Unitech Builders/ Horizon Greater NoidaDelay

Unitech Builders was paid full amount 5 years ago for a 3 bedroom apartment in Norizon Project in Greater NOIDA. Its 5 years now and I have not been given the possession. On the other hand I have been paying EMI to the Bank for 5 years now. I have been communicating with the Bank about the delay and for them to ensure this is not another scam, my Bank says they will get back but never do. If there is any delay in payment of EMI they send reminders and even slap the fine.
Recently I told my Bank I am not going to pay any more till I get the possession, and just stopped my first payment after 5 years not knowing where all this is going to end up, and not knowing whether I will keep on paying to the Bank for many many years w/o getting the possession.
I am suffering a lot and not having possession of the dwelling for 5 years has put lot of starin in our family.

I need help and suggestions to get out of this mess, recover my funds and buy something thas ready made.

Pleas help!

• De
    Devang P Apr 18, 2011

Hey Rakesh,
    I would suggest you to neither freak out and nor get depressed. Please bear in mind that delays in construction are normal and faced by almost all real estate developers. There are many reason to these delays. As small works in the entire project are given to other specific sub-contractors, a delay on their part can result in delay in the entire project. Unitech is the second largest real estate developer firm and be assured that they wont dupe you. Bear with Unitech and I am sure that your apartment will be delivered to you soon.