Zenni Opticalbad service

I purchased two pair of glasses from Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com). When I recieved them I found that one pair was good while the other pair was distorted in the right lens. I immediately called the Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com) customer service and was informed that I needed to return the defective pair for inspection. I promptly returned Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com) as instructed. After not receiving a response for approximately three weeks and not receiving any answers from phonecalls to Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com)customer service, I received and email stating that the glasses were not defective and I would need to pay $4.95 to have them shipped back to me or be refunded only 50% of the purchase price. I immediately Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com) called customer service inquiring about the email and they said the same thing. Once I mentioned that the other pair I received was fine, Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com) seemed confused and requested that I respond to the email. After responding with this information, Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com)requested that I send back my GOOD pair so that they could compare. When I asked for another alternative due to the fact that I am wearing the other pair and need them to see, Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com) would not do anything and again said that I could pay $4.95 to have them shipped back to me (as is) or I could be refunded 50% of the purchase price. Needless to say, after being both patient and cordial and dealing with this situation for over a month, I informed Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com) that I would be complaining about their business and would not be a customer in the future. I hope to receive my 50% refund, but I have my doubts. Basically, Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com) took approximately $25 and I received nothing in return. DON'T BUY FROM ZENNI OPTICAL! YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Ki
    Kim Feb 01, 2009

I understand that your situation is frustrating but considering how little you paid for your glasses what did you expect? Personally I am willing to put up with a little poor customer service in order to save hundreds of dollars on my glasses (I spent $800 on 4 pairs last year)!

• Gk
    gkissez Feb 09, 2009

Do NOT use this company! The employees are hateful-- non-helpful and disrespectful!

They took our money over 7 weeks ago, promising delivery within 2 weeks.

STILL NO PRODUCT

This is a SCAM ---Buyer BEWARE--- do NOT use Zenni Optical!!!

• Ba
    barry goldberg Feb 11, 2009

2-12-09
    I ordered from Zenni Optical on !2/27/08...Zenni told me that they in Calif. reveived the eyeglasses on 12/2/08. I have yet to receive them! They have come up with every excuse in the book. The best excuse was that US customs held up over 4, 000 pair at the port. Then Zenni re-ordereod them...they told me they shipped them out, but didn't have any type of tracking # as the US post office made a mistake. I still don't have the glasses (10 weeks after I ordered them)...they have offered me 50% refund. I asked them why I should pay 50% for somthing I never received and they said "take it or leave it" ... I called my credit card company and they have credited me the entire emount. Paying for something and getting nothing in return is against the law. I have since called the Calif. dept of consumer affairs and they have a file on Zenni, as do the US post office, and the US dept of customs...BOTTOM LINE IS DON'T ORDER FROM ZENNI

• Mo
    MossGlen Feb 12, 2009

Scam!
    We ordered glasses Jan. 3, 2009. They are not delivered yet. Each week another excuse. Each week a promise we will see them by the end of the week or we will see a tracking number by the next day. None of these has yet to happen. Don't risk your money! They don't deliver, just promise. The 800 number is so jammed that you have to try many times just to get in the hold que which takes 16 to 25 minutes to get through to get another excuse.

• Li
    Lisa Feb 14, 2009

I ordered three pairs of the $8.00 glasses with shipping for $28.95. I ordered on 1/24/2009 and got them on 2/14/2009. They were perfect, no damage they appear to be my perscription (I can see, but I didn't go to the eye doctor to double check). They came in a bubble envelope with a hard protective case for each one. I'm exceedingly happy with my purchase. Delivery did take longer than 10 days, but it's an excellent trade to the money I saved.

• Ri
    ricardo garcia Feb 17, 2009

Use Zenni optical; great product, no delivery issues, no quality issues, extremely competitive pricing.

I ordered and received 3 high-quality pair of glasses for $60 (total for the three) in about 2-1/2 weeks. No issues.

The prices are very low and the purchase is very low risk. Do the math! Other outlet stores are selling their product at 1, 000% markup.

This is a no-brainer; I would recommend this people to anybody.

R. Garcia, Oldsmar, FL

• Ba
    bantling14 Feb 23, 2009

I ordered from Zenni also. Still no glasses. They gave me the same lame excuse about a customs mix up. Since my glasses were "in stock" at the time of the order, what were they waiting for that customs was involved? As far as I know, shipping from California to Illinois does not require customs. I think I will go thru Better Business Bureau and then have the charge reversed on my credit card.

