World of WarcraftTrial Account Upgrade Failure

I upgraded my World of Warcraft trial account, played it for 2 days, then sat down to play it again on Sunday. I logged into my account only to be told that my account had been suspended. It referred me to an email. I opened the email, and it said there was some problem processing my upgrade. They gave me a number to call - and of course, nobody is working on Sunday. They also LOCKED ME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I cannot even look to see if there was something wrong with my credit card entry. I cannot see anything about my account. There is nothing wrong with my bank account, but instead of saying the payment was rejected or something which would allow me to fix it, I get locked out and am given a worthless phone number to nowhere. How about giving me the benefit of the doubt until Monday? It's just wrong to have this kind of response with no data. Their customers might just be able to resolve whatever it is if they could. Locking access to all account details is disturbingly heavy handed. I guess i'll just sit have to wait to call at some time during the week. How ridiculous. Isn't it funny that they can cancel and suspend an account, on the same day that there's nobody there to answer calls as to why. Yeah, I smell a rat.

• lysergia25 Aug 29, 2013

Yea I was looking for correct instance at TK area, ( KNOW TK well, try for that mount every week...) so, anyway went into three total instances, and walked right back out due to wrong one (BEEN years since I did the Arc), anyway...I re-enter Arc, (had to go back out to make sure it was on 5 man heroic, and won't let me back in saying the ONE of the MOST lamest thing I ever heard..."You have entered too many Instances and must wait" WHAT? Those 3 were IT! I swear HOW STUPID, Please stop this stupidity Blizzard OH and SINCE I can speak MY MIND FREELY here, I am told BY a LOT of folks, (ONE a ex -GM who GOT FIRED for this BUT)... GM's, a few if not More... Cheat, they help out friends OR...mess with others THEY decide whom & .that is as BAD, too me...as anyone in any sort of power position...ANYONE who has any sort of POWER over others... I am SURE Some folks do get tempted... BUT I am also well SURE they are Monitored, hard! BUT, these folks, remember... a LOT are Hacks..who..do all this behind Blizzard's Back...I mean any Player ever experience anything so OBVIOUS it made you say WTF??? Thats NOT a Glitch etc..etc.. anyway...I swear..IF I could afford it, I'd Buy a XBOX and a FEW games... (OR a new Play Station ...to play Diablo)...But Cancer costs MONEY! FUNZVILLE! (And I suffer from that C***, don't mean to upset any person by how I FEEL about MY Cancer... I mean, I have 3-5 years IF...anyway, GL with WoW...and PLEASE, if you do have a complaint, please..do.. I hope maybe they will start hearing it...

• Ly
    Lysergicall May 24, 2013

I have had bad experience lately with the new patch 5.3 and the pet Unborn Val'kyr and the new system where we cannot submit a ticket anymore without going thru a DUMB short "pick" a category crap...Whoa! How...special!...LOL, Anyway who needs all this noise? This Inane BULL should have stopped BUT just gets worse! IF your kid wants to play this "game"..LOL WATCH OUT HE or SHE will more than likely become a TOTALLY different person. Bullies abound in game and it has actually become...a joke...well YOU"LL SEE!

Angry_Doll Oct 16, 2012

I have been locked out of my account. I called them and I have ben put on hold for 40 minutes now, they said 5 minutes. I also can not submit a ticket as I can not log in. I have spent so much on the game and on the holding on for them. Plus the game cards. I seriously would not tell people to play this now. So ridiculous!

Comments

• Wanderess Apr 07, 2011

WoW is a great game and their customer service has been better than nearly any other company I've ever had to deal with. I have actually been hacked twice and both times they did a great job in not only keeping me informed, but helping to make me feel less stressed about it.

• Wanderess Apr 06, 2011

You should NEVER go to those sites. You should check out the Account Security section on the WoW website and follow what they say.

