance of getting their claim approved. 30%! We have guys actually meet up with the adjusters at the homeowners house to help and point out things to get them approved. We have shown that 70% of roofs that we offer our services to get APPROVED! Insurance companies are not in the business of "giving away money" as I am sure you are aware of. The piece of paper that you sign when the sales rep meets with you is just a CONTINGENCY CONTRACT. It just basically a form of commitment. You commit to our company if we can get you approved for a roof. That's it! If you are not approved, there are no penalties. We have a customer care team that are easily accessible for any questions or concerns, can you say that about other roofing companies? We offer free upgrades from the start and have the highest quality shingles money can buy. We offer different warranties to suit your needs. As far as the scheduling, yes I will admit that we have had to schedule up to 8 weeks out. When considering the schedule please remember that this has been the rainiest season for each of our states and consequently it effects us greatly. After all, we ARE a roofing company. It is our job to work around the weather mishaps. Like the person above said, EVERY company that exists has had issues with customers. You cant make everyone happy. A roof is a very important purchase to customers because this is the house that they bought with their hard earned money. In no way is American Shingle trying to take that for granted. Every installation will not be to complete satisfaction for every single homeonwer. American Shingle will take responsibility for any mishaps that happen during the installation. We will get the issues fixed. If you look at the records of BBB, we do have complaints HOWEVER we have resolved most of them and are working to resolve them all. American Shingle will be around for years to come. Please beware of the "Mom and Pop" roofing companies that may go down in a year or two. For anyone that has concerns that have not been addressed to their satisfaction, please send your concerns to the Customer Care team.

• La
    lady roofer Mar 30, 2010

Banks236 I clicked on your profile and sent a message that may contain some useful info. Hope it helps. I agree the work is shoddy and unacceptable. I am not sure what is going on with the company...i knew of them for a year and they were great and didn't have these issues but they are growing way too fast and it seems a little out of control if there is no system in place to guarantee premium installations and hire crews that are experienced and well trained. This type of situation makes all roofers look bad but there are plenty of great ones too so like everything else research and references and seeing the work on other homes is worth the effort before you sign up for anything. Also i will state...that agreement you sign with American Shingle is NOT a contract...it is clearly a contingency agreement...you are not locked into anything. I would also agree with the poster citing HR problems...there is no doubt issues with growth...but growing pains are no excuse for shoddy installs.

• Yo
    you all dummies Mar 30, 2010

you all are idiots who dont even see the big picture I cant believe you are all this dumb and own homes wow you should be ashamed

• Yo
    you all dummies Mar 30, 2010

every one on this site was an idiot plain stupid as for american shingle they need help with al there hr stuff and thats just simple growing pains by law they cannot keep the insureds money thats what bonding is for. They simpley will just get kicked out of where the are trying to work. For there defense they are putting on around 200 roofs a week nationwide so give em a little break on being so back logged you all didnt even consider a new roof until they showed up whats the rush.

• Do
    Doublestack Mar 26, 2010

Hey American Shingle Scam, I know who you are and I am glad you got fired...you should have gone to jail. You better be careful posting those lies on here...your IP address can easily be tracked and you are tempting them to come after you.

MaconLady Mar 25, 2010

All these complaints in one day? My bet is someone is spamming the board. My salesperson was a pastor. Told me there are 3 pastors and a ex cop working for them. Don't beleive this stuff. It's probably a competitor

• Re
    rescue537 Mar 25, 2010

I have also had a similar experience with these people.They refuse to give a quote and want the check. I have a check from my insurance company but have yet to go any farther.I am very sketchy about them.I need a new roof but this company seems very shady and not trust worthy.I just dont know what to do at this point since i signed that damn agreement.Any help would be appreciated.