The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved vallejo nursing school — course/instructor
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
1. instructor is bossy, snobby, and a know it all.
2. instructor plays favorites with students
3. instructor gossips
4. instructor changes dates at last minute and does not notify students (board exam, clinicals, test dates for mid term and final)
5. instructor charges $25 for scrubs that can be purchased for $14 at nearby store
6.instructor uses examples of real-life people as well as uses their real names during lectures, then you meet these people at clinicals. the examples are not COMPLIMENTS, but rather what these CNA/LVN/RN did wrong.
7. instructor claims class days are 21 or 32 days long, yet requires review, but does not tell you it is mandatory, and if you do not attend, she will tell you that "you're going to fail."
8. instructor does not provide any textbook for class (you can purchase one on your own through AMAZON or barnes & noble however.)
9.instructor does not return phone calls
10.classroom is dilapidated & i would expect much more from a school that charges $1200 per student, and enrolls 30 students about every 3 wks.
11. instructor drives a cadillac but we paid for our own pizza party. (this is of course more just a funny statement rather than a complaint. i do not care for cadiallacs or GM in general.)