• Be
    bearrior Mar 11, 2011

hi i been playing for a while now an i always seem to get messages from you when im playing an i go the the websites that yall
    tell me to go an set up battle.net protecting code or anything an it happens to me all the time
    an now i get one from you guys saying that yall have 7 people who compliant about me
    its just werid that i always get messages from blizzard even when i do nothing wrong
    idk why i got this last message when all i do is play the game right
    i help people an soicalize in a good manner because after all it is just a game
    i thought i would swing this by yall..
    thx

• Ka
    katlyntollisom Jan 06, 2011

i soooo agree with u it is only getting worse as it goes on i mean seriously it is lol

robin93 Nov 13, 2010

Do you think i shoud egt rid of it??????????????? send back

robin93 Nov 13, 2010

Latel ive got the wrath of the lich king and the battle chest and spent my money on it and it will not let me play

robin93 Nov 13, 2010

my downloader has been on for 5 weeks and it just finished today but it will not let me play wow at all ive wasted all my time for nothing and im going to get rid of wow for EVER

robin93 Nov 13, 2010

Ive been downloading the latest pach and it has been on for 5 weeks and it fineshed to day and it will not let me play its a wast of time soz about the spelling

• Pi
    pi$$ed off consumer Aug 12, 2010

lol if you hate the game so much, why do you play? why waste your money and time? Time=money. You just wasted more time complaining about it rather than just ridding your life of wow entirely which is what you wanted in the first place.

• Pi
    pizzed off Jul 20, 2010

agree totally, im surprised at how many of us there is, thing also is you work your ### off to get the required armor than they ### you by saying okay we have new armor sets and the ones you worked your ### off to obtain is no longer useful and you are not able to trade in your out of date armor to purchase the new armor sets

• Ge
    Gezuz Jun 29, 2010

This game is a ###ing disgrace. i have played it sinfce release and overt that time have managed to complete the majority of there end game content. i used to play heavily but over the past years [ since wrath ] have eased of on my gaming time as i have rl concerns. my friends tho continue to play to there hearts content having no job / career. now. i have finnished work at 6pm ... come home. changed not even had time for dinner then went out to the pub with friends to watch the spain portugal game. after the game. much to the annoyance of my friends [ my gf is already pissed off becuse of this ] i have come home to play wow a bit since i rarelty have any time and i want tosee the end game content off ToC and ICC which after a 8 month break i havent seen. i come home. sit down and get told the server dis going to be down for at least 12 hours. so let me sum this up. m8s think im pathetic. one time this month i have time to play this game I PAY FOR! and im restriced from playting it. this is at 11pm gmt. so its not as if its in the wee small hours. surely this ### upgrade should be carried out when people ... i mean REAL people are at work or school and while the slacker mass's are sleepiung rather then when you people who keep the world going and actually have comitments outside wow aer finding the odd hour to play in the elitest world blizzard have constructed.
    for the record i have 7 lvl 70+ alliance and 3 lvl 70 + hord. i have played this game from release and atm am questioning why. my words of advice is that this game is heavily adictive [ look at the anger shown in this post to see the pasion ] it is unlikely i will get another chanvce to play this game for over 2 hgours ahgain this month and for that i feel cheated as i pay £9 a month to play so when blizard decide to remove a server from population so they can ### about with it i feel as if i have someone taking a ### on my face.

anyoen who doesnt already play wow and is considering it. DO NOT PLAY WOW! BLIZZARD IS A VIRUS WHO WILL EXPLOIT YOU AS MUCH ADS THEY CAN!

i am disgusted with myslef for playtign for so long.
    i felt the need to rant. this is less a complaint that violence spilling to the surface while sitting at a keyboard.

many thanks for reading through this extended herecy.
    |Gezuz

• Th
    Thump Jun 08, 2010

Stop and think about the resources used to make the cards themself. Cards need to be an option (perhaps at a small premium or with a bonus pet or sumfing) but for every day users a register reciept would be a far more envirnmentally frindly solution. There is enuf wasted packaging in this world.