• Fi
    Fight Back Feb 23, 2009

Hello to all of you that have been scammed by zenni! This is what you do-if you do not receive your glasses in a timely manner-keep track of when you have called them. If they do not get your glasses to in the time frame they say call your credit card company and ask for a charge back for goods not received. When you receive their glasses DO NOT ACCEPT THEM-take it to post office UNOPENED and write return to sender or REFUSED! Don't take their terrible service or their CRAPPY return policy. GET YOUR MONEY BACK and buy from Goggles4U. They are much more reputable.

I am so angry at all there customer service. IDIOTS! Took over month to get a simple Rx. Sent their crap back.

• Al
    Alice Mar 03, 2009

I too ordered my glasses on 1/3/09. I didn't receive them until mid February. I called and was given the same excuse-- that a shipment of over 4, 000 was held up in customs and instead of waiting to get that shipment through, my glasses were being re-made and re-sent to me. To Zenni's credit, three days later I received a shipment confirmation from Hong Kong (the glasses are contracted out and manufactured overseas in China). Three days after the e-mail confirmation, my glasses arrived in the mail. They are wonderful, and I've had many, many compliments on them. It took six weeks; however, I only paid $12.95 total for them (that includes shipping!). Honestly, the people on the phone were really nice (despite my frustration at the time). I'm about to order a second, back-up pair. I'd like to give them another try.

• Lb
    lbc Mar 24, 2009

3/24/09. For Zenni Optical: My order id # is: 533720. I wrote 3 emails and phone twice. Not even a single phone call back or any response. I am very dissapointed with such a bad service. Definitely you will loose a lot of customers by doing this bad service. I'll try great eyeglasses.com now. People who want to order to Zenni, please be careful. You might be dissapointed like me. Very Very Disspointed. Not Strongly recommended to new customers or repeated customers. STAY AWAY. I'm just so frustrated here...

• So
    SouthShoreMom Apr 05, 2009

I have ordered seven pairs of glasses from zenni for myself, my husband, my son, and my inlaws. The first ones I ordered I took to my optometrist office who kindly verified that they were made correctly to my perscription. They do take several weeks to arrive, but considering my son's first pair of glasses from lenscrafters cost $500 (he is 8) I do not mind the slow service when I am only paying $8/pair. I am just about to go online and purchase perscription sunglasses for us. Even if they screwed a pair up they will refeund half of the price...which is clearly stated on the website. You are saving HUNDREDS of dollars. Honestly there is no pleasing some people.

• Na
    nancy lorraine Apr 06, 2009

I ordered from Zenni on 3-1-09. The glasses were due to arrive by 3-15 or sooner. It's April 6th, and still no glasses. I called several times. The first time I reached a very helpful and nice person, who said they were held up in customs but should be to me my March 31st. That didn't happen. I've called and emailed several times since then with no success in reaching a rep. The phone message I get says there are no reps available and the message machine can't take any more messages. I received no response from my emails. Waiting a long time is one thing, but not getting a response at all is another. I'll try a different company next time.

• Li
    Lindsay Apr 08, 2009

That's interesting. I have ordered glasses from Zenni three times over the last three years, and every time I have received my glasses within 2-3 weeks. I understand your frustration, I would be frustrated too, but I am pretty sure that Zenni is not a scam. My glasses are fully functional and are just as described. They probably just lost your order or something.

I haven't had any of the customer service problems that these other folks have mentioned. Once, I even forgot where I kept my prescription, so I e-mailed Zenni to see if they still had a record of it, and they e-mailed it to me within a week. Maybe Zenni is just poorly staffed and experiences infrequent but very busy order periods.

• Tr
    Tree Hugger Apr 09, 2009

I don't think Zenni is a scam, but I also don't think you can trust them any more. They seem to be overwhelmed or having severe pipeline issues. I have had a holdup myself recently with details that resemble those of the other complainers here.

The bigger problem is that the service reps can't seem to be honest about the problems. They told me things that misled me into trusting them further. If they were simply honest about their problems, then I might cut them more slack because in the end the glasses are inexpensive. Unfortunately, in the end, they need to deliver <i>something</i> for the money given to them. Otherwise, I go to Visa and dispute the charges for goods undelivered.

dam Apr 12, 2009

I ordered two pairs of riding goggles. They arrived a couple weeks late but so be it. The issue is that the optical insert on both of them shattered after 3 uses (with very careful handling because you could see the stress cracks in the plastic emerging over time). I have tried to contact Zenni with no response -- sent pictures of the shattered inserts as well as where there are cracks formed but not yet split all the way through. Very disappointing.

