Tidewater Finance CompanyInaccurate Reporting

I purchased furniture in August using Tidewater Finance Company. I paid off the credit account a month early. Last week I randomly got a bill for 1.29, and then today when I was at the car dealership purchasing a car I was informed that on 12/5, two days ago, Tidewater reported to all three credit agencies that I was 90 days delinquent for 13 dollars. I was already livid after spending 4 hours at the dealership for nothing but when I called customer service the put my wife on hold and then came back and said the manager was looking at it and would call back shortly. An hour later when we called in the manager had gone home, and they would not put any other manager on the phone. The agent speaking to my wife was very rude. I would NEVER use this company again.

• Am
    Amy Layne May 29, 2016

I purchased a washer and dryer and financed it with fide water services. I paid account in full in Febuary 2016 and received a copy of my credit report stating I owed 121.00 in past due with a 51.00 balance??? I contacted Tide water and confirmed my 1850.00 paid in full payment. I was told this would be corrected, I had to wait 2 months to see a change on my credit report however now they show me owing a balance of 1600.00 I am going to Wells fargo to get a copy of my statement to prove payment and contacting an attorney. I have had it with their games, I paid my debit and do not deserve the false reporting that is happening.

• Cr
    creativemind85 Apr 10, 2015

I wish when I bought my car I would have had a choice. My bank debit card was stolen. I have the payments set up ACH to come out of my account using my debit card. I called letting them know what happen so that I am not penalized for the money not being in my account and they tell me that there is no way that they can help me. Then when I started to ask question like how can I do it myself online, they didn't have a clue. In, other words they refused to help me, but don't let the car payment be late they will be on your back about making the payment. I am very frustrated with this company. I hope that they go out of business and somebody better pick up my loan or better I won't owe anything. They are very rude and stupid individuals who are hired to do nothing and keep you holding on listening to the music for am very long time. The only thing they know is how to ask for money when things are not paid on time and report you to the beau.