• Jc
    JCB-Anonymous Jun 07, 2010

World of Warcraft Game cards, are the size of Bank Cards, and people are choosing to put them in boxes, approximately the size of Kraft Dinner Boxes. People are beginning to complain about how people are killing the trees, and here, they are putting small cards, in boxes Over 5x the size of the game cards. There are enough trees getting killed throughout our world, for people's own selfishness ! And this just proves my point even more. I think, that WoW people should just hand out the cards, and not waste the trees that keep us, humans, and animals alive. Without trees producing Carbon Dioxide, We would not be alive, to make the dumb boxes to carry the Pre-Paid Game Cards. ! And to conclude my reasoning, I still think, that people who produce the cards should just hand them out as cards, or Even on a receipt like they do with Phone Cards most of the time. :)
    (looking at the photo i have posted to go along with this ...Complaint, The card on the front, Is the exact size of the card inside of the box. )

Comments

• Ne
    needshelp2 Apr 17, 2010

btw i just got the burning crusade trial today

• Ne
    needshelp2 Apr 17, 2010

so i upgraded my account after my wow trial ended on last saturday i beleive, i upgraded on thursday/North America wester times/ ad it still says im on a trial if i want to join a guild or anything please comment back

• Bl
    blizzardhacked Jan 07, 2010

make sure its unused game card number

• Bl
    blizzardhacked Jan 07, 2010

if you are having problems with wow money all you need to do is send

<ERROR=GAMECARD>(a 30-day game card number) to
    [email protected]/.com i cant remember
    subject: GAMECARDERROR

i did this and got 2x60-day gamecards sometimes you get 1

• Xo
    Xobbs Dec 08, 2009

Drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough today. After 4 years, I have canceled my WoW account.

No longer able to enter Dalaran without my PC crashing due to video issues, and "patch" 3.3 at 680Mb, I am no longer willing to accept the hardware requirements needed to play this game.

I suggest Blizzard create realms that are either level 60 or level 70 capped. If not capped, and forced to play on level 80 realms with level 60 / 70 characters, every day will be a gank-fest.

So, I am taking my $360 (two accoutns) and will be looking to spend my money elsewhere.

• Ba
    babyboomette Nov 29, 2009

Having played WOW for many years and having problems with some of the patches, I finally hit a major flaw with a patch. Blizzard said I had been hacked and wanted every single bit of identity proof I could supply before they would even think about reinstating my account which they stopped. I told them things no hacker could possible know and still they would not reinstate me and were very rude and so I told them to delete all information they had on me as I didnt trust their security. They told me that my information would be taken to a shedder. I told them destroy all !! I never wanted anything to do with them again ! A week later they emailed me again offering me my account back. How rude they are and how insular. Please do NOT buy the game as it is not worth the effort, they couldnt care less about their customers. If anyone wants any more details I will provide it.

• Zu
    ZuluHour Nov 03, 2009

This is the website for the forum coveriing the changes to Twinks as of patch 3.2 Granted, the ability for Twinks to be overpowering over players who are just in the BG for honor has been changed. Now Twinks are forced to leave their bracket or play against other people like geared. The only thing I'm really seeing taken away is the ability to forever remain a level 39 bully:) Now they have to actually try their prowess against other people who are evenly matched.

• Zu
    ZuluHour Nov 03, 2009

Well, I've had that problem myself and usually its related to either horde or alliance killing the quest people. If, however, you do think its a game glitch and Boots just isn't responding, I'd open an ingame ticket and let one of the GM's know. Usually, its just a matter of resetting whatever line of code that NPC happens to be stuck on.

Hope that helps!

Zuluhour
    aka Zephrus on Demon Soul

• Tr
    Trollbane rulez77 Sep 15, 2009

That stupid Boots guy in Area 52 in World of Warcraft has been dead today and yesterday and i have a quest to turn in to him

• On
    Online Gamer Sep 01, 2009

I have been playing World of Warcraft for about a year now and wanted to make sure everyone who considers buying the game is fully informed. If you choose to play, then you have to choose a server to play on. You should expect that your server, just like everyone else's, will be down for maintenance at least one day per week. Additionally, you should expect significant delays in the late afternoon and evenings logging on to the game and in accessing the more popular portions of the game once you have logged on. In fact, some evenings you may not be able access the most popular portions of the game at all. The unfortunate bottom line is that Blizzard does not allocate sufficient resources to ensure smooth consistent game play and these problem are only getting worse as time goes on.

• Jikari Jul 07, 2009

There are some trial versions that do require purchase, but they are actually rather cheap. This is usually for the extended 14 day trial, which you can pick up at places like GameStop.