It is clear that chinese manufacturer (the goggles arrived directly via DHL from China) used inappropriate plastic that could not sustain the stress of having the lenses press fit into it.

Very disappointing. What's the point of saving money when the result doesn't work at all ?

• Ab
    Absolutely Disguted in MD Apr 16, 2009

I'm having the same problem - I ordered glasses on 3/1/09 and still have yet to receive them. I have been given 6 different excuses on why I have not received them. Funny thing is, 2 times I was told they were on there way - yet no glasses! Yes, they are cheap and yes I read that they may be held up in customs, but this is riduculous! You can't tell me it takes almost 2 months to get these glasses, when others seem to get them on time. I don't buy it!

no rockefeller Apr 24, 2009

got what i ordered, seems ok.

• Ul
    ullom78 Apr 28, 2009

i ordered glasses from these guys on april 4. they said they would be here in 2 weeks. still no glasses. i called customer service and they said they got held up at customs, and since it has taken so long, the lab is remaking them, now they said it could be another 2 weeks before i get them.

• Le
    Lewis Sense May 29, 2009

Similar problem here. I had previously owned two pair of Zenni eyeglasses and they were perfect. I ordered three new pair and received them in less than 3 weeks. Two of the pair were optically perfect (sunglasses), but the third pair was unusable. There were odd distortions in both lenses - if you looked at something and moved your head up or down, the object went in and out of focus rapidly. I contacted Zenni and was told to return the suspected defective pair. After 3 weeks or so, I heard from them that there was nothing wrong with the lenses - they were "within the acceptable tolerance". I asked about refund options and was told I could pay to have them returned to me as-is, or they would refund 50% of my cost, and I chose the 50% refund. Weeks went by with no refund. I called a couple of days ago and was told they'd issue the credit immediately. Of course, that has not been done. I was a good customer of Zenni and brought them many new customers over the past 2 years. They clearly have problems in producing lenses sometimes and have no concept of customer service. The price is low, but the results is a crap-shoot. I got stung once in 5 pair of eyeglasses. If you must order from them, decide first whether or not you can afford this risk.

• Ul
    ultravox Jul 06, 2009

I have ordered twice from Zenni and been perfectly satisfied both times. The first time I ordered an $8 pair; the second time I ordered three pairs, including one pair of sunglasses. I was very pleased with all the glasses. They were delivered within two weeks of ordering.

Read the fine print before ordering anything from any company. If you pay with a credit card, you have options & rights through your credit card company if not satisfied with your purchase.

Considering that I used to pay well over $100 for glasses on top of what my vision insurance covered, I feel that $12.95 is absolutely worth the risk. I will continue to use Zenni. I've recommended them to others who also have been very happy with their glasses.

• Ya
    Yammi Jul 30, 2009

I just got this email...

The delivery of your order of eyeglasses has been temporarily delayed, due to a Customs' inspection, but we expect their release shortly. Any shipment of items being imported into the US may be inspected on a random basis, at any time. This inspection is beyond the control of Zenni Optical, and these occasional delays are indicated in the General Information on the home page of the website, the subheading "Production /Shipping.”

Your order should arrive shortly.

Thank you for your patience and your patronage.

Whats gonna happen now?????

jalskjo Aug 06, 2009

i think anyone that orders from this company disserves anything and everything that happens to them. these are glasses being made by god knows who or where. people hate the fact jobs are being sent over seas. well where do you think $9 glasses are made? probably not in the u.s. glasses are your eyes. would you goto a third world country to have a major medical surgery done? probably not. there are standards that have to be followed. buying glasses online is just CRAZY. if you want cheap glasses you dont have to pay hundreds of dollars at your drs office. there are other optical shops every where. you have lenscrafters, pearle vision, sears, jc penny, walmart, americas best. there are plenty of options in AMERICA!

• Ai
    Aidn78 Aug 11, 2009

Bottom line people, buy products made in the USA, not in china.

• E4
    E430 Aug 17, 2009

I have made 6 purchases from Zenni Optical in the past 4 years and in total purchased 10 sets of glasses. The glasses are very low in price and are consistent with what is shown on their website. The quality of the glasses is reasonable, not spectacular but a good buy for the money. The screws in the lenses have come out a few times and one set of lenses cracked but it is a very good buy for the money. However, the problem is their very poor customer service and extremely rude telephone staff. Twice in the six purchases Zenni Optical has made errors. In one case an order that normally takes 2 weeks took 5 weeks and required 4 phone calls. In the second case they delivered the wrong product and told me I had to pay the shipping to return the product which was due to their error. In both instances when I attempted to discuss the situation with the support staff on the phone I was dealt with very rudely. So the prices are quite low but, based on my experience there's a reasonable chance that there will be a mistake with order and that you will be treated poorly and possibly asked to pay for their mistake.

