Dollar General

Fri:8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 10:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Dollar Generalretaliation

I complained to my district manager about the damages in my store #11824 ...because it hadn't been done in over a week by a specific employee Tom [censored]a who is in charge of that ..after the email.. the damages were done now nor Tom [censored]a speaks to me or The store manager since I sent the email...josh woomer is the acting store manager and she should act like one he lets Tom [censored]a do nothing all day and get paid for it when everyone has to work to get paid...I am the store assistant store manager and since the email Josh woomer has decided to cut my hours from 40 hrs to 35 hrs for next week and Tom [censored]a has 38hrs...it"s not that Josh woomer is cutting my hours because of my work ethics or performance or attendance..it"s just because I made the dm aware of his slacking performance in running the store Tom [censored]a knows that he is to do the damages twice a week and does what he wants to do and I end up doing it because of the best interest of the store and the company...I have child support which will be affected by this change decided by Josh woomer...The store moral has gone down so low by the actions of Josh woomer that most of the employees want to resign...is there anything someone can do to help me resolve this situation I'm also getting fed up but he's not going to get away with playing with my livelyhood or my kids I need help to resolve this asap please thanks

Nelson Camargo

• Ur
      urdumb Feb 29, 2012

I think this is probably the under-performers forum. I would probably suggest to all of you to spend less time complaining about what other people are not doing, and concentrating on what you should be doing. Maybe then you will have someone to blame on your troubles other than yourselves.

• Ug
      u give me hummingbirds May 30, 2011

I work in a DG similar to what youve explained, at least regarding what youve said about the managers cutting hours. I am frequently a victim of my store manager getting upset at me and cutting my hours down to anywhere from 0-5 hours a week and she does it whenever she gets upset with an employee. She either cuts your hours to the point you cant live or she will give you the worst hours that no one wants. Or she will give you hours that you cannot take due to prior engagements. I know mine does this in an effort to get us to quit. Im sorry you have to deal with similar problems. DG is apparently notorious about it.

• Sr
      srchng4care May 21, 2011

your right stewie chain of command is a joke if the first person isnt doing their job go to the next in line until something is done why sit back and risk your job because someone isnt doing theres? if your manager gets pissed then good! maybe next time they'll what there supposed to!

"You went over the manager's head and went to the DM. There is a chain of command"... OH NO!!! haha

• St
      STEWIE MILLER May 20, 2011

The chain of command is a joke !!! Go to the RM and let him know what is going on and he is not doing his job !!!
      I am a Store Manager and I treat all my employees with respect and they respect me the same .. I do not favor anyone, we all work as a team.
      But I do know how you feel because I have been there, I worked for the laziest store managers ever and no-one would listen so I went to the top, and something was done about it !!! I even split my bonus with my employees because they work just as hard as I do and they deserve it !!!

• Sh
      sheyla huarhua May 18, 2011

If you saw a model store an investor store fall apart once taken over by some young kid with no experience and at the same time lowering the moral of the employees who worked so hard to maintain it at that level for someone to come tear it down and let a lead with no interest in the company do everything but his job wouldn't you be bothered...he is really good at one thing he can surely smoke himself some packs of cigarretes in no time at all tooo bad his work ethic isn't the same