US. Office & Industrial SupplyScam

T Review updated:

A salesperson from U.S. Office & Industrial Supply called our distribution center and asked the person who answered the phone what his name was. The salesman then offered a free gift if this warehouse worker agreed to sample some shrink wrap. The salesman stated that if the sample wrap was to our satisfaction, they would try to match or beat the pricing from our current supplier. The inexperienced warehouse worker mistakenly agreed to sample some wrap. 10 days later two cases of shrink wrap arrive, then we receive a bill for $282.90 that simply lists the warehouse workers name in the PO field. Two weeks later their collections department calls demanding payment. When met with firm resistance, and a threat to contact the State Attorney General's office, they offer to reduce the invoice amount and eventually they credit the entire invoice.
This is a very dishonest way of trying to manipulate business through exploitation and intimidation.

• Da
    Daigle Brothers Mar 24, 2011

Billed us for items not ordered and not received and fraudulently charged our credit card.

Anchor Hardwoods Jun 27, 2014

The same EXACT thing just happened to me. Was offered a great $35 promotion(including free shipping!) and then received a bill for an unbelievable $283!! Crooks!

• Ad
    adam gibson Nov 09, 2015

These people have been scamming us for years. Give them a phony name act stupid and when the junk comes if you can use it, use it. If there is anything left over and they are screaming for their money tell them to come pick it up and laugh at them. There is nothing that they can do. Ship back a box of rocks on their dime. Do not give them any money. If everyone did this, they would go away.

• Ce
    C E Notaro Jul 25, 2016

I received a 1/2 case of ball point pens that I did not order. Said they were sending a sample and give me Subway gift card if I tried. So he sent me a 1/2 case of pens, and now I received a bill for them! I never even ordered them! That makes me so angry! I am going to take the advice of Adam Gibson!

• Ke
    Keke0321 Oct 09, 2019

The same exact thing happened to me. We wanted to try out the tape once and see how it was. The tape was terrible compared to what we have. Now they are trying to bill us for bubble-wrap that we didn't order. Every time I call they say the salesperson is not at their desk and that they will call me back. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM.