NorthShore University HealthSystem

Thu:8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri:8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

NorthShore University HealthSystemJoey Raviv (unnecessary surgeries)

Joseph Raviv is an unethical, treacherous doctor that performs unnecessary surgeries on patients for additional insurance money. I visited Dr Raviv in 2014, and all I needed was endoscopic sinus surgery (where the surgeon widens the sinus passages to promote better drainage). However, when I was sedated, he threw in an unnecessary septoplasty that severely narrowed the right side of my nasal airway.

For people reading this, I have included x-ray images of the inside of my nose, before and after my surgery with him (the images can be seen on his yelp profile, I can't post them here). As you can see from these images, my nasal airway was equal on both sides, before surgery, and the septoplasty didn't need to be done. By performing it, he severely narrowed the right side of my nasal airway.

Also, check out the video in the link below. It details my experience with this fraud.

Raviv performed this unnecessary surgery to collect that additional insurance money. There is no other explanation for this. Furthermore, when I later contacted him, and told him that my breathing was worse, and I suspected it was a problem with my septum, he told me that he wouldn't be able to perform the revision septoplasty (make it the way it was before). Therefore, not only is he GREEDY, by performing unnecessary surgeries, but he is INCOMPETENT, for not being able to fix his mistakes.

This unnecessary surgery has caused me to suffer for 7 years. Since I can't really breathe out of my nose, I don't sleep well at night. I am then exhausted all day, not able to function well, and there is nothing that can be done to fix it. I have lost friends, and jobs over the years, and I am not able to pursue some of the career goals that I wanted to when I was younger. The only reason I can't sue Raviv is that my statute of limitations for medical malpractice has expired.

In addition, Raviv is also a COWARD. As soon as I started talking about my negative experience online, instead of apologizing or trying to remedy the situation, Raviv hired a corrupt, unethical lawyer named LUISA TRUJILLO (who now, ironically, works as the head of Northshore Legal affairs). This lawyer sent me a cookie cutter "Cease and Desist", informing me that I would be "sued" if I didn't stop talking about my experience. What a joke! That was 3 years ago, and I haven't stopped anything.

When that didn't work, Raviv went "in tears" to the Northbrook Police Department, hoping they would scare me into not sharing my story. The detective told me Raviv was literally "sobbing" in his office when he came in. That was now 7 months ago. Well guess what, I am not going to stop talking. I am going to keep spreading the word until everyone connected to Northshore knows about this. This doctor absolutely devastated my life, and the hospital did nothing about it. Please share this information with other people in the Chicagoland area.

Joey Raviv (unnecessary surgeries)
Joey Raviv (unnecessary surgeries)

Comment Guidelines

Respond

NorthShore University HealthSystem — Joseph R. Raviv | MD | ENT

Joseph Raviv is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS DOCTOR that performs UNNECESSARY SURGERIES on patients just to the...