• We
    westhedog Aug 31, 2009

I use greateyeglasses.com and they really are great. I had an issue with one pair and the swapped them out without a hassle and I was able to reach them. So far I've bought 3 pair from them and all has be perfect.

I haven't use Zenni, but I used a few other and I like greateyeglasses.com best.

• Do
    docflash Sep 19, 2009

zenni optical is great.

i've used zenni optical since may of 2008. i've bought 7 pairs of glasses from them.

in every case, they were delivered quickly and in good condition. they each came in their own hard case, along w/ a microfiber cleaning cloth.

the temple on one pair of flexible hingeless frames broke. i contacted zenni optical, and they asked me to send it back, which i did. they replaced it at no charge.

when i've asked questions, i've gotten a timely response by email. i haven't tried to telephone them.

i recommend them to all my patients who wear glasses (i'm a primary care physician in greenbrae, california). the only occasion that i regretted recommending them was when i told one of my patients, whose husband (i'd forgotten) was an optician.

she wasn't smiling when she left, like most of my patients usually do.

i've only had good experiences with them.

• Td
    tdog51501 Oct 20, 2009

I have ordered10 pairs of eyeglasses from zennioptical.com over the last year. I have yet to have a bad experience. There was only 1 instance in which i did not receive my glasses within the 2 weeks promised delivery time frame but they came just 3 days late of that. In fact, every other order i placed came in just 1 week.

I feel bad for those of you who have had these awful experiences. If i ever happen to go through anything like what has been described in some of these stories I will probably rethink where I shop for my eye wear. But for now, Zenni has my complete loyalty as a customer.

T. J. Brown
    Decatur, GA

danalip Nov 03, 2009

i orderd my daughter 4 pair and they were perfect. we couldnt be happier and they came right on time . we orderd 10/09 and im about 2 order my step kids a pair .and also when i called them they were really nice no complants for me at all.

Madldo Nov 08, 2009

As a 20 yr LDO in Atlanta I have to say this first, I don't agree with the online sale of glasses primarily due to the loss of business not only to my profession but also sending money to China just seems wrong. Im sure Most of Zenni customers go their for the price and I do understand that but did you ever stop to think why they are so cheap? I know you "happy" Zenni customers do not wanna hear this and probably dismiss this anyway, but do yourself a favor and look up "ansi standards" and "abby value" for glasses. There are VERY narrow tolerances that deal in mm for your lenses, since your glasses are made in china, these standards are not followed . So how can you still see ok out of your glasses? Since the eye is a muscle it will strain to conform and adjust the glasses this is often confused as "its just a new rx", or "they are different glasses", which in some cases can be true but the reason we follow the "ansi" standards is so we don't cause damage to your vision.
    So those who purchase Multi-focals, you may or may not have noticed that they did not ask for a seg height. The seg height is the placement of the reading part of the lens, there is only 1mm tolerance in this critical measurement which they simply guess at because they have no way to take this measurement . If the seg is to high you will look through the wrong part of the lens for the distance rx, if its to low you'll have to raise the chin alot higher than normal to use the intermediate and near portion of the lens. This can be a major problem for your eyes.
    Those that only wear single vision for distance only or near only, its even harder for you to tell if the glasses where made correctly. Even if you take your glasses to be checked by your local optician and he/she says the rx is fine, there are other factors which can still negatively effect your vision that still need to be taken into consideration. RESEARCH "unwanted prism"
    One last potential problem is the pd, first off, its NOT part of the eye exam, it is your measurement. It is the responsibility of whoever makes your glasses to take this measurement. Since they are in China they tell you to go to your local optician to have them do this for you for free, or take the pd yourself in the mirror which wont be correct for distance since your eyes converge in as you look at the near. So when you enter the pd on your online form, its taken monocularly instead of binocularly. My guess is they do this to dumb down the process for you. The problem here is if your mono pd is 65, they will split it and put 32.5 in each eye, this is fine if you have a low single vision rx, or you have symmetrical eyes. My best guess is only 3-5 % of my patients in 20 years have symmetrical eyes. So there is a good chance your pd will be entered in wrong which can will induce "unwanted prism". There is only a 1.5 mm tolerance per eye to this measurement, higher rx or multi-focal lenses will tolerate less than a 1.5 mm error.
    So with all this (and there is alot more i haven't mentioned) will you go blind? No, you wont. Can you be causing major problems for yourself down the road? YES.
    I would be happy to answer any questions or listen to comments you might have thanks for reading.

ps. why people are buying 9 and 10 pr of glasses if the one pr is good is a little odd, I mean I get you want to change look or want sunglasses but after buying 9 of their glasses you spend the same $ amount one 1 or 2 good pair at a local optical shop.

