TvAddicts.tv / Scam and abuse!

1 United States

I ordered the complete Cosby Show series on 12-14-07 and was immediately charged $127.72 on my credit card. After 2 weeks and no product, I attempted to call their toll free number... out of service. i then attempted to contact them via email... they responded 6 days later and said please be patient, it's coming. Then I received 3 emails over 8 days stating that the item was on backorder and I could cancel the order by replying tot he email send to me by them. Well, they kept sending me emails, but never canceled the order. Finally got someone on their live chat and they begged me to be patient and kept offering me perks... like 10% off my purchase. Finally got them to say they would refund my money but would take 10 business days... still nothing. Finally disputed charge on my Visa and am hoping to get it resolved quickly. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Comments

• 0 Votes
    TvAddicts.tv - Selling illegal copies of TV shows

TVADDICTS.TV is selling illegal packaged DVD sets of the entire series of Everwood. Now, as a huge Everwood fan, I've been waiting for the WB to finally release seasons two through four on DVD, which they apparently refuse to do because they won't make a big enough profit, as season one didn't sell well enough to satisfy them.

In any case, the only way tvaddicts.tv could have accessed the entire series on DVD is to have taped them and produced them for profit without permission -- which we all know is illegal. Along with the complaints about horrible customer service from this company, I'd like to point out that if these scam-artists can be tracked down, they can easily be charged as criminals.

If anyone has the ability to track these people down and turn them in, please do so.

TvAddicts.tv - Multiple Charges and No Response

I, as well, stumbled across this website too late. I ordered the complete series of "Scarecrow and Mrs. King," a great 80s tv show. I was charged 3 times, paying over $230, for DVDs that turned out to be extremely poor-quality pirated discs. Basically recorded straight off of the television, the DVDs arrived damaged and won't play. I've tried several times to contact the company, attempting to return the DVDs and get a refund, but am STILL waiting for a response that I fear will never come.

Don't purchase anything from tvaddicts.tv (or dvdavenue.tv, one of their other names). They're scamming jerks and I've since learned that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (the company is "located" in Canada) are already investigating them.

TvAddicts.tv - faulty disks
    Australia

I ordered the 10 season freinds disks for my friends birthday.
    my creditcard was charged disks arrived all seems ok half the disks dont work ,some are fuzzy unwatch able and a few others arenot even friends episods.
    ive emailed the company a few time with a im sorry we will forward your order shortly i havent recieved these replacements yet and this has been going on for 10mnths i no longer get a reply from tvaddicts.tv DO NOT BE THE NEXT TO GET SCAMMED DONT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE.
    i now have to be put out of pocket again and buy these dvds . this time from a shop.

• Rd

I almost got taken by a site called DVDave.tv. For some reason it seemed like something was wrong and then I came across 6 other sites set up exactly the same:

DVDDONKEY
    dvdcollections.tv
    ultimatedvdshop.com
    dvdplanet.org
    dvdcraze.tv
    dvdavenue.tv

Be careful. These people are all over and I can't believe that no one has caught and prosecuted them.

• Re

TvAddicts.tv - Replacement of 5 defective DVD's

I have been fighting this company for almost a year, even threatened them with a lawsuit. That was unrealistic since their physical address appears to be a dark secret. I have sent approximately 15 e-mails trying to get this resolved. Always promises from them, but no results. They even told me that an e-mail would be forthcoming with a new tracking number. That was two months ago. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, and advise others to do the same. They are scam artists and I would like to see their scamming stopped. A class action suit would be the answer, and I would gladly lend my name to one if there is no charge for this.

• Cr

Unfortunately, I stumbled across this complaint board minutes after I placed an order for the Rifleman Tv series on dvdplanet.org. I tried to get back to the site, but always ended back up at dvdplanet.com. Came across this site, (thank God) and called my credit card company right away, and put a hold on anything they try to charge my account. Reported what I had read, e-mailed dvdplanet.org that I had reported them to my credit card company and their security department. (It didn't bounce back yet). WHEN will I ever learn not to stray from the sites that I have come to love and trust?!! But thanks to the good people out there looking out for each other, I think I made it out of this one in time.

• Cr

Oh yeah! I got a email from dvd.org saying my credit card was denied!! (Thank you credit card company security) (Then they sent me one in response to my request to cancel the order, that they had refunded my money. How big of them to refund that of which they did not receive!

• Do

These people are scam artist. I ordered Superboy dvd through my credit card and they still haven't send me the dvd's I ask after 2 month. I emailed 7 times and live chat but only to get empty promises also. This is what I got for the live chat.