If you have having issues with your account, you should contact Billing and Account Services: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20606

• Jikari Jul 07, 2009

If you are having issues with your account after upgrading, you should contact their Billing support: [email protected]

Note that if there is a problem upgrading your account from the Trial Version, the timer for the Trial Version will not stop. If the timer runs out, and it just happens to be on the weekend, you're just going to have to wait until they are open again to resolve your issue.

Most everything, including emails, are auto-generated. Chances are, that your account failed to upgrade due to an error on their website, the timer ran out, and you were sent a generated email.

Here is a link for their Billing and Account services: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20606

• Jikari Jul 07, 2009

The Trial Version of the game, is just a small fraction of the actual game. That's why you are limited to only certain things.

If you buy just the Original game, you will not be able to access Outlands or Northrend, nor will you be able to access the two new races that are available in The Burning Crusade.
    If you buy The Burning Crusade, you will not have access to Northrend, but you will unlock all the features available in The Burning Crusade.

The best option, to avoid massive patches, is to buy all three: Original WoW, The Burning Crusade, & Wrath of the Lich King. You need Original WoW installed prior to installing The Burning Crusade, and you need The Burning Crusade installed prior to installing Wrath of the Lich King. They are expansions for a reason.

Wrath of the Lich King has all the patches from when the game came out, up to Wrath of the Lich King, on the CDs that come with WotLK. This will greatly reduce the amount of time for patches that need to be downloaded and installed. However, all patches that have come out since WotLK went live, will still need to be downloaded and installed, prior to playing.

Also, there is maintenance every Tuesday morning, usually from 5am - 11am PST. It's been this way since the game came out.

Williamgeorge: http://www.wowwiki.com/EU_English_Realms_Info

Jared - If you have a dispute about your World of Warcraft account, you should email them: [email protected]

• Ik
    Iky May 28, 2009

Seriously, i have the exact same problem, its ###in annoyin that i cant play untill the phonelines are available or fix this credit card failure ###. ### you Blizzard

robdog May 12, 2009

first off blizzard gives the trial away for free if you paid someone for it they riped you off and the game is verry large and will not fit on a cd after the cd is loaded it takes up to a day to download the rest the game is around 17 GB plus you need to have a gameing PC or mac to run it.
    anyone can go to blizzard.com and download the FREE 10 day trial and burn it to a cd
    I have been playing world of warcraft over 2 years now with nothing but the best service you can get keep in mind that blizzard has over
    11, 000, 000 costumers and I think they do a dam good job with costumer service all you have to do is call [protected]

• Mi
    Mike66 May 10, 2009

totally agree with you --- same exact thing - when the heck am I going to be able to play this game? why the heck did I need to buy the CD/DVD from the store if the site keeps on having be download 750 MB patches!!! seriously - 750 MB patches? are we f'ing serious? once I might be able to understand since the game I bought from the store might have sat on the shelf a while --- but twice?

Been 2 days now - still haven't even been able to create a character or upgrade my 'free trial version' character --- which suprisingly enough didn't need and 750 MB download - WFT???

Jared Apr 18, 2009

WTF have you done with twinks?!?!?
    You have totally annihilated them and now your not giving out refunds?!?!?
    What kind of multi milliondollar company are you?
    You ###.

• Br
    bradley musson Apr 07, 2009

I bought a trial CD and once I had installed it it kept wanting me to restart installing it.
    Plus I had paid good money for this trial and I hope blizzard get my complaint and do something about this such as give me a refund or anything else that would satisfy me.

yours discustidly, Bradley Musson

• Wr
    Wrath Mar 01, 2009

Well I've been downloading updates for 2 days now after just installing this game. I finish the 1st download, go to play the game but there's another update to install, which took 17 hours. After that had finished I thought that must be it, I can now play this god forsaken game; but no! There is yet another download to install which is going to take another 17 hours to install. It seems to me like this is never going to end. I have uninstalled the game and thrown it in the bin. I have wasted allot of time trying to play this game, and from what I hear it really isn't worth the wait. Anyone still waiting for updates now, seriously, just get rid of this game. You are wasting your time. Blizzard are full of inconvenience and I will never be buying any of their titles again.