The Atlantic Remodeling Corporation — Rip off, liars, and violation of codes
They ordered no supplied and did no work, yet the sewed me anyway.
After the 3 hour sales pitch, and having to sign a paper to waive my rights to cancel the contract in 3 days, we unfortunately signed a contract. I canceled the contract 8 days after signing and Bert Levar the CEO even called me to threaten me with a lawsuit that would cost me thousands of dollars.
1. Get a copy of the waiver of the rights to rescind.
2. They will do or say anything to get the sale. a. The contract stated they would remove a ridge vent and shingle over it... This is against the VA Construction Code, and Certain Teeds installation instructions. b. The contract said they would only install GAF Weather Watch by the gutters, go to the website... this is not how GAF says to install their product as a Master Elite installer. c. Ice damming... they don't do it properly in accordance with the VA Construction Code.
3. Since they don't do the work in compliance with the VA Const. Code, or the manufacturers installation instruction you do not get the "25 yr" warranty that they promise! If you had your roof done by them... look at the installation instructions of the product! They cut corners, lie, and do not follow the instructions! If you do your homework you can sue them.
4. Dave Stavanoha is a slimy salesman that will say anything to get you to sign, and then you are trapped. Jim Yates claims to be the top of the food chain at the company, and told me that I'm screwed and he didn't care. Bert Levar (CEO) calls and threatens lawsuits! Then Todd the new CFO comes to court drinking the corporate cool-aid still trying to sell a roof to me as his company is suing me, and laughing at me as I cite the violations to the installation instructions and VA Construction Code. He said they are more like "guidelines" not instructions or codes.
5. The profit that they will get on your job is twice as much as you need to pay.
Avoid this company at all costs! If they did your roof... I would dig into the manufacturers installation instructions and see where they violated the directions and code. Sue them! Tell them what Jim Yates told me, "It's just business." This company is desperate for every penny they can squeeze out of you.