Weber Genesis Grill E320Horrible Support!

I purchased a new e-320 Genesis grill from Weber 10 months ago. I ordered it from Amazon because I wanted to gold color exterior. Out of the box, the grill had a gas leak and couldn't be used. After three hours of phone conversation and testing various conflicting things they recommended, they finally sent me a new connection hose between the tank and the grill. They must have sent it parcel post because it took two weeks to get it. In the end, I missed a good chunck of my summer.
About 6 months later I went out to check on some chicken I was cooking and found the center control knob on fire and dripping burning plastic onto the floor. I shut off the gas and put out the fire. Then I called Weber Support. They asked me to take pictures and send them to them. Three days later, when I sent a follow up email, they finally got back to me. The result is that they are going to send me more parts, probably parcel post, which I am going to have to replace myself. The frigging grill could have burned my house down, but they aren't even going to replace it or send a professional out to install the parts! I paid a premium for the Weber because of good reviews, the desire to support an American company, and the expectation of good support. Instead, I got hosed! I will NEVER buy another Weber product again.

Horrible Support!
Horrible Support!

• Jc
    JC Vermont Jun 27, 2011

I agree. It wasn't like this 9 years ago when I bought my first weber grill. Now I purchased the "Top of the line" weber and the control knob assembly doesn't fit in the front panel properly making the knobs difficult to operate. Seems like the quality has gone down the tubes and service is marginal at best.