AJAR Management LLCRIP OFF Contractor

A

In July 2015, Guasia Jones of AJAR Management LLC was hired to complete a renovation of the property located Brooklyn, NY 11207. At this time a deposit was given . Occupants (who were paying the bills in the home) were advised to move out while Guasia Jones used the bottom floor as storage rather than using the deposit to get proper storage bins to remove junk causing the home owner to have to pay for mortgage month to month out of pocket while no one occupied the premises. At the end of August another check In September Gausia asked for more money to complete the top 2 floors. (To this date, has not been completed, it’s still framing and sheetrock) A check was given on 9/5/2015 on 9/26. At this point with the amount of money distributed the top 2 floors should have been completed in its totality. However this was not the case. After weeks upon weeks went by with us seeing that any work has been completed, Guasia had surgery and used this as an excuse not to finish work. This dragged through out Thanksgiving holiday. From September – December he was to have his workers complete work but did not. We saw no progress in the work. The same amount of work that we saw in September we saw coming up to December and now in May 2016. At this point we became furious no longer wanted to dish out more money and we didn’t see the progress of the work. Cash, personal and certified bank checks have been given to Guasia with work not completed. Guasia then came up with an agreement his words verbatim “you don’t have to put money in my hand, pay for the material and let’s finish this job”. In desperation, I agreed on that but that still didn’t help the situation. In December we paid over 10K in material (which is still sitting there) and also paid $4000 cash with a complete deadline of Mid-January for completion. From December the only work that has been done is painting for one floor, and installation of doors and door knobs. No additional work has been done and no one has gone to the property. In January still trying to get through to Guasia and work something out, he has been promising to go to the property and hasn’t. The most recent personal excuse was that his vehicle was towed and he could go over to the residence. I volunteered to pick him up his workers up rent tools anything just to get the work done. We are now in May, Guasia is now asking for more money, supposedly to pay his workers (with the money that we have paid out before it should have covered paying the workers, but I sincerely believe that he used the money for personal use and have no money to complete the job) He also arranged for us to pay for cabinets (as another tactic to stall the job) This makes no sense, he keeps asking us to pay for more material but he has yet utilized the material that is just sitting there. Nothing has been done. He keeps asking for more money to “pay his workers” and even more ridiculous “gas money” To date we have paid approximately60K to Guasia in Check, Cash and new material. Everything that he is asking for extra money for should have been covered under the money that we have already paid. This is FRAUD by deception; Guasia Jones had no intentions on completing our job (from the beginning) and is also extorting my family out of money. He is very aware of our eagerness to finish the project and using that to extort more money out of the situation

A number of people have come to the residence stating that Guasia owes them money as well. Workers have not been paid and just like he isn’t returning my calls he isn’t returning their calls.

This renovation has caused debt at the hands of Ajar Management:
• A home equity line of credit was taken out in which we are accruing at about $100 a month in interest (currently 10 months later $1000)
• Mortgage on a home that is not being occupied $1100 a month (currently 10 months later 11000)
• Con ed has no access to the premises so homeowner is responsible for a budget billing of $300 (3000)
• After dishing out approximately 60K on this project plus all the expenses above, I am NOT paying any extra money to Ajar Management LLC; my contract lists the amount for labor and supplies. Based on the contract I should have had atleast 2 floors fully completed and the last floor pending completion. The amount that is left in the balance will be given at the end of the project. I just want my project finished. If he doesn’t finish after this complaint I will continue to pursue both civil and criminal charges against Guasia Jones/ AJAR Management LLC.
• The owner of the property is a senior citizen and is on fixed income. The stress this agreement has had on the senior citizen as well as the families acting on her behalf has caused strain and stress.

• Updated by Alert123 · Mar 20, 2017

please provide your email

• Co
    Conned Customer Feb 09, 2017

I'm shocked that more people have fallen victim to this. He has stolen from me too. This man is a con-artist.

• Al
    Alert123 Mar 20, 2017

@Conned Customer message me your email address

• Ga
    Gausia st.orbin Jones Mar 28, 2017

@Conned Customer We went to court, and make sure she tells you that this is my disgruntled family of my son's mother on here spreading lies! But God's blessings will never stop!
    My flaw is the that I try to give low prices to people who can't afford to do the things in their home they desire!
    Why didn't Candace Foster post the other jobs I completed for her! Don't tell half truths!
    Con-Artist no, wrong yes!
    Because I should charge people the right price !

• Gs
    GS&S Awnings May 08, 2018

Con-Artist doesn't even begin to describe it.. Gausia owes our company, GS&S Awnings $3, 750 for an awning installed for a customer of his in 2015. The job was $7, 500. He gave a 50% deposit and signed a contract agreeing to pay the balance upon installation. After we installed we NEVER heard from him again. No final payment. No response to messages or emails. NOTHING.

• Mo
    More info May 12, 2018

Please email [email protected] I'm interested in learning more of this.

• Ga
    Gausia st.orbin Jones May 12, 2018

Did you give the invoice to the customer? Secondly I never got a bill from you guys, your guys installed the awning and gave the bill to the customer am o mistaken? I never dealt with you guys after I made the order! [protected] is my number and three years later slandering me won’t change the fact that you guys never contacted me nor gave me a bill !!!

So ther you have my number and your company installed your product correct? Now you should of went back for it if you’re blaming me!!! Just reach out to the number any day anytime