VangentNon-payment of 401k plan funds

I worked for (Federal Contractor) Vangent for the CMS (Center for Medicade Services) from 10/23/2010 through 7/23/11. I was unemployed, so I took the temporary position to provide income until I could find regular employment.
The agreement when I was employed was that my wages were $12.XX/hour (by Federal Standard) and a $3.50/hour stipend to cover medical insurance benefits. As I was paying for medical insurance coverage I opted to keep that coverage we had and opted to have $3.50/hour stipend put in my 401K plan, this stipend is collected by the General Services Administration, who holds on to the stipend for 6 months (without paying any interest) to cover any possible charges. The money is then transferred to the contractor’s plan 401k Plan. The GSA did this for the first 3 quarters I worked for Vangent.
I resigned from Vangent giving two weeks notice as I found another job on July 23, 2011.
When I questioned why the stipend I’d earned for July and August of 2011 (approx. $1120) had not been transferred from the GSA to my 401K plan as of the end of October, I was informed by GSA today that I would be required to forfeit this amount by Vangent policy. I’ve requested that this be reviewed by Vangent, but they are not cooperating. I feel that I earned these funds, and I was careful to maintain insurance coverage through United Health Care during this time. I was counting on these funds to be deposited in my 401K plan so that “someday” I can afford to retire.
This contractor is being paid from Federal funds, and I think this is a VERY dishonest, unethical “grab” of funds that I have earned. I requested of the Vangent HR rep. why I was NOT informed of this policy when I initially went to work for Vangent or when I resigned. I have not yet received a reply. (Had I been properly informed, I could have renegotiated my resignation date at Vangent so that I would have received my earnings from the 3rd quarter.) I will be filing complaints with all federal regulatory agencies AND elected officials. Vanget has violated their published core values with this action, and needs to be regulated.

Sadiq23 Jun 16, 2012

Was this ever resolved? I worked at Vangent in Chester in [protected]. I left in March of 2012 and I haven't heard anything about the extra $3 an hour I earned for those seven months. We were told during orientation that it would be given to us once we left. Is that true? Its now June and I haven't seen any of those funds. Is is forfeited if you have to quit? Is there some time period you have to wait before its sent to you?