• Pa
    Papercut Nov 15, 2009

Sending money to China is wrong!?!?!??! I am laughing so hard!!

Please look and see where the frames are made in your local eye place.

It's NOT USA.

So you can cry all you want, dear optometrists. You all have been ripping people off for YEARS! We know your game now and we are not going to play it!

Say YES to online glasses!! Stop getting taken advantage of by your optometrist.

dannyh1972 Dec 05, 2009

I ordered two pairs from them, one was a 25 dollar pair with all the extras, the other was an 8 dollar pair I plan to use in the yard, working. after almost two weeks which is what they promised I got a notice they were being shipped from CA, I was expecting another week at least before I got them, they showed up only two days afterwards, the 25 dollar pair is the best pair I have ever worn!!! everything is crystal clear I was surprised because even at lens crafter's I don't get a pair like that, the 8 dollar pair was good not as clear as the other one but I did not ordered the options on it. I am 100% happy with what I have received, Many people in my area purchased from them also and have been happy.

• Ps
    psalm70 Dec 05, 2009

I ordered 2 pair for my daughter, very fashionable, she's pleased (its normally hard to please a preteen); the price was great, I'm pleased. And they arrived in a reasonable amount of time (in fact I was surprised at how fast I received them).
    I wouldn't say that the complaints aren't legit but I can only attest to my experience and with everything, you have your pros and your cons...if the pros outweigh the cons go for it, if it's the opposite...walk away.

• Rp
    rpk25 Dec 11, 2009

I would recomend these people to anyone. I had no problems with the service I received from them. I even put in the wrong perscription and they emailed me to make sure it was right. I emailed them back with the right perscription and got my glasses in about 2 weeks. No complaints, extremely low prices and good customer service. I recommend them to the thousands out there that cant afford vision insurance and those pricey eye wear!

Maureen_S Dec 22, 2009

If this place didn't exist, I wouldn't be able to drive a car. I had been paying up to 500 dollars per pair of glasses OF THE SAME QUALITY. With the high price tag, did I get to go into a shop and complain if my glasses took longer than expected - yes. Did they take them back if they were scratched - NO.

People, this company isn't a scam and yes, the people who respond do complaints are less than wondefully trained opticians. This having been said, I can purchase (and as a matter of fact have this year for the third time) a great pair of glasses that will be just as high in quality as those from a brick and mortar BECAUSE THEY USE THE SAME MATERIALS MADE IN CHINA AS DO THE HIGH END BRICK AND MORTARS.

Keep this in mind and consider that while some of us are just cheap while others of us are part of the HUGE number of unemployed people trying to find work and live our lives, to call a company a scam because you paid 8-15 dollars for a pair of glasses COULD turn people who otherwise may not be able to afford something so precious as sight away from a mostly great company.

By the way, I got my glasses within a month - not a week and U.S. CUSTOMS is going through MOST shipments of CHINESE goods coming through the US because the FDA is trying to ban the fake cigarette (nicotine delivery devices). Don't blame Zenni, take a look at what the Federal Government is doing to your health (and for that matter the fake healthcare bills that we'll all end up screwed over).

ZENNIS website currently says they are not taking new orders because they are backed up. I think that much is responsible AND HOPE YOU WHO ARE WAITING GET YOUR GLASSES but please, do not scare people from an 8.00 purchase once Zenni is back up and running. For some, this is A LOT of money!! If I hadn't used them repeatedly in the past, I sure would be turned off reading all the groaning on here (some justified, some over the top).

• Gr
    greatdeal10 Jan 11, 2010

I am very happy with my purchase from zenni they are a great value. just be sure and get your PD from the OD. this will let them know that you are going to shop for eyeglasses . and will probably hurt their feelings as most recieve a bonus for the eyeglasses purchased at the store.

