ADVERTISIMENT

Thu:24h
Fri:24h
Sat:24h

Reviews and Complaints

Extended Stay AmericaRent increase during a public health emergency under covid-19

My Name is Mr. Ronald Madden, I have been a resident guess here at the Extended Stay America herein at 11145 Kenwood road in Blue Ash, Ohio 45242.
My rent has been increase during a Public Health Emergency under COVID-19 from $264.81 to $281.80 without reasonable notice and in violation of the Public Health Emergency under President Biden extends eviction ban rent increase during a Public Emergency under COVID-19.
If proof is needed I can show rent increase over months that I shall provide when my complaint is verify accepted.
Please enclosed your e-mail address
this complaint is from
Mr. Ronald L. Madden
11145 Kenwood Road
Blue Ash, Ohio 45242
My E-Mail: [protected]@gmail.com
Cell Number# [protected]

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Extended Stay AmericaCharged me when I left the hotel, without informing me.

I moved to ESA Blue Ash Kenwood Rd in Nov 2019 on the extended plus program, and have been there over a year now.
    Due to work commitments, I had to relocate to Tennessee and moved out of the
    hotel on 13th March 2021.
    When I checked out, the lady at the counter (Kathy) just handed me a receipt and I just kept it. She did not inform me of any credit card charges, nor asked me to sign on the receipt, which they normally would have done if they wanted to charge to my card.
    When I reached Tennessee I had a look at the receipt and was shocked to find a bill of $668.55 charged to my credit card. I had been paying bi-weekly rates of about $490 and had also paid the same amount on 27th Feb which would last me till 13 March.

I called the front desk and asked them why they charged that amount to my credit card. The manager (Patty) said they were entitled to charge me that amount as I did not stay till the end of the month, regardless of the length of time I had been in the hotel, as it was a prorated rate.

I have stayed in many extended stays on the extended plus program and have never had such charges charged to my card even if I left in the middle of the month. In fact, I was always refunded for the days that I had not stayed, provided I stayed a minimum of 2 months on the extended plus program.

I always fulfilled the 2-month minimum stay and therefore was shocked to find that they had charged $668.55 to my card without my consent.

Would appreciate that someone from the corporate office contact them to find out why such an issue occurred.

Comment Guidelines