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to
    respond.
    Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Marie'
    Marie: hi
    Marie: how may i help you?
    you: hi
    Marie: yes
    Marie: may I have your order number please
    you: I didnt
    you: you guys just
    you: sent me an
    you: receipt
    you: with no order number
    Marie: transaction Id and order number are the same
    you: the date is oct. 2
    you: Posting Date: 10/2/2017 Description:
    1-888-7TV-MILK Debit: $80.32
    you: thats from my bank account
    Marie: may I have the email address that you used when
    you placed this order
    you:
    Marie: hold on please
    Marie: may I have your name please
    you: **************8
    Marie: your order number is 149825
    you: ok
    Marie: your order its still on the process of being
    ship at the given destination
    you: is it gonna be sent
    you: ok
    out
    Marie: we will send it next week
    you: are you guys booked
    you: just curious
    you: I emailed you guys
    Marie: sorry?
    you: and it said will return in 24 -48 hours
    Marie: what do you mean?
    you: and I called many times
    you: thanks
    you: bye

• 0 Votes

I am so glad I did a search on the company before giving over my heard to come by money! My daughter wanted the Adventures of Superboy DVD's for Christmas and she would have been so disappointed if they never showed or showed up in the mail but didn't work. I kept trying to convince her that the DVD's would be no good because they wouldn't be digitally remastered like Season 1 which was released by Warner Bros. last year. It is a blessed event that I would find this before losing any money. As for my daughter she will just have to wait until WB releases the rest of the series.

• 0 Votes

After doing research on this company, I have found out some helpful information:
    • They are using a hotmail email address in their meta tags : tvaddictsseo1@hotmail.com. I just emailed that address and I haven't heard anything back yet.
    • They are using a ip tracking service through prolexic.com. I contacted them to try and get their company information but they wouldn't give it to me, even when I told them they are doing illegal activities. Maybe if enough people call 1 (954) 620-6002, then maybe they will give somebody the information. Or email them at support @ prolexic.com.
    • They say that they are tracking your ip address to ensure your security, however, they made an error in the code, therefore, are not able to track your ip address. I was told this directly by Bill at Prolexic.
    • They are using fake web graphics which show 128 bit security, which they are not, look for a lock on your browser window, there is not one.
    • They are illegally charging more than what they invoice to customers
    • Be very careful on the web, make sure you do a google search on companies before you buy from them. Do NOT buy from these criminals.
    • If anyone else knows any more information, please put it up online, so maybe somebody can track down these people and charge them with some serious felonies.

www.tvaddicts.tv - Frauds and scams
    542 Quinton Kirkland Rd
    Nicholls
    Georgia
    Phone: 912-345-2932

I ordered a set of Murder She Wrote DVD series on 11-26 07. I was charged on my credit card, but as of yet have received nothing. They will not answer an e-mail or a phone call. It is robery. This was suppose to be a Christmas Gift.

• Jm

RE: UltimateDVDShop a.k.a. DVDAvenue.tv, a.k.a. TVAddicts.TV, a.k.a. ?????

I ordered the JAG complete series on 41 DVDs

I have same complaints as many on this site: DVDs of marginal quality - TV copies, and seven DVDs were blank, missing or nhad the wrong material copied on them.

A total of 35 episodes are missing -- and I have not yet been able to confirm yet whether all the episodes I did receive are viewable.

Delivery took seven weeks, against estimate on order of two weeks.

E-mails to orders@dvdavenue.tv and calls to 1-877-7TV-SHOW have brought no response regarding rectifying mistakes or providing a return number.

• 0 Votes

I ordered The Fall Guy complete series and B.J. And The Bear, I,ve called and have gotten no responce. I actually ordered under dvddonkey and was routed to 1-877-7-TV-Show, What Can I do?

they took my money no number to call and complain product was broken and they never exchanged!!! I am still waiting

• 0 Votes

I went to know how i can order the six milliondallorman and have it send to me

TvAddicts.tv - Frauds and scams
    TvAddicts.tv
    Texas
    www.tvaddicts.tv

My wife and I ordered some dvds from tvaddicts.tv a few weeks ago, totaling over $105. We never got a confirmation email, which made us start wondering what was going on, so we did some checking and found this site. We tried canceling our order, but could never get anyone to answer an email, and they didn't have a phone number. We kept checking our credit card account online, and they never even charged the amount, instead they started charging other things, using my home address. Luckily I caught it after the first 3 charges and had my card canceled. There weren't even smart enough to charge my card for what I ordered from them before they started using my card for other things. So they got nothing.

• 0 Votes

For those who live in the United States the web site for filing a international internet fraud complaint is www.ic3.gov. All who have been victims of TV addicts.TV should file a complaint until the FBI investigates them just to stop the flood of complaints.

• 0 Votes

File a complainent on the FBI website for Internet Crime (fraud, copyright infrigement) at www.ic3.gov

• Tw

TvAddicts.tv - DVD Fraud
    tvaddicts
    Victoria
    Australia

Like obviously many before me, purchased RAWHIDE DVD Box set through tvaddicts.tv. Shd have searched 'frauds' first. Arrived today and are clearly pirated and a very poor copy (about the only thing correct in their description is that the DVDs will be "Presented in full screen format - exactly as it was shown on television" True. Given they've recorded straight from a TV with no aerial, poor reception, dodgy sound and by someone with a shaky camera hand. Comments I've read seem to indicate no-one knows where they are based. if it's any help with your claims, the despatch document/AWB with the package I received shows they came from 'BEIERLAN CO LTD' NO.186 YUHUA RD, SHIJIAZHUANG. am going through the process of demanding a refund, but at least it is paid by credit card with a standard dispute procedure. it may take a while but probably a good chance at least the bank will refund me and the merchant then has to prove the transaction is valid. (have done this before and it is worth the wait - unlikely the fraudsters would challenge it and banks tend to refund first, and onus is on merchant to prove otherwise...)