• Fe
    Felice Schillaci Jan 31, 2010

My experience was just most pleasant. I ordered one pair first. They sent me no less than 3 emails stating that the prescription I gave was wrong. I had it checked and sure enough they were right. I ordered a second pair after I was totally satisfied with the first pair and sure enough the new prescription just written by my doctor again was wrong. This means that they saved me big $$$. I recommend them, without reservation.
    Felice from Pinehurst, NC

• De
    dentoku Feb 09, 2010

I ordered two pair of glasses a week apart in Jan, 2010. I am wearing one pair now as I type this note. I ordered from a brand new prescription from my eye Dr and I suspected he got the right eye wrong because he gave me nearly a 2 diopter correction on the right eye when I had had lasik on that eye back to 20-20 about four years ago. I would have maybe agreed with a half diopter correction in that time, (.50) but nearly two (+1.75) no way. Before I received the first pair I went ahead and ordered a second pair because the prices are so low, why not? The first pair came and they were beautifully made, gorgeous, actually, but sure enough, the prescription on the right eye was too much. I had ordered the second pair with no prescription at all on the right eye because of my suspicion that it was close to zero needed. The second pair came yesterday and they, too, were beautifully made. And sure enough, the second pair are just right, as I suspected they might be. I have an appointment with my eye Dr tomorrow to recheck my scrip, but it looks like I will be sending back the first pair to have the right lens redone. It was not zenni's fault, it was my eye Dr's fault. Note here: yesterday I visited a local shop to see what they would charge to redo the right lens so I might avoid the sending them back for a redo. The woman looked at them and exclaimed, these are very very nice glasses (titanium memory frameless design, carbon side temple arms... really beautiful...one of their more expensive frames...) and asked where I got them. I asked her if she had heard of zennioptical.com and she said she had but hadn't looked at their product, supposing that for 8 dollars they couldn't be any good. I told her well you are holding a pair that cost$ 59, with titanium, etc and no line bifocal, etc. She was stunned. She said these glasses here would run you nearly 400, maybe more. I replied that that is why I ordered them from zenni. I had the other pair with me and showed her those too. Gorgeous, with blue tint and no-line bi-focal, - price paid, $46. What? Impossible. She said to go back and have the lens redone at zenni since it would cost more than a hundred to have it redone by them. As I left she whispered so her bosss wouldn't hear her ... I'm going to look at zenni tonight when I get home. Someone up above commented that there's sometimes no pleasing some people and it's a true story. Zenni offers an incredible product at nearly a give-away price compared to what they would cost locally and it would be worth some hassle to get their prices. Wake up people! Be thankful for what you are getting and work with zenni to get your order straight. You'll be fine. I almost forgot, on the second pair I had entered the script info incorrectly and I emailed zenni with the correction - renni replied the next day that they had made the change and my glasses would be coming soon. They did and are gorgeous. Regards to all.

• We
    Wes B Feb 14, 2010

I figured I'd give it a shot and ordered 3 pair of glasses. It took a couple of weeks, but, here they are. I can see fine with them (checked all three pair) so they got the prescription right. I kept the price down to ~$15 per pair by not ordering photogrey, but, now wish I had (I knew it was $40 more and didn't want to take the risk should this turn out bad). My last optical check was in 1996 when I got 3 pair of glasses (all ended up being luxottica's and they were NOT $8 a frame by a far sight) from an optical company. Over the years one set's lenses got scratched up, paint dropletted, etc. to the point of uselessness - I have pitched them years ago. I was forced to braze the second set after I broke one of the nose pads off - it's close but the lenses in them are getting pretty far gone (scratched) as well. I was down to one pair of glasses. I figure with the 3 pair I have just received from Zenni, even if they don't last as long, I will still save a fortune.

• Mi
    michael47 Feb 23, 2010

I've heard a lot of similar complaints about the company so after some intense research I decided to buy my glasses from eyebuydirect.com. My glasses came very quickly, in perfect condition, and I haven't had to deal with any of the issues listed above. I strongly recommend them, especially with their huge selection of different types of prescription/non-prescription glasses. Navigating the website was easy and a joy, very modern, making the whole experience that much nicer.

• Co
    Consumer228 Mar 01, 2010

I have ordered glasses from Zenni in the past and am quite satisfied with the service and product. I'm still wearing the first pair that I have ever ordered from them and they still work great. I've recommended family members to Zenni and they are also satisfied with the products received. I was a bit skeptical at first, but now I always order my glasses from them. There's no point in spending hundreds on a pair of eye glasses when I can get them for a about $15 including shipping. It may take 2 weeks to get the product, but that honestly, you can't complain about that when you're getting prescription glasses for a steal compared to every where else.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices