Advanced Beauty SolutionsPoor customer service and products

J

I ordered a Tru Ceramic Pro back in October of 2005. It was right before I was about to move into my new house. I never received it and unfortunately never bothered to check if my credit card was charged, which I just found out it was. Since I never received the product, I ended up ordering another one from a different company called Folica.com. After about 4 months the straightener stopped working but that is the least of my problems now. I started getting these letters from Advanced beauty Solutions originally with a balance due of $99.00. Well I thought it was from the place I actually finally got the straightener from so I just figured they would catch their own mistake because I knew they had charged my credit card for the one I did receive. I come to find out last night that Advanced Beauty Solutions is not who I finally got the straightener from and that they are billing me for the straightener I never received. Not only that but I already paid $80.00 or so on my credit card and they are saying that I still owe them $99! Even if I had received the straightener, the one that I did receive was only $79.95 and not $179.00 like Advanced Beauty Solutions is trying to bill me! I called the collection agency that Advanced Beauty Solutions hired (who is out of business now by the way) and she is telling me that she can’t send me any documentation showing that it was delivered to me but kept giving me a date of 11/5/05 that it was delivered. She couldn’t even verify which address it was delivered to. She told me that Advanced Beauty Solutions was purchased by Tristar products and I am now going to be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau as they assumed all of their liabilities, etc. when they purchased the company. I think it is ironic that Advanced Beauty Solutions has gone out of business now and no wonder with how poor their customer service and products are.

• Sb
    S. Bonilla Sep 24, 2009

We should be able to file a legal complain...any ideas?? co's like these rob people of thousands of money and get away with it..!!

• To
    Tom May 09, 2009

I ordered a Tru Ceramic Pro back in October of 2005. It was right before I was about to move into my new house. I never received it and unfortunately never bothered to check if my credit card was charged, which I just found out it was. Since I never received the product, I ended up ordering another one from a different company called Folica.com. After about 4 months the straightener stopped working but that is the least of my problems now. I started getting these letters from Advanced beauty Solutions originally with a balance due of $99.00. Well I thought it was from the place I actually finally got the straightener from so I just figured they would catch their own mistake because I knew they had charged my credit card for the one I did receive. I come to find out last night that Advanced Beauty Solutions is not who I finally got the straightener from and that they are billing me for the straightener I never received. Not only that but I already paid $80.00 or so on my credit card and they are saying that I still owe them $99! Even if I had received the straightener, the one that I did receive was only $79.95 and not $179.00 like Advanced Beauty Solutions is trying to bill me! I called the collection agency that Advanced Beauty Solutions hired (who is out of business now by the way) and she is telling me that she can’t send me any documentation showing that it was delivered to me but kept giving me a date of 11-5-05 that it was delivered. She couldn’t even verify which address it was delivered to. She told me that Advanced Beauty Solutions was purchased by Tristar products and I am now going to be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau as they assumed all of their liabilities, etc. when they purchased the company. I think it is ironic that Advanced Beauty Solutions has gone out of business now and no wonder with how poor their customer service and products are.