United Pay ServicesHarrassment


This company called me up and the person on the other end stated that he was officer Shane Watson and that there was a warrant for my arrest and they were calling to make sure that I was at work, as a courtesy call. It took me 10 minutes to get to the bottom line of the nature of the call.

I had taken out a payday loan that I defaulted on 2 years ago. He stated that I owed $420.00 and demanded that I make payment in full or else be arrested within a couple of hours. He has not given me all of the information to even send anything to them, but they are calling my office everyday - not to talk to me, but to my manager, who has since left the company. I am not trying to run from the debt, but I should be given any opportunity to have all of the information to pay it and to quit being harassed by this company.


  • Te
    Tesh Mar 31, 2010

    I have just experienced the same situation..and Shane Watson keeps calling my job as well...it is abit annoying..what can you do to stop the harassment...I filed complaint already??

    0 Votes
  • Ch
    chory Mar 31, 2010

    record every phone conversations u had with him, mark his phone number. is he REALLY an officer? may be he's just a debt collector, if he pretend to be an officer collecting a debt, he's in violation of federal Fair debt collection practice act. as far as i see, he broke a few already.

    1. he can't discuss your debt with anyone else other than debtor (you)
    2. he can't harrass you at your work if you already told them NOT to.
    3. he can't say he would arrest you if he didn't intend to do so and follow through.

    each violation can cause collector 1000 dollars. if their action cause u to lose your job, make sure you sue them for harrassment and make them pay.

    usually you would get wage garnishment or property taken away from you ONLY IF you have a trial and lose. if they threaten u, it's another violation.

    you should read the fdcpa and check with him who he really is. there are debt collectors who pretend to be lawyers and authorities. don't pay until you find out who they are.

    ask them to send you a debt validation via certified mail with return receipt. ask them for an address. record phone calls, you can also type them a CEASE and Desist letter to have them contact u ONLY BY MAIL.

    sites u might find it useful


    if they still contact u after u send the cease and desist letter and without the validation of the debt, i would suggest u file a complaint to ftc and start your processor to sue them for violations. lawyers loves that. but make sure u got proves!

    0 Votes
  • Ch
    chory Mar 31, 2010

    make sure u send them mails with certified mail + return receipt. and don't do anything unless they send u some evidences about the debt u owe, like agreement, contracts u signed. even if the debt is yours, they can't harrasse people like that, and u can still sue them. Don't let them get you.

    best of luck

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    In The News

    Unhappy consumers gather online at Complaintsboard.com and have already logged thousands of